- Germany shelves Nazi crimes probe of US man Updated: Aug-01-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors have shelved their Nazi war crimes investigation of a retired Minnesota carpenter whom The Associated Press exposed as a former commander in an SS-led unit, saying Friday that the 96-year-old is not fit for trial.
- Son: No evidence Minnesota man committed Nazi crimes Updated: Jul-31-15 7:55 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The son of a Minnesota man who was exposed by The Associated Press as a commander of an SS-led unit in World War II is applauding Germany's decision to shelve its investigation into his father.
- Strife between defendant, lawyers at German neo-Nazi trial Updated: Jul-29-15 4:52 am
BERLIN - A Munich court has refused to order a criminal investigation into claims by a woman accused of complicity in 10 neo-Nazi murders that her attorneys violated her privacy.
- Europe's largest Jewish sporting event opens in Germany Updated: Jul-28-15 3:58 pm
BERLIN - Germany's president welcomed Jewish athletes on Tuesday to the first European Maccabi Games to be held in the country, at a site built by the Nazis for the 1936 Olympics.
- Leader of Russian neo-Nazi group sentenced to life Updated: Jul-24-15 10:59 am
MOSCOW - Moscow's highest court sentenced a leader of a militant neo-Nazi group to life in prison Friday after he was convicted of ordering five brutal killings, including that of a prominent human rights lawyer.
- Police: Multiple guns, knives seized from man's apartment Updated: Jul-24-15 5:38 am
JOHNSTON, Rhode Island - Authorities say a tip led to the arrest of a Rhode Island man who allegedly had several weapons in his apartment.
- Black state official 'overwhelmed' by viral photo response Updated: Jul-22-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Amid angry demonstrations over the Confederate flag last weekend, a quiet gesture of human kindness unfolded on the steps to South Carolina's Statehouse: A white man overcome by the sweltering heat and wearing a Nazi swastika on his T-shirt was escorted to rest and shelter by a black man wearing an officer's uniform.
- Auction of glamorous spy's medals fetches record price Updated: Jul-22-15 12:43 pm
LONDON - Medals awarded to a glamorous World War II heroine fetched a record price at auction on Wednesday, reviving memories of the spy whose exploits earned her one of Britain's most prestigious honors.
- Nazi hunter asks police to probe Dane over murder of Jews Updated: Jul-21-15 1:52 pm
HELSINKI - A leading Nazi hunter has asked Denmark to investigate a 90-year-old Dane suspected of being involved in the mass murder of Jews in Belarus during World War II.
- Remains of victims of Nazi experiments found in France Updated: Jul-20-15 2:37 pm
PARIS - It started with a letter, a brief reference to samples taken from the bodies of Holocaust victims used in Nazi medical research. Decades later, the jars and test tubes found behind a glass cupboard in a locked room testified to history's horror.
- Germany awards medals of honor to Nazi-hunting couple Updated: Jul-20-15 12:40 pm
PARIS - Germany has awarded medals of honor to a French couple who spent decades bringing Nazi war criminals to justice - sometimes by unconventional means.
- Europe's largest Jewish sporting event coming to Germany Updated: Jul-20-15 12:04 pm
BERLIN - Europe's largest Jewish sporting event is coming to Germany for the first time, bringing more than 2,000 Jewish athletes together from around the world to compete at a site constructed by the Nazis for the 1936 Olympics.
- Tabloid publishes images of future queen giving Nazi salute Updated: Jul-18-15 2:59 pm
LONDON - Buckingham Palace expressed its disappointment Saturday with a tabloid newspaper for publishing images of a young Queen Elizabeth II performing a Nazi salute with her family in 1933, the year Adolf Hitler came to power.
- Appeals court rips state attorney for misconduct at trial Updated: Jul-09-15 6:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - A California appeals court overturned a jury verdict because of egregious misconduct by a state Department of Transportation lawyer who portrayed an injured motorcyclist minister as a low-life Nazi biker.
- Polish leader apologizes for MP who made Hitler salute Updated: Jul-09-15 6:20 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's foreign minister has apologized in his country's name for a right-wing Polish member of the European Parliament who raised his arm in a Nazi salute to make a political point.
- Boycott drive gains strength, raising alarm in Israel Updated: Jul-07-15 10:54 am
JERUSALEM - Ten years ago, a small group of Palestinian activists had a novel idea: Inspired by the anti-apartheid movement, they called for a global boycott movement against Israel as a nonviolent method to promote the Palestinian struggle for independence.
- Neo-Nazis rally in London, outnumbered by rivals Updated: Jul-04-15 1:28 pm
LONDON - A small group of neo-Nazis have staged an anti-Semitic rally in London, but were hugely outnumbered by counter-demonstrators.
- German authorities seize tank, other WWII weapons in raid Updated: Jul-03-15 9:25 am
BERLIN - Authorities seized a 45-ton Panther tank, a flak cannon and multiple other World War II-era military weapons in a raid on a 78-year-old collector's home in northern Germany, prosecutors said Friday.