- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- New River bald eagle hit by train and vehicle dies Updated: Apr-17-14 12:55 pm
- Seabird from Atlantic spotted on Alcatraz Updated: Apr-16-14 2:20 pm
- 2 eggs offer hope for endangered whooping cranes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:38 am
- Edgewood man accused of illegally selling feathers Updated: Apr-14-14 6:46 pm
- Up to $7,500 reward for info in bald eagle death Updated: Apr-14-14 6:01 pm
- Winter's just ended; time for brush fire season Updated: Apr-14-14 10:50 am
- Utilities look to lure ospreys from utility poles Updated: Apr-13-14 1:37 pm
- Bald eagle killing in St. Bernard Parish examined Updated: Apr-13-14 12:14 pm
- Citizens can weigh in Monday on outdoors issues Updated: Apr-12-14 6:46 pm
- Rare whooping crane spotted at Lake Okeechobee Updated: Apr-12-14 10:37 am
- Students seek safer cell tower osprey nest Updated: Apr-11-14 11:16 am
- Official: Birds along Missouri River could change Updated: Apr-11-14 10:53 am
- Conservationists seek more protection for grouse Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 pm
- Public comment period for cuckoo extended Updated: Apr-10-14 6:15 am
- Climate changes to result in bird, reptile shifts Updated: Apr-09-14 6:17 pm
- Young bald eagle released after injury recovery Updated: Apr-09-14 5:19 pm
- Controlled burn aims to help sparrow habitat Updated: Apr-09-14 3:39 pm
- Probation ordered for illegal feather sales Updated: Apr-09-14 2:36 pm
- DNR plans guided birding tours in April and May Updated: Apr-09-14 4:04 am
- Osprey return to Missoula baseball stadium nest Updated: Apr-08-14 2:27 pm
- Alcoa asks for name suggestions for baby eagle Updated: Apr-07-14 6:09 pm
- Falcon nesting closes some areas around Sequoia Updated: Apr-07-14 1:27 pm
- Michigan gets share of migratory bird funding Updated: Apr-07-14 8:13 am
- Georgia eagle population continues steady growth Updated: Apr-06-14 1:47 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A female bald eagle that nested in the New River Gorge has died from injuries suffered last month when she was hit by a train and later by a vehicle.
ALCATRAZ ISLAND, California - Biologists have flocked to Alcatraz Island to get a glimpse of a seabird that is believed to have never previously visited the waters of the Pacific.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two eggs sitting on a nest of marsh grass and sticks in a crawfish pond offer a hope in a project to bring back the endangered whooping crane to south Louisiana.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico man has been arrested for allegedly selling feathers from federally protected eagles.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Humane Society of the United States are offering a reward of up to $7,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whomever is responsible for killing a federally protected bald eagle.
PLAISTOW, New Hampshire - New Hampshire residents just getting used to spring now have to deal with brush fire season.
WEST FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - Utility officials are on the lookout for returning ospreys that nest in the cross arms of utility poles on Cape Cod.
VERRET, Louisiana - Authorities are offering up to $7,500 for information about whoever killed a bald eagle near Verret in St Bernard Parish. The eagle was found April 4 near the parish fire station on Highway 300.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Residents in all 72 Wisconsin counties will get a chance to weigh in Monday on issues ranging from whether to allow the hunting of tundra swans to whether hunters should be allowed to venture onto private land to retrieve a hunting dog.
MIAMI - One of the few surviving whooping cranes from a failed attempt to establish a Florida-based flock of the endangered birds has made a rare appearance at Lake Okeechobee.
HELENA, Montana - After a long winter migration, the pair of ospreys nesting on a cellphone tower across from Kessler Elementary School returned Wednesday. Little did they know during their time away the efforts that went into making their nest safe for them and this year's crop of chicks.
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A biology researcher at the University of South Dakota says life will likely be changing for birds along the Missouri River.
DENVER - Conservation groups say they will go to court to force the Obama administration to do more to save the lesser prairie chicken, arguing a recent federal ruling doesn't stop the energy industry from killing the grouse or encroaching on its habitats in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
PHOENIX - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is giving the public more time to comment on a proposal to list the Western population of the yellow-billed cuckoo as threatened.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - As temperatures climb across the Southwest, researchers have found some species will win, but others stand to lose - and lose big.
NORTH THETFORD, Vermont - An immature bald eagle was released back in the wild in North Thetford after being nursed back to health by a Vermont organization that cares for injured birds.
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A controlled burn in the Lansing area is expected to help improve habitat for the Henslow's sparrow.
WICHITA, Kansas - An Oklahoma man has been sentenced in Kansas for selling feathers from federally protected eagles and hawks to undercover federal agent.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Bird lovers can join viewing tours in April and May at waterfowl areas managed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
MISSOULA, Montana - A pair of osprey have begun building a nest on a man-made platform along the Clark Fork River in Missoula that biologists reserved for the fish-hawks after a pair of early-bird Canada geese laid claim to the spot last year.
RIVERDALE, Iowa - Officials at the Alcoa Davenport Works in Riverdale are asking for help naming an eaglet that hatched last week in a nest watched by millions of people over the Internet.
FRESNO, California - A section of the Sequoia National Forest and surrounding areas have been closed to the public to provide privacy to the only known nesting pair of peregrine falcons in the area.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan is getting a share of $61 million in funding to protect, restore and enhance wetlands and other areas that are migratory bird habitats.
COVINGTON, Georgia - During a late-March aerial survey by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, more than 25 bald eagle nests were counted in northeastern Georgia. All but three represented viable adults and chicks.