- EXCHANGE: Carterville center offers wildlife rehab Updated: Mar-12-14 6:17 am
- House panel subpoenas on wind power, eagle deaths Updated: Mar-11-14 4:58 pm
- Reward up to $20K in whooping crane shooting Updated: Mar-11-14 9:55 am
- 2 golden eagles released after months of rehab Updated: Mar-10-14 11:13 am
- Longtime Clifty Falls program leader to retire Updated: Mar-10-14 10:25 am
- Rehabbed bald eagle released in Quincy Updated: Mar-10-14 9:20 am
- Native Americans use dead eagles found in Nebraska Updated: Mar-09-14 7:46 pm
- Birds drawn to frozen lake's Vt.-NY ferry channels Updated: Mar-09-14 8:44 am
- Deep snow, cold takes toll on swans, ducks Updated: Mar-08-14 3:16 pm
- Missoula protects osprey nest from Canada goose Updated: Mar-08-14 2:27 pm
- Annual Ill. eagle count spots record bird numbers Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Big pelicans spotted on southern Illinois lakes Updated: Mar-07-14 12:41 pm
- Iowa pet breeders criticize proposed legislation Updated: Mar-05-14 7:32 pm
- Judge keeps Montana wind farm contract in place Updated: Mar-04-14 8:26 pm
- Baby bald eagles visible in Lake Guntersville nest Updated: Mar-03-14 10:35 am
- Fire damages Ellsworth bird sanctuary building Updated: Mar-03-14 7:50 am
- Age-old indicators under stress in high Bolivia Updated: Mar-03-14 3:43 am
- Volunteers count hundreds of eagles in N. Wyoming Updated: Mar-02-14 3:19 pm
- Bridge repair could advance, despite bald eagles Updated: Mar-02-14 2:16 pm
- Waterbirds having tough winter in Michigan Updated: Mar-01-14 12:11 pm
- Shelter provides sanctuary for parrots in Ohio Updated: Mar-01-14 11:11 am
- NY swans targeted for eradication get reprieve Updated: Mar-01-14 9:47 am
- Alcoa eagles welcome 2nd egg to Riverdale nest Updated: Feb-28-14 5:59 pm
- Eagles delay Longmont-area bridge construction Updated: Feb-28-14 3:47 pm
- NH tops one-day record for bald eagle sightings Updated: Feb-28-14 9:34 am
CARTERVILLE, Illinois - One injured owl changed Beverly Shoftstall's life.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans are seeking to compel the Obama administration to turn over uncensored, internal documents related to its enforcement of environmental laws at wind farms where eagles and other protected birds have been killed.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Information about the shooting of two endangered whooping cranes in Jefferson Davis Parish could be worth $20,000.
PRICE, Utah - Two golden eagles have been released back into the wild in Utah after months of rehabilitation.
MADISON, Indiana - Dick Davis, who has been with Clifty Falls for more than 34 years, will retire March 29.
QUINCY, Illinois - A bald eagle that was found injured in a west-central Illinois trap last month is free again.
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - The carcasses of dead bald and golden eagles found in Nebraska are collected and recycled, so Native Americans can use them for religious purposes.
CHARLOTTE, Vermont - Thousands of water birds that normally spread out across Lake Champlain are seeking refuge in the channels left by two ferry routes that carry passengers between Vermont and New York during this bitterly cold winter.
ROSEVILLE, Minnesota - This year's deep snow and extreme cold have taken a toll on Minnesota wildlife - especially swans and other waterfowl that can't find open water on the state's many frozen lakes.
MISSOULA, Montana - Workers in Missoula have made a high-profile osprey nest atop a pole next to a baseball park goose-proof in an effort to avoid the kind of drama that developed last spring.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Audubon Society says volunteers counted a record number of American bald eagles during an annual midwinter survey.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Midwest weather hasn't felt much like spring the past two weeks but the big pelicans on a pair of southern Illinois lakes are nonetheless headed north after leaving winter homes on the Gulf of Mexico.
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Proposed legislation that would place new restrictions on commercial pet breeding in Iowa would put many breeders in the state out of business, according to critics of the measure.
BILLINGS, Montana - A Montana judge on Tuesday kept a temporary injunction in place against a California utility as it attempts to cancel a contract with a wind farm south of the Canadian border because it could threaten a nearby cluster of golden eagles, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama - Bird watchers are flocking to Lake Guntersville to get a glimpse of two baby eagles in their nest.
ELLSWORTH, Maine - Officials say a fire has caused significant damage to an Ellsworth bird sanctuary, but no animals are believed harmed.
CUTUSUMA, Bolivia - For centuries, farmers in the fragile ecosystems of the high Andes have looked to the behavior of plants and animals to figure out what crops to grow and when.
CASPER, Wyoming - Wildlife officials say bald eagle numbers increased and golden eagle numbers decreased slightly during the annual midwinter bald eagle survey in the Powder River Basin.
LONGMONT, Colorado - Wildlife officials say Boulder County probably won't have to delay the multimillion-dollar replacement of a bridge near Longmont because of the presence of nesting bald eagles in the area, despite what local officials have said.
PLAINWELL, Michigan - People aren't the only ones suffering through Michigan's record-breaking winter.
EAST CANTON, Ohio - A deafening screech can be heard in every room at the Bird Nerds Rescue and Sanctuary.
ALBANY, New York - After public protests, New York officials have backed off a plan to eradicate 2,200 wild swans that had been labeled pests.
RIVERDALE, Iowa - Two of the world's most-watched eagles have welcomed a second egg to their nest.
LONGMONT, Colorado - Nesting bald eagles have prompted the delay of a bridge rebuilding project near Longmont while local officials try to comply with federal regulations protecting endangered species.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state's bald eagle population has almost fully recovered from the lows of the 1970s, according to New Hampshire wildlife experts.