- Singer Chris Brown's battery case in Las Vegas dropped Updated: May-05-15 3:42 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities are dropping the Las Vegas battery case against singer Chris Brown.
- Foxx says anthem performance was not 'a sin against America' Updated: May-05-15 1:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jamie Foxx is defending his national anthem performance at the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight against online criticism.
- Challenged by 'Going Clear,' another test awaits Tom Cruise Updated: May-05-15 12:29 pm
NEW YORK - When Janeane Garofalo asked Brad Bird, the director of "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol," about Tom Cruise at a recent Tribeca Film Festival event, she peppered Bird with allusions to the Scientology documentary "Going Clear." Bird called it "a very inside reference," but Garofalo quickly disagreed.
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show to avoid stirring tensions Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Lauryn Hill is canceling a planned performance in Tel Aviv because she wasn't able to also schedule a concert in the nearby Palestinian city of Ramallah.
- Queen Elizabeth II meets latest addition to family Updated: May-05-15 10:55 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II has arrived at Kensington Palace to meet three-day-old Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
- Miley Cyrus on Bruce Jenner, pink armpits, her new charity Updated: May-05-15 10:50 am
LOS ANGELES - When Miley Cyrus wears pasties or posts photos of her pink armpits, it's not to be a provocateur. The 22-year-old says she's just being herself, and she wants all young people to have that same opportunity.
- Mariah Carey to sing at Billboard awards after 17-year break Updated: May-05-15 10:20 am
LOS ANGELES - Mariah Carey is set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards for the first time in 17 years, but the pop superstar is keeping mum on what song she'll sing.
- Prosecutors dismiss charges against NFL player McClain Updated: May-05-15 9:18 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Alabama prosecutors are dismissing charges against NFL linebacker Rolando McClain stemming from his arrest in a park in his hometown in 2013.
- Image of Asia: Chanel pays homage in Korean fashion show Updated: May-05-15 9:01 am
In this photo by Ahn Young-joon, Chanel head designer Karl Lagerfeld walks the runway with South Korean model Soo Joo Park and godson Hudson Kroenig after the presentation of his 2015-2016 Chanel cruise collection in Seoul. The collection paid homage to the host country, blending modernity and tradition. "Modern, international version of a typical Korean mood, how we see it for the modern 21st century but with inspiration from the past because I love the traditional Korean clothes, materials, patterns and all that. But it had to be made in a modern way because you can get cheap copies of the real one in any market. The real antique ones nobody can touch," said Lagerfeld. The collection looked to Chanel's past with monochromatic black and white but with the modern twist of bolero jackets over long shorts. Some pieces were inspired by the Korean hanbok, a traditional dress that was updated with a sequined skirt or broach. The show in Seoul was attended by several Korean celebrities such as actor and singer Choi Si-Won and actress and singer Im Yoona, as well as model Gisele Bundchen and actresses Kristen Stewart and Tilda Swinton.
- Thailand's 87-year-old king makes rare public appearance Updated: May-05-15 6:22 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej made a rare public appearance Tuesday to mark the 65th anniversary of his coronation.
- Beyonce shuts down the Met Gala in peekaboo Givenchy Updated: May-05-15 3:11 am
NEW YORK - Rihanna shut down the Met Gala's red carpet in a regal yellow coat. And then came Bey.
- Man who shipped guns to ex-NFLer Hernandez to be sentenced Updated: May-05-15 1:20 am
BOSTON - A man who shipped guns to former New England Patriots player and convicted killer Aaron Hernandez is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday in federal court in Boston.
- Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to indifference' Updated: May-04-15 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - In a deeply personal response to outbreaks of racially motivated protests, President Barack Obama on Monday blamed a lack of opportunity in minority communities and harsher treatment of black and Hispanic men by police for fueling a sense of "unfairness and powerlessness."
- 49ers Bruce Miller charged with vandalism, not domestic case Updated: May-04-15 9:32 pm
- Man charged with stealing Elton John's glasses from museum Updated: May-04-15 7:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A man who police say took Elton John's heart-shaped glasses from a museum display in Memphis has been indicted on a felony theft charge.
- China-inspired couture on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Anna Wintour wore an orange floral couture look from Chanel as she walked up the grand staircase at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to kick off the gala that raises millions for her museum namesake: the Anna Wintour Costume Center.
- Lawyer says Joni Mitchell may be released from hospital soon Updated: May-04-15 5:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Folk singer Joni Mitchell may be released from the hospital soon but still cannot confer with doctors about her medical care or long-term treatment, an attorney told a judge on Monday.
- Melissa Rivers lauds and laughs in 'The Book of Joan' Updated: May-04-15 3:06 pm
"The Book of Joan" (Crown), by Melissa Rivers
- Funny lady: Madeline Kahn biography looks beyond the laughs Updated: May-04-15 2:25 pm
"Madeline Kahn: Being the Music, A Life" (University Press of Mississippi), by William V. Madison
- Derek Hough says he's being careful after 'Dancing' injuries Updated: May-04-15 11:44 am
NEW YORK - Derek Hough, who was recently injured while rehearsing a dance routine, says it's not in his nature to take it easy.
- Britain's new princess can't expect fairy-tale life Updated: May-04-15 10:20 am
LONDON - William and Kate's new daughter is the first British princess who won't face royal discrimination because she's a girl, but that doesn't mean her life will be a fairy tale.
- Garrison Keillor plans 30-city tour this summer Updated: May-04-15 5:04 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Garrison Keillor hits the road this summer to celebrate the 41st anniversary of his radio variety show "A Prairie Home Companion."
- 'Star Trek' actress Grace Lee Whitney dies at 85 Updated: May-04-15 4:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Grace Lee Whitney, who played Captain Kirk's assistant on the original "Star Trek" series, has died. She was 85.
- New Orleans wraps up Jazz Fest with raucous performances Updated: May-03-15 9:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Raucous performances by New Orleans hometown hero Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, rocker Lenny Kravitz and rising country star Kacey Musgraves closed out the 2015 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on Sunday.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.