- Minn. officials highlights mental illness in jails Updated: Dec-10-13 6:46 pm
- IRS nominee on track for approval despite acrimony Updated: Dec-10-13 4:15 pm
- Congressional subcommittee weighs online gambling Updated: Dec-10-13 2:20 pm
- Missouri's Boeing incentives could total $1.7B Updated: Dec-03-13 9:23 pm
- Congress to hear testimony DC height restrictions Updated: Dec-02-13 3:19 am
- Hearing focuses on health care in rural Georgia Updated: Nov-25-13 5:50 pm
- House committee plans Georgia hearing Monday Updated: Nov-24-13 6:14 am
- LePage, Democrats spar over committee hearings Updated: Nov-17-13 1:13 pm
- Okla. AG to appeal regional haze lawsuit ruling Updated: Nov-14-13 2:52 pm
- Latest health law review overseen by Minn.'s Kline Updated: Nov-14-13 11:01 am
- US economy still subpar, Yellen says in testimony Updated: Nov-14-13 12:06 am
- Lawmakers hold hearing on UConn sex assault issue Updated: Nov-13-13 9:58 pm
- State senators hearing about flood insurance hikes Updated: Nov-12-13 8:02 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's local jails are badly overburdened by mentally ill inmates who don't have access to the kind of treatment they need, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to head the Internal Revenue Service told senators Tuesday he will work to restore public trust in the agency in the wake of the tea party scandal even as the IRS takes on new responsibilities administering the president's health care law.
LAS VEGAS - Organizations and advocates on all sides of the online gambling debate are cheering a Congressional hearing on the state of online gambling.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri senators hoping to land production of a new Boeing airplane were set to begin debate Wednesday on a package of incentives valued at up to $1.7 billion over two decades.
WASHINGTON - A House committee will hear testimony on whether century-old restrictions on building heights in the nation's capital should be relaxed.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Emma Collins, a licensed massage therapist from Ellijay, was hopeful about the new federal health care law after struggling in recent years to find insurance coverage because her artificial heart valve is considered a pre-existing condition.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is planning a hearing Monday in Gainesville, Georgia, concerning the federal health care law.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The legislative session hasn't started yet, but tensions are already running high between Gov. Paul LePage and Democratic lawmakers in Augusta.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the state's lawsuit challenging the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's rules regarding regional haze, state Attorney General Scott Pruitt told a congressional committee in Washington on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Republican Rep. John Kline is warning of hardship on the nation's classrooms as they adjust to the new health care law.
WASHINGTON - Janet Yellen says the economy has regained ground lost to the deepest recession since the 1930s. But she says unemployment remains too high at 7.3 percent and notes that the Fed is still trying to accelerate the economy's recovery.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Four women who say they were sexually assaulted as University of Connecticut students told state lawmakers Wednesday that they were further traumatized by the school's lack of support and called on the university to change its approach to sexual violence.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Coastal homeowners who are paying higher premiums for wind and flood insurance are getting a chance to vent with state senators.