- Legislative hearing on Chicago casino underway Updated: Apr-16-14 12:23 pm
- Ill. House panel plans daylong gambling hearing Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- Senators vying for higher posts spar in hearing Updated: Apr-14-14 7:13 pm
- Citizens can weigh in Monday on outdoors issues Updated: Apr-12-14 6:46 pm
- Senate panel's medical pot hearing to be continued Updated: Apr-10-14 4:26 pm
- False expert testimony could trigger a new trial Updated: Apr-10-14 4:08 pm
- Senate committee orders review of 'Cuban Twitter' Updated: Apr-10-14 2:22 pm
- House panel votes to hold IRS official in contempt Updated: Apr-10-14 2:01 pm
- State officials cancel legislative hearing again Updated: Apr-10-14 10:31 am
- Head of German NSA inquiry quits over Snowden row Updated: Apr-09-14 6:43 am
- Session on confirmations pushed back Updated: Apr-08-14 7:04 am
- Maryland lawmakers pass minimum wage increase Updated: Apr-08-14 12:53 am
- Minnesota Senate panel backs $77M Senate building Updated: Apr-07-14 8:22 pm
- Illinois House OKs IHSA hearings Updated: Apr-07-14 8:02 pm
- Confirmation hearings set for Chafee nominees Updated: Apr-07-14 4:35 pm
- Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud appears in court Updated: Apr-07-14 12:11 pm
- Conservation Congress hearings set for April 14 Updated: Apr-04-14 5:09 am
- 'Cuban Twitter' heads to hearings in Congress Updated: Apr-04-14 3:25 am
- Lawmakers accuse GM of possible criminal cover-up Updated: Apr-02-14 3:20 pm
- Senate panel passes bill to cut Okla. income taxes Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 pm
- Auto safety chief says GM didn't share key data Updated: Mar-31-14 4:06 pm
- Hearing set for bill on Conn. child guardians Updated: Mar-31-14 4:04 am
- 5 things ahead this week in the Hawaii Legislature Updated: Mar-30-14 9:08 am
- Hearing reset in case of attack on lawmaker's wife Updated: Mar-28-14 6:10 am
- Initiative hearings, securities things to watch Updated: Mar-22-14 8:21 pm
CHICAGO - Anti-gambling advocates say plans calling for more casinos in Illinois will incur social costs.
CHICAGO - An Illinois House committee is planning a daylong hearing on gambling expansion in the state.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Senate panel's discussion about how best to overhaul the curriculum and testing procedures for Texas high schools at times felt like a political debate Monday, as a gubernatorial hopeful and two candidates for lieutenant governor shared the spotlight.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Residents in all 72 Wisconsin counties will get a chance to weigh in Monday on issues ranging from whether to allow the hunting of tundra swans to whether hunters should be allowed to venture onto private land to retrieve a hunting dog.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Medical marijuana has not yet been snuffed out in Minnesota.
SACRAMENTO, California - False or outdated testimony from an expert witness could be enough to overturn a conviction and trigger a new trial, under a bill approved by the state Senate on Thursday that counters a ruling by the California Supreme Court.
WASHINGTON - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked the U.S. Agency for International Development on Thursday to turn over all records about the Obama administration's secret Cuban twitter program as part of a broader review of the agency's civil-society efforts worldwide.
WASHINGTON - A House Committee voted Thursday to hold a former Internal Revenue Service official in contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions at a pair of hearings.
DES MOINES, Iowa - For the second consecutive day officials in the Iowa Department of Administrative Services have told legislators investigating use of state money to pay former workers for silence they wouldn't appear to answer questions.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Legislature has pushed to April 17 a joint session to consider confirmation of appointments.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly gave final approval to incremental increases in the state's minimum wage over several years to $10.10 in 2018 and to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana possession, as the final regular legislative session of Gov. Martin O'Malley's tenure ended Monday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A plan to construct a $77 million building to house Minnesota's 67 state senators is moving forward after the Senate Rules Committee approved the proposal on Monday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has narrowly approved legislative hearings looking into how the Illinois High School Association operates.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state Senate panel is holding confirmation hearings on several nominees to the Rhode Island Commerce Corp. and the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission.
CINCINNATI - A southwestern Ohio lawmaker was in court Monday on charges that he misled investors about a company's financial status and used their money for personal gain
MADISON, Wisconsin - Outdoor lovers will get a chance to sound off on a host of issues later this month at the Conservation Congress' annual spring hearings.
WASHINGTON - The head of the U.S. government agency that secretly created a "Cuban Twitter" communications network designed to undermine the communist government in Cuba is expected to testify next week before a senator who thinks the whole idea was "dumb, dumb, dumb." The congressional hearing could resolve key questions around the clandestine program, including whether the Obama administration adequately informed lawmakers about its plans.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers on Capitol Hill accused General Motors of a potentially criminal cover-up of its defective ignition switches and fumed at the lack of answers from its new CEO during a second day of hearings Wednesday into why GM waited a decade to recall cars with the deadly flaw.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A plan to cut Oklahoma's corporate and individual income tax rates once revenue benchmarks are reached passed a Senate committee on Tuesday, although it's likely the plan will undergo additional changes.
WASHINGTON - A federal safety regulator says General Motors didn't share key information that might have led to a faster recall of small cars.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A state legislative committee has scheduled a public hearing on a bill prompted by complaints from parents involved in contentious child custody cases.
HONOLULU - Lawmakers in Hawaii have been pushing and prodding hundreds of bills through the Legislature, and this week is no exception, as the Legislature enters the final month of the session.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A hearing for a Charlottesville woman charged with assaulting the wife of Virginia House Minority Leader David J. Toscano has been rescheduled.
JUNEAU, Alaska - With the regular session down to its last month and legislative leaders still hoping to finish up early, major issues remain unresolved.