- Cardiologist details troubles at Chicago-area VA hospital Updated: Jul-31-15 10:38 am
CHICAGO - A cardiologist who worked at a Chicago-area Veterans Affairs hospital says the facility had a yearlong backlog of unread heart tests.
- Texas trooper's boss says he had reason to stop Sandra Bland Updated: Jul-30-15 8:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The top boss over the Texas trooper who arrested Sandra Bland said there was reason to pull her over for failing to signal a lane change and told lawmakers Thursday that the trooper remains on the state payroll because the investigation is still playing out.
- Lawmakers to hold hearings on juvenile detention conditions Updated: Jul-28-15 6:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislative leaders say they want the General Assembly to hold hearings about the conditions and practices at the state's juvenile detention facilities.
- The Latest: Kerry's nuke deal testimony translated in Iran Updated: Jul-28-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments on Obama administration officials' testimony Tuesday before Congress on the Iran nuclear deal (all times local EDT):
- Massachusetts lawmakers to hold hearing on health bills Updated: Jul-26-15 11:07 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have scheduled a public hearing this week on a slew of public health bills.
- Kerry: Agreement on Iran issue only alternative to force Updated: Jul-24-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that if Congress disapproves of the Iranian nuclear deal, it will undermine President Barack Obama's ability to act throughout the world.
- Illinois Senate panel holds hearing on higher education pay Updated: Jul-20-15 6:11 pm
CHICAGO - From tracking administrator pay to professional development for board members, a state Senate panel heard testimony Monday on legislation proposed in the wake of questionable spending, investment and severance practices at a suburban Chicago community college.
- ISIS insight? Tillis opts for Cheney, not Pentagon chiefs Updated: Jul-15-15 3:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Freshman Republican Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina missed a hearing last week with senior Pentagon leaders on the threat of Islamic State militants and instead privately got insights on the group from former Vice President Dick Cheney.
- Maine high school track star to testify before Senate panel Updated: Jul-15-15 4:38 am
CASCO, Maine - A record-breaking long jumper from Maine is heading to Washington to talk to senators about what it's like to live with diabetes.
- Lawmakers to hold hearing on tobacco, marijuana bills Updated: Jul-12-15 11:24 am
BOSTON - Legislation aimed at tobacco and marijuana use in Massachusetts is the subject of a public hearing at the Statehouse this week.
- USDA prepares for possible return of bird flu this fall Updated: Jul-07-15 9:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two top veterinary officials with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and farmers affected by the bird flu outbreak said Tuesday it will take increased surveillance, improved farm security and more money to fight off a possible fall return of the disease that devastated chicken and turkey flocks.