- Tornado, damaged buildings reported in Kenner, Louisiana Updated: May-26-15 7:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A tornado with winds of 110 mph damaged several buildings in Kenner early Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service.
- Arkansans lose power after series of storms Updated: May-26-15 3:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Nearly 9,000 Arkansans are still without power after strong winds and thunderstorms swept through the state.
- 6 rescued from roller coaster after outage left them stuck Updated: May-24-15 10:36 pm
ANDERSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio - Six people, including three children, had to be rescued from a roller coaster in Ohio after a power outage left them stuck.
- Thousands lose power in Louisiana, Mississippi, storms Updated: May-24-15 6:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Thunderstorms have knocked out power to about 4,400 homes and businesses in Louisiana and 3,900 in Mississippi.
- Guests escorted off rides at Cedar Point after power outage Updated: May-21-15 6:20 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Officials at Cedar Point say guests had to be escorted off of rides following an afternoon power outage at the northeast Ohio amusement park along Lake Erie.
- Squirrel knocks out power to homes, school in Pennsylvania Updated: May-20-15 10:22 am
COLUMBIA, Pennsylvania - Officials say a power outage that affected 2,471 people and forced an elementary school to close in southeastern Pennsylvania was caused by a squirrel.
- Crews fix Huntsville-area power outage Updated: May-16-15 1:02 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Utility crews worked Saturday to repair a power outage near Huntsville caused by a fallen tree.
- Residents clean up after typhoon pelts Guam with winds, rain Updated: May-16-15 6:01 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam is cleaning up after a powerful Pacific typhoon hammered the U.S. territory with high winds, rain and large waves.
- Power pole fire leads to outage in Great Falls Updated: May-14-15 2:20 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A fire on a major power pole in Great Falls has led to a power outage at about 50 businesses in the northern part of the city.
- Power outage affected 9,800 Las Vegas area customers Updated: May-12-15 5:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - NV Energy says failure of equipment in the agency's substation is to blame for a morning power outage affecting about 9,800 customers at one time, including many in southwest Las Vegas.
- 7,000 without power, some schools closed after W. Pa. storms Updated: May-12-15 7:44 am
PITTSBURGH - Powerful storms have swept through western Pennsylvania, knocking out power to thousands of homes and closing several schools.
- Metro Center reopens after power outage, smoke Updated: May-12-15 7:29 am
WASHINGTON - The Metro Center station has reopened after a power outage and smoke in the tunnel closed the station for several hours overnight.
- Thousands without power in Ohio following severe storms Updated: May-12-15 6:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Thousands in Ohio remained without power after severe storms pushed through the state.
- Power outage forces restoration of ice for Blackhawks-Wild Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
- Fort Knox to show off energy independence at ceremony Updated: May-04-15 5:05 am
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - Fort Knox will display its ability to operate without external power during a ceremony this week, an achievement expected to save the post $8 million a year and prompted by a crippling ice storm a few years ago.
- Saturday night power outage in Las Cruces caused by balloon Updated: May-03-15 12:25 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Utility crews say a mylar balloon was responsible for an hour-long power outage Saturday night that affected thousands of Las Cruces residents.
- Filipinos urged to turn off appliances during Pacquiao fight Updated: May-01-15 8:56 am
MANILA, Philippines - An officer at a Philippine electric company has urged customers to turn off major appliances to help prevent outages that have recently plagued his province so people can watch the much-awaited fight between Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.
- Fire at power plant leaves Emmonak in dark Updated: Apr-29-15 11:13 am
BETHEL, Alaska - A fire at a local power plant kept Emmonak residents without power Tuesday morning.