- Strong winds blamed for 2 deaths in Seattle area Updated: Aug-29-15 9:14 pm
SEATTLE - Powerful winds toppled trees and power lines across the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, causing two deaths in the Seattle area and knocking out electricity to nearly 500,000 customers.
- Power restored to 15,000 in Albuquerque following car crash Updated: Aug-28-15 3:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say a power outage that left more than 15,000 customers without electricity for about three hours was caused by a car crashing into a utility pole.
- Smoking Long Beach vault briefly leaves thousands powerless Updated: Aug-27-15 9:53 pm
LONG BEACH, California - The latest in a series of electrical vault problems briefly left thousands without power in Long Beach.
- Strong storm causes flooding in San Juan County Updated: Aug-27-15 10:41 am
AZTEC, New Mexico - Some homes remain without power Thursday, the morning after an intense thunderstorm downed trees and flooded roadways in San Juan County
- Lightning strikes blamed for refinery, tank fires in Texas Updated: Aug-20-15 4:59 pm
HOUSTON - Lightning has been blamed for a refinery fire near Houston and an oil tank blaze along the Gulf of Mexico as storms cut power and flooded some roads.
- Power outage cancels Maine concert at site of hayride death Updated: Aug-16-15 11:01 am
MECHANIC FALLS, Maine - A concert at a Maine farm that was the scene of a hayride fatality last fall was cut short by a power outage.
- Fire burns hundreds of acres of land west of Bismarck Updated: Aug-16-15 8:53 am
NEW SALEM, North Dakota - Authorities say a fire has burned hundreds of acres of land in central North Dakota.
- Generator outages prompt ERCOT electricity demand cut appeal Updated: Aug-13-15 8:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - No rolling blackouts were needed after managers of the state's biggest electrical grid issued a conservation alert.
- Power to be restored for thousands of residents after storm Updated: Aug-13-15 1:32 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Thousands of residents in Missoula were still without electricity Wednesday after a Monday night windstorm caused a power outage.
- Wind from Missoula thunderstorm takes out trees, power lines Updated: Aug-11-15 5:59 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Thunderstorms that blew through the Missoula area Monday night downed trees, damaged buildings, knocked out electricity and sparked some fires.
- Early morning storm in Topeka leaves thousands without power Updated: Aug-08-15 11:32 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A thunderstorm that moved through Topeka early Saturday has left thousands without power.
- Passengers escorted off disabled train at Phoenix airport Updated: Aug-07-15 2:25 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say an aerial train at the main airport in Phoenix was disabled due to a power outage, resulting in firefighters escorting dozens of passengers along a walkway to a nearby station.
- Pakistan mob attacks power station in NW, cuts off supply Updated: Aug-07-15 12:31 pm
ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani government minister says a mob angered by long, rolling blackouts in the country's northwest stormed a power station in the area and cut electricity to several towns and a famous tourist resort popular with local and foreign tourists.
- Obama declares disaster for typhoon-devastated Saipan Updated: Aug-06-15 5:23 pm
HONOLULU - President Barack Obama has declared the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands a disaster area and is ordering federal aid to help the U.S. territory in the aftermath of a destructive typhoon.
- Power restored to 96 percent of PSEG Long Island customers Updated: Aug-06-15 5:34 am
MINEOLA, New York - PSEG Long Island says it has restored power to nearly 96 percent of customers who lost electricity during a storm this week.
- Flash floods kill 4, including 3 children, in Macedonia Updated: Aug-04-15 10:40 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Flash floods in Macedonia have killed at least four people, including three children, and injured a dozen others, and caused landslides, power outages and road damage in the northwest of the country, officials said Tuesday.
- Power restored at GM headquarters, other Detroit buildings Updated: Aug-03-15 6:54 pm
DETROIT - Power has been restored at the Detroit Renaissance Center, which includes the headquarters of General Motors.
- Monsoon storm topples some power lines in Apache Junction Updated: Jul-31-15 7:38 pm
APACHE JUNCTION, Arizona - Strong winds from a monsoon storm have topped some power lines in Apache Junction, leaving thousands of residents temporarily without electricity.