- Storm causes scattered outages in northern Indiana Updated: Mar-12-14 11:16 am
- Winter storm dumps heavy, wet snow on Illinois Updated: Mar-12-14 9:20 am
- More winter weather possible in NC mountains Updated: Mar-12-14 8:13 am
- Cold snap knocks Texas electric generators offline Updated: Mar-11-14 9:25 pm
- Greensboro food pantries expecting bare shelves Updated: Mar-11-14 4:29 pm
- More than 17,000 still without power in NC Updated: Mar-11-14 6:55 am
- NY nuclear plant back online after power outage Updated: Mar-10-14 4:13 pm
- NC power outages at about 78,000 after storm Updated: Mar-09-14 6:17 pm
- Lights go out in ACC tournament 2nd-round game Updated: Mar-06-14 11:21 pm
- Some DC residents advised to boil drinking water Updated: Mar-05-14 6:58 pm
- Haley seeks storm disaster declaration for SC Updated: Mar-05-14 3:03 pm
- Eastern Arkansas hit hard by power outages Updated: Mar-03-14 5:44 pm
- Winter storm brings icy roads, accidents to Tenn. Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 pm
- Phoenix, parts of Arizona battered by weekend rain Updated: Mar-02-14 5:44 pm
- Fallen tree, not gunshot, caused NH power outage Updated: Feb-25-14 6:17 am
- 3K people in NH lose power after shots are fired Updated: Feb-24-14 10:32 am
- Power finally back for all SC electric customers Updated: Feb-22-14 10:17 am
- Ameren restores power to most in eastern Mo. Updated: Feb-21-14 5:52 pm
- Xcel Energy making progress restoring power Updated: Feb-21-14 5:14 pm
- 2 NH ski areas closed, due to outage, weather Updated: Feb-21-14 11:58 am
- Power to go out for 12 hours at Kaneohe base Updated: Feb-21-14 8:04 am
- Power restored after Illinois storms Updated: Feb-21-14 6:58 am
- Power slowly returning in SC; 7,500 outages remain Updated: Feb-19-14 12:04 pm
- Lansing utility releases review of storm response Updated: Feb-19-14 6:25 am
- Email down for many in Iowa Capitol on Tuesday Updated: Feb-18-14 5:57 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The heavy snowfall in northern Indiana has caused numerous power outages scattered across in the area.
CHICAGO - A late winter storm dumped more than 5 inches of snow in the Chicago area, causing power outages and headaches for commuters.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for portions of the mountains of western North Carolina.
AUSTIN, Texas - January's polar vortex knocked several important coal-fired electricity plants in Texas offline, and the Sierra Club on Tuesday said the loss of power shows the state needs more wind turbines and energy conservation programs to avoid possible rolling blackouts.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Food pantries in the Greensboro area expect their supplies to run out after more than 100,000 went without power in Guilford County because of a winter storm.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More than 17,000 North Carolina customers are still without electricity after last week's winter storm.
SCRIBA, New York - Constellation Energy says its Nine Mile Point 2 nuclear power plant on Lake Ontario in central New York is back in service after being shut down last week by a problem with a power supply.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - About 78,000 customers remain without power as North Carolina continues to recover from a winter storm that dumped snow, sleet and up to a half-inch of ice in some areas.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A power outage caused a more than 20-minute delay in Thursday night's game between No. 13 North Carolina and Wake Forest in the second round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
WASHINGTON - Washington's Water and Sewer Authority is advising that residents who are having low water pressure boil water for drinking and cooking.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has asked President Barack Obama to declare almost half of South Carolina a federal disaster after last month's winter storm that caused at least $430 million in damage and left hundreds of thousands in the dark.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' largest utility says it has reduced the number of power outages to below 16,000 following a winter storm that hit the state.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A powerful winter storm pounded parts of Tennessee with snow and ice on Monday, causing hundreds of traffic accidents on slick roads and leaving thousands without power.
PHOENIX - A weekend storm system that drenched Phoenix tapered off Sunday, but not without leaving damage in its wake.
NORTH CONWAY, New Hampshire - A power company spokesman says a brief power outage in the North Conway area wasn't the work of vandals after all.
NORTH CONWAY, New Hampshire - A spokesman for a power company says a brief power outage Sunday in the North Conway area was caused when vandals shot at insulators on power poles.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The power is finally back on for everyone in South Carolina after the ice storm 10 days ago.
ST. LOUIS - Ameren Missouri says it has restored power to nearly all of the roughly 67,000 customers who lost electricity during strong storms and high winds.
MINNEAPOLIS - Xcel Energy crews are making good progress restoring electricity to Minnesota and Wisconsin customers who lost power after a severe winter storm.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Two ski areas in New Hampshire have closed for the day, one because of a power outage, and the other due to bad weather.
KANEOHE BAY, Hawaii - The power will be turned off for 12 hours at the Marine base in Kaneohe Bay this weekend to allow authorities to assess an existing electrical high voltage system.
PEORIA, Illinois - Utilities in Illinois say power is mostly restored, a day after strong storms raked the state.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The slow process of restoring power to South Carolinians left in the dark by last week's winter storm continues.
LANSING, Michigan - The Lansing Board of Water & Light says it couldn't anticipate the damage caused by a December ice storm that left some customers without power for more than a week.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Email and Internet service has been down for many state government workers in the Capitol, including Gov. Terry Branstad.