- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 5:55 pm
- Former gov't informant charged with wire fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 5:25 pm
- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 4:49 pm
- In Egypt, a corruption watchdog hit by backlash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:10 pm
- Revised fraud case against ex-leader of NY Senate Updated: Apr-18-14 12:26 pm
- Judge: Ex-gov can't keep filings from prosecutors Updated: Apr-17-14 4:45 pm
- NH senate votes to repeal the crime of adultery Updated: Apr-17-14 3:56 pm
- GOP leader's ethics hearing set for Wednesday Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- Turkey increases spy agency's powers Updated: Apr-17-14 2:26 pm
- Indiana mayor pleads not guilty to fraud charges Updated: Apr-17-14 2:25 pm
- Ex-Senegalese president's son to face graft trial Updated: Apr-17-14 2:14 pm
- Chairman of China conglomerate being investigated Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 am
- Grand jury indicts NW Ind. mayor, wife, ex-worker Updated: Apr-16-14 8:04 pm
- Mexico arrests mayor for drug cartel extortion Updated: Apr-16-14 3:40 pm
- Judge asked to allow use of lawmaker's statements Updated: Apr-16-14 1:33 pm
- Metra files reveal years of political patronage Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 pm
- Montreal mayor looks to NYC for anti-graft advice Updated: Apr-15-14 11:46 pm
- Court: Man can seek office despite conviction Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- W.Va. mayor accused of lying to US agent Updated: Apr-15-14 5:38 pm
- Williamson mayor to step down April 30 Updated: Apr-15-14 10:05 am
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records Updated: Apr-14-14 9:31 pm
- House approves ethics reform Updated: Apr-14-14 8:19 pm
- Panel dismisses Hickenlooper ethics complaint Updated: Apr-14-14 7:21 pm
- Mo. Senate sets aside debate on ethics legislation Updated: Apr-14-14 6:38 pm
- Davis: Senate votes didn't conflict with clients Updated: Apr-13-14 2:22 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
CHICAGO - A Chicago real estate developer who was a key government witness in corruption cases is facing federal charges after authorities say he stole $370,000 from a Chicago suburb.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
CAIRO - Hesham Genena has created uproar by trying to actually do his job. The head of one of Egypt's foremost government oversight agencies, he says he has uncovered billions of dollars-worth of corruption, involving some of the country's most untouchable institutions, including the police, intelligence agencies, and the judiciary.
ALBANY, New York - When the former leader of New York's Senate goes to trial next month for the second time, he'll stand accused of only two charges under a revised fraud case alleging he took actual bribes or kickbacks.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A judge says former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell can keep some court filings from the public, but not from prosecutors in his public corruption case.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Senate is sending a bill to the governor's desk that repeals the crime of adultery.
INDIANAPOLIS - The House Ethics Committee has scheduled a hearing to decide whether a powerful House Republican violated ethics rules by lobbying against a measure that would have cost him and others millions of dollars in potential profits.
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's parliament on Thursday approved a bill that increases the powers and immunities of the country's spy agency. It's the latest in a string of moves that critics say is undermining the country's democracy.
HAMMOND, Indiana - A northwestern Indiana mayor pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal charges that he and his wife took more than $18,000 from his campaign account at the same time they had big casino gambling losses.
DAKAR, Senegal - An official says the son of Senegal's former president will be tried for illicit enrichment following an investigation into how he amassed his multimillion-dollar fortune.
BEIJING - China's ruling Communist Party says the chairman of a massive state-owned conglomerate is being investigated on suspicion of corruption, nine months after the government audited the company.
LAKE STATION, Indiana - Prosecutors say a federal grand jury has indicted a northwestern Indiana mayor, his wife and a former city employee on corruption charges.
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in western Mexico arrested the mayor of a city that once served as a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel on charges that he helped the gang extort money from city council members.
CHICAGO - Prosecutors want to be able to tell jurors about potentially damaging comments state Rep. Derrick Smith made to authorities as they questioned him about allegedly taking a bribe, though a federal judge said Tuesday she would rule on the matter later.
CHICAGO - Files documenting a lengthy history of political patronage hiring at the Chicago area's Metra commuter rail agency reveal that some of Illinois' most well-known politicians routinely recommended job candidates.
NEW YORK - Montreal's mayor sought to convince Manhattan business leaders Tuesday that his administration is moving past the corruption scandals that brought down his two predecessors and have become the "elephant in the room" when trying to lure investment to Canada's second largest city.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A split Iowa Supreme Court issued a ruling Tuesday that allows a Des Moines man to run for state Senate and affirms that second-offense drunken driving is not an infamous crime as defined by the Iowa Constitution.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The government says Williamson Mayor Darrin McCormick has been charged with lying to a federal agent.
WILLIAMSON, West Virginia - Williamson Mayor Darrin McCormick is stepping down at the end of the month.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Public officials' text messages about government business are public records, the Mississippi Ethics Commission says.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House lawmakers overwhelmingly approved sweeping changes to the Legislative Ethics Commission on Monday in an attempt to quell the political storm that erupted last week after the panel did not punish a former lawmaker accused of sexual harassment.
DENVER - Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper did not violate the state's gift ban or improperly use staff time for a partisan governor's conference, a Colorado ethics panel ruled Monday.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has temporarily set aside debate on ethics legislation that would curb lobbying.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis voted for bills in the Texas Senate that affected her clients and sought federal money while in office for a transportation project being handled by her Fort Worth law firm, a newspaper reported Sunday.