- Lawmakers to release final report of AG probe Updated: Mar-12-14 5:06 am
- CIA lawyer at center of computer snooping clash Updated: Mar-12-14 3:22 am
- Key figure in NJ scandal surfaces for hearing Updated: Mar-12-14 2:26 am
- Group: China might play down political crime cases Updated: Mar-12-14 1:52 am
- Despite scandal, DC mayor makes pitch for 2nd term Updated: Mar-11-14 8:45 pm
- 4-year bribery sentence upheld for Ohio contractor Updated: Mar-11-14 2:28 pm
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case Updated: Mar-11-14 2:10 pm
- Mayor resigns following misconduct conviction Updated: Mar-11-14 12:25 pm
- Prosecutors oppose McDonnell bid for more details Updated: Mar-11-14 11:25 am
- Prosecutors oppose McDonnell bid for more details Updated: Mar-11-14 11:04 am
- New trial denied for convict in Cunningham bribery Updated: Mar-10-14 10:52 pm
- Lawmakers say they're struggling with FOI proposal Updated: Mar-10-14 6:01 pm
- Iowa Senate OKs state military crime report bill Updated: Mar-10-14 5:26 pm
- Former marine resources chief pleads guilty Updated: Mar-10-14 1:06 pm
- India court sets deadline for politicians' cases Updated: Mar-10-14 7:31 am
- Convicted ex-Va. lawmaker says he remains upbeat Updated: Mar-09-14 3:29 pm
- General Assembly adjourns without Va. budget Updated: Mar-09-14 8:53 am
- W.Va. cuts meth lab clean-ups from victims' fund Updated: Mar-09-14 1:47 am
- Ex-Trenton mayor wants his conviction dismissed Updated: Mar-08-14 2:31 pm
- Ex-trader convicted of defrauding bailout program Updated: Mar-07-14 5:41 pm
- Trial approaches for former Ala. Senate leader Updated: Mar-07-14 4:12 pm
- Trial delayed for Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 12:11 pm
- Scandals prompt ethics bills from Senate Democrats Updated: Mar-06-14 8:19 pm
- Indicted former Ala. senator cites AG's payments Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane dies Updated: Mar-06-14 5:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A House committee that investigated former Utah Attorney General John Swallow is expected to release a final report of its findings Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The senior CIA lawyer accused by the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee of trying to intimidate the panel over its investigation into secret prisons and brutal interrogations of terrorism suspects was himself involved in the controversial programs. The attorney, the CIA's top lawyer, is cited by name for his role more than 1,600 times in the Senate's unpublished, 6,300-page investigative report, according to the panel's chairwoman, Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A key figure in a political payback investigation involving Gov. Chris Christie's administration voluntarily came to court to watch lawyers argue over whether her subpoena from a legislative investigatory panel should be quashed.
BEIJING - China might be trying to obscure the number of dissidents it is targeting by charging them with public order offenses instead of political crimes, a U.S.-based rights group said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray pressed ahead Tuesday with his re-election bid but acknowledged he took a political hit from allegations that he led a "shadow campaign" with a convicted donor nicknamed "Uncle Earl."
CINCINNATI - A construction contractor serving four years in prison for bribing a federal government official lost his bid on Tuesday to have his conviction thrown out or his sentenced reduced.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A military judge on Tuesday dismissed the jury in the midst of an Army general's court martial on sexual assault charges to give prosecutors and defense lawyers time to hammer out a plea deal in the closely watched case.
NORTHVALE, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey mayor has resigned his post following his conviction in a scheme where on-duty Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission employees performed personal home improvements and repairs.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal prosecutors say former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is not entitled to more details on what they say he did wrong in his public corruption case.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal prosecutors say former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is not entitled to more details on what they allege he did wrong in his public corruption case.
PASADENA, California - A federal appeals court has refused to order a new trial for a former defense contractor convicting of bribing California Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Some Connecticut legislators said Monday they're grappling with whether to support legislation proposed this year that would place new restrictions on the public release of information from homicides in an effort to protect victim privacy.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill giving victims more power to report sexual abuse and other crimes involving state military personnel has received the approval of the Iowa Senate.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Department of Marine Resources Executive Director Bill Walker pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court to a charge of conspiring to defraud the federal government.
NEW DELHI - India's top court instructed lower courts on Monday to reach verdicts within one year in cases in which lawmakers are accused of grave crimes, in an attempt to reduce the number who win re-election during drawn-out trials.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Virginia legislator convicted of bribery and extortion says he doesn't believe he deserves to be in prison, but he remains upbeat.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia lawmakers left Richmond Saturday without accomplishing their most important task: passing a roughly $96 billion budget for the next two years.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia property owners would no longer get paid by the state for the costs of cleaning up meth labs found on their property, under changes to the state's crime victim compensation awards approved by Legislature on Saturday
TRENTON, New Jersey - The former mayor of New Jersey's capital city has asked a federal judge to throw out his conviction on corruption charges and grant him a new trial.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wall Street investment banker was found guilty Friday of defrauding investment funds established as part of the federal government's response to the 2008 financial crisis.
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - A prosecutor said Friday he will show that former Alabama Senate leader Lowell Barron gave $58,000 in campaign funds to campaign aide Rhonda Jill Johnson to help her pay a debt to him and a credit card company.
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud and theft for allegedly misleading investors about a company's financial status and using their money for personal gain won't go on trial next month.
SACRAMENTO, California - Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - An indicted former state senator accused of making improper payments to a campaign aide has filed court papers citing the attorney general's payments to a campaign staffer.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane, who presided over the 1988 impeachment of Gov. Evan Mecham, has died at age 78.