- Charges: Lambert mayor committed sexual acts with children Updated: Jul-29-15 8:44 pm
LAMBERT, Mississippi - The mayor of a 1,600-resident Quitman County town has been indicted on charges that he sexually abused two children.
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah paid off an illegal $1 million campaign loan with federal grants and charitable donations, funneled campaign funds toward his son's student loans and disguised a lobbyist's bribe as payment for a Porsche his TV anchor wife never sold, prosecutors said Wednesday in announcing a racketeering indictment against him.
- The Latest: Indicted congressman rebuts corruption charges Updated: Jul-29-15 2:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The latest developments surrounding the indictment of U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah (all times local):
- Rome's hot summer: corruption, breakdowns run city to ground Updated: Jul-29-15 12:07 pm
ROME - Pope Francis has declared a Jubilee Year for Rome. But the Eternal City will need a miracle to find anything to feel jubilant about.
- Nixon calls for ethics law changes after 2 lawmakers resign Updated: Jul-28-15 6:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon said Tuesday that state ethics laws need to be revamped in light of accusations that led to the resignations of two state lawmakers this year.
- Oklahoma lawmaker acknowledges criminal investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An attorney for Oklahoma state Sen. Rick Brinkley has acknowledged that the lawmaker is under a criminal investigation related to his alleged embezzlement of more than $1 million from a nonprofit agency where he once worked.
- Ohio ex-lawmaker considering options after theft conviction Updated: Jul-28-15 1:52 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A former northern Ohio lawmaker who was convicted of theft and consequently removed from office immediately says he's disappointed in the verdict and will consider his legal options.
- Ohio lawmaker convicted of theft, immediately out of office Updated: Jul-27-15 5:08 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A northern Ohio lawmaker accused of stealing antiques and other items from a home while doing work as an auctioneer has been convicted on a felony theft charge and immediately removed from office under state law.
- Mayor pleads not guilty to medical practice bribery charges Updated: Jul-27-15 10:47 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A doctor who serves as mayor of a northern New Jersey town pleaded not guilty Monday to charges that he took cash bribes and other kickbacks for referring patients to a medical imaging company.
- Head of China's Hebei province investigated for corruption Updated: Jul-25-15 4:47 am
BEIJING - The head of a major Chinese province and former aide to disgraced official Zhou Yongkang has been placed under investigation as part of a widening probe into alleged corruption.
- Judge rejects ex-NY Assembly speaker's bid to toss charges Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver lost a bid Friday to toss out corruption charges against him.
- Probe prompted by funds paid to mayor's family for purchases Updated: Jul-24-15 2:23 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Cakes, crafts and airfare are among the purchases paid for by the North Slope Borough that involved Mayor Charlotte Brower's family.
- Cuomo: Conviction of NY lawmaker a 'sad personal tragedy' Updated: Jul-23-15 12:13 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's governor says the conviction of the second-ranking Republican in the state Senate is a "sad, sad personal tragedy."
- Former Czech politician gets prison term for corruption Updated: Jul-23-15 8:40 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court has convicted a former prominent member of the ruling Social Democrats of corruption and sentenced him to eight and a half years in prison in a high profile trial.
- Blagojevich ruling draws line on what is, isn't corruption Updated: Jul-22-15 8:34 pm
CHICAGO - Federal judges who tossed several of Rod Blagojevich's corruption convictions endeavored to answer a question legal observers said Wednesday had gone largely unanswered: Just when does an elected official cross the line between legal and illegal political horse-trading?
- Shumlin supports creation of ethics commission Updated: Jul-22-15 6:20 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Amid conflict-of-interest allegations among Vermont public officials, Gov. Peter Shumlin said Wednesday he supports the creation of a state ethics commission.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- Q&A on Blagojevich: What happens after appeals court ruling Updated: Jul-22-15 11:45 am
CHICAGO - A ruling by a federal court in the appeal of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's corruption convictions left open the possibility that the Democrat could serve less time than the 14-year sentence a judge imposed in 2011.
- Maldives president names new VP after previous one is ousted Updated: Jul-22-15 8:41 am
MALE, Maldives - The president of the Maldives appointed his trusted tourism minister as vice president on Wednesday, a day after parliament overwhelmingly voted to oust his former deputy on negligence charges.
- In wake of riots and crime spike, Baltimore mayor under fire Updated: Jul-22-15 5:13 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake climbed onto the deck of an abandoned row house in Tuesday's sweltering summer heat and promised that "better is coming" as she promoted the restoration of a blighted block not far from where riots broke out earlier this year.
- Pluses, minuses for Blagojevich in appellate ruling Updated: Jul-22-15 2:34 am
CHICAGO - Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich may still end up serving all of his 14-year prison term despite an appeals court ruling that he didn't break the law when he sought to secure a post in President Barack Obama's Cabinet for appointing an Obama adviser to the president's old U.S. Senate seat.
- Ex-NY Senate leader, son indicted anew in corruption case Updated: Jul-21-15 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - The latest indictment against a former state Senate leader says he pressured a malpractice insurance company that wanted to discuss legislation with him into hiring his son and then supported his son after he bragged to his new boss that he didn't have to show up for work because of his father's powerful post.
- A timeline of Blagojevich's career, legal battles Updated: Jul-21-15 7:50 pm
CHICAGO - Highlights from imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's political career and legal saga:
- The Latest: Blagojevich's wife wanted more counts dismissed Updated: Jul-21-15 7:01 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on a federal appeals court ruling that overturned some of the corruption convictions of imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (all times CDT):
- Maldives Parliament votes to impeach vice president Updated: Jul-21-15 1:22 pm
MALE, Maldives - Parliament in the Maldives on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly to impeach the vice president after accusing him of dereliction of his duties.