- Blacklist warnings spread on websites in North Korea Updated: Jul-02-15 3:06 am
TOKYO - North Korea, already one of the least-wired places in the world, appears to be cracking down on the use of the Internet by even the small number of foreigners who can access it with relative freedom by blacklisting and blocking social media accounts or websites deemed to carry harmful content.
- EU clinches deal to end mobile roaming charges Updated: Jun-30-15 12:04 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union has agreed to end mobile roaming charges within two years and allow travelers with European phone plans to pay the same price for calls, text messages and data anywhere in the 28 EU nations.
- AT&T to spend $3B on expanding Iusacell network in Mexico Updated: Jun-25-15 5:04 pm
MEXICO CITY - AT&T Inc. plans to invest about $3 billion to build up its recently acquired Iusacell mobile phone network in Mexico.
- To sway regulators, Charter pledges to play nice on Internet Updated: Jun-25-15 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - Charter is trying to convince the government that consumers will benefit if it is allowed to create a cable giant through its proposed $67.1 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable and Bright House.
- The Latest: Cellphone service restored in south Jersey Updated: Jun-24-15 5:43 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The latest on storm recovery in New Jersey (all times local):
- Latest on storm: New Jersey-Philadelphia trains back running Updated: Jun-24-15 1:56 pm
- Review: Apple has best smartwatch, but rivals have strengths Updated: Jun-24-15 1:15 pm
NEW YORK - As much as I wish the Apple Watch could do more, I find it the best smartwatch available, given its polished design and wide range of apps.
- France's Bouygues rejects telecom takeover bid from SFR Updated: Jun-23-15 7:05 pm
PARIS - French phone and Internet provider Bouygues is rejecting a takeover bid by rival SFR, amid French government opposition to the deal.
- As it closes AOL deal, Verizon teases new video service Updated: Jun-23-15 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Verizon is launching a mobile video service this summer that would show sports, concerts and other types of content.
- European telecom group Altice bids for Bouygues Telecom Updated: Jun-22-15 4:01 am
PARIS - The ambitious owner of France's phone and internet provider SFR is making an offer to buy rival Bouygues Telecom.
- French minister takes stand against mobile telecom mergers Updated: Jun-21-15 8:02 am
PARIS - France's economy minister has come out strongly against consolidation in the country's mobile telecommunication industry after a media report claimed a merger is in the works between France's second-largest and fourth-largest operators.
- Comcast founder Ralph Roberts dies at 95 Updated: Jun-19-15 8:29 pm
NEW YORK - Ralph Roberts, a cable pioneer who built Comcast from a small cable TV system in Mississippi into an entertainment and communications behemoth, has died. He was 95.
- FCC to phone companies: You can stop unwanted robocalls Updated: Jun-18-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Tired of automated phone calls urging you to vote for a certain candidate or pitching you a cruise vacation? You can now tell your phone company that federal regulators say it's OK to block them.
- Tech Tips: Stay safe by reducing reliance on passwords Updated: Jun-17-15 1:29 pm
NEW YORK - So many online accounts, so many passwords. No wonder it's tempting to turn to apps and services that promise to keep track of your passwords.
- Q&A: Net neutrality rules go into effect Updated: Jun-12-15 4:49 pm
NEW YORK - New rules that treat the Internet like a public utility and prohibit blocking, slowing and creating paid fast lanes for online traffic took effect Friday.
- Court sides with satellite TV providers in battle over tax Updated: Jun-11-15 2:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida appeals court is ruling that the state's communication services tax treats satellite TV providers unfairly.
- Ex-BlackBerry Co-CEO talks publicly for the first time Updated: Jun-09-15 7:25 pm
TORONTO - Former BlackBerry co-chief executive Jim Balsillie said Tuesday that Apple's introduction of the iPhone and BlackBerry's rushed attempt to match it was devastating for the once iconic company.
- A look back at the consolidation wave sweeping TV providers Updated: Jun-04-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Cable and satellite TV providers are joining together to get more heft as the Internet shakes up the television industry.
- Showtime follows HBO into the streaming game Updated: Jun-03-15 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Showtime will join rival HBO with an online streaming service for those that don't want to pay for cable.
- Tech Tips: Your guide to the myriad phone-upgrade options Updated: Jun-03-15 10:22 am
NEW YORK - Upgrading your phone is no longer as simple as paying $100 or $200 and extending your service contract by two years.