- Rubio: US bandwidth better used by cell providers Updated: Mar-10-14 5:43 pm
- Telecom giant pulls ads from Uganda anti-gay paper Updated: Mar-10-14 10:10 am
- Mexico imposes restrictions on Slim, Televisa Updated: Mar-07-14 7:43 pm
- Judge rules for Samsung in dispute with Apple Updated: Mar-06-14 3:22 pm
- France mobile bid could extend consolidation trend Updated: Mar-06-14 9:40 am
- Dish, Disney deal envisions Internet-delivered TV Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 pm
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- Telecoms push back on proposed NSA plan Updated: Mar-03-14 1:56 pm
- Promise and peril in an ultra-connected world Updated: Mar-02-14 2:40 am
- Apple CEO Tim Cook teases, reassures shareholders Updated: Feb-28-14 5:01 pm
- Oscars to stream live online for first time Updated: Feb-27-14 8:46 pm
- Review: Lots of innovations beyond iOS and Android Updated: Feb-27-14 4:01 pm
- Pistorius investigators meet Apple over iPhone Updated: Feb-27-14 11:43 am
- Smartphone cameras step closer to high-end power Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 am
- Incentives are coming for payments by phones Updated: Feb-26-14 10:49 am
- Phone makers look to emerging markets for growth Updated: Feb-25-14 11:36 am
- T-Mobile 4Q loss widens on higher spending Updated: Feb-25-14 9:32 am
- BlackBerry announces new phones, services Updated: Feb-25-14 3:37 am
- Getting a clearer picture on Netflix-Comcast deal Updated: Feb-24-14 6:28 pm
- Samsung unveils phone with heart-rate monitor Updated: Feb-24-14 4:26 pm
- Several new phones coming, but all eyes on Samsung Updated: Feb-24-14 3:26 pm
- Nokia targets emerging markets with Android phones Updated: Feb-24-14 8:52 am
- Ferris St. spending more than $1M on dorm upgrades Updated: Feb-24-14 4:04 am
- LG to offer its first smartwatch this year Updated: Feb-24-14 2:35 am
- Netflix reaches deal with Comcast Updated: Feb-23-14 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Pitching himself as an ally to Silicon Valley, presidential hopeful Sen. Marco Rubio proposed giving cellphone companies more access to government-controlled airwaves as part of a package of pro-business initiatives he said would create "thousands upon thousands of high-paying jobs."
KAMPALA, Uganda - An activist group says the global telecom company Orange has withdrawn advertising from a Ugandan tabloid newspaper that printed the names of 200 suspected homosexuals after a severe anti-gay law was enacted last month.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulators declared the country's main television network and Carlos Slim's telecom company as "preponderant" market players on Friday, part of an effort by the government to promote competitiveness in the telecommunications sector.
SAN JOSE, California - A federal judge in California on Thursday denied Apple's request to permanently ban Samsung from selling 23 older-model smartphones and tablets that a jury found infringed on patents held by the maker of iPhones and iPads.
PARIS - French conglomerate Bouygues offered 10.5 billion euros ($14.4 billion) for control of mobile operator SFR telecommunications, launching a bidding war Thursday that could extend the wireless industry's attempts to consolidate in Europe.
LOS ANGELES - With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
WASHINGTON - When Apple, Google, Microsoft and other tech giants united in outrage last summer over the National Security Agency's unfettered spying, telecommunications giants such as AT&T, Verizon and Sprint -whose customers are also the targets of secret government spying- remained noticeably mum.
BARCELONA, Spain - We're in the beginning of a world in which everything is connected to the Internet and with one another, while powerful yet relatively cheap computers analyze all that data for ways to improve lives.
CUPERTINO, California - Apple CEO Tim Cook is still trying to convince shareholders that the iPhone maker remains a step ahead in the race to innovate, even though recent performance of the company's stock lags behind other technology trendsetters.
LOS ANGELES - The Academy Awards ceremony will stream live online for the first time to select cable providers in eight U.S. cities.
BARCELONA, Spain - When it comes to smartphones, consumers have an array of choices from Apple to... well, Android.
JOHANNESBURG - South African prosecutors pressing a murder charge against Oscar Pistorius secured a meeting Thursday with Apple officials in the United States over accessing potentially crucial evidence on the double-amputee athlete's locked iPhone, they said.
SEOUL, South Korea - Expect sharper, clearer selfies this year.
BARCELONA, Spain - Many people use their smartphones to watch video, play games and wake them up in the morning. Some even use them to generate digital boarding passes to fly. So why not use phones to buy stuff at retail stores as well?
BARCELONA, Spain - Here's the rub for companies: A good part of the key markets they serve already own smartphones and use them to connect various Internet services. How do you grow from there?
BELLEVUE, Washington - T-Mobile said Tuesday that its fourth-quarter loss more than doubled as the company spent more to lure in new customers.
BARCELONA, Spain - BlackBerry will release a low-cost phone in Indonesia in April and plans a broader release of a phone that restores a beloved row of control keys with a track pad.
SAN FRANCISCO - After years of bickering, Netflix and Comcast are working together to provide their subscribers with a more enjoyable experience when they're watching movies and television shows over high-speed Internet connections.
BARCELONA, Spain - Samsung sought Monday to frame its new Galaxy S5 smartphone as a lifestyle product, as it emphasized a built-in heart-rate sensor and improved camera features over its slightly larger size.
BARCELONA, Spain - Sony unveiled a new waterproof phone that can take ultra-high-definition video. Nokia introduced three Android smartphones aimed at emerging markets. And Lenovo announced one with an all-glass exterior.
BARCELONA, Spain - Nokia is targeting emerging markets with three low-cost smartphones that use Google's Android operating system rather than the Windows Phone software from Microsoft, which is about to take over Nokia's handset business.
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - Ferris State University is pledging to spend more than $1 million to upgrade its residence halls.
SEOUL, South Korea - LG Electronics Inc. said it will launch a computerized wristwatch later this year, entering a nascent market where Samsung Electronics Co., Sony Corp. and smaller companies such as Pebble are already jostling for dominance.
NEW YORK - Netflix has reached a deal with Comcast to ensure that its TV shows and movies are streamed smoothly to households, the first deal the online video streaming service has reached with an Internet service provider.