- DNR names 17 to Mille Lacs committee, new point man for lake Updated: Oct-07-15 12:20 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Department of Natural Resources named 17 people to its new Mille Lacs Fisheries Advisory Committee on Tuesday and a new point person for the state agency's stepped-up efforts to revive the lake's struggling walleye population.
- Tribe to pay fish bounty for Lake Coeur d'Alene research Updated: Sep-25-15 2:21 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A tribe is implementing a temporary bounty on northern pike as it studies cutthroat trout predators.
- Prehistoric fish make fragile comeback in James, York rivers Updated: Sep-19-15 10:01 am
KING WILLIAM COUNTY, Virginia - After 200 million years, one of the planet's oldest fish species is apparently in no rush.
- Researchers find heavy metals along river after mine spill Updated: Sep-18-15 7:06 pm
DENVER - Researchers say they found scattered accumulations of heavy metals along a 60-mile stretch of riverbank in Colorado and New Mexico a month after the Gold King Mine wastewater spill and say that any potential threat to crops and livestock should be studied further.
- University gets $3M grant for Detroit River algae study Updated: Sep-16-15 10:34 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan researchers have been awarded $3 million to study how the Detroit River contributes to algae blooms plaguing Lake Erie.