- Biennial conference to focus on protecting inland lakes Updated: Apr-27-16 8:52 pm
BOYNE FALLS, Michigan - Hundreds of people are expected to attend a conference designed to encourage protection of Michigan's 11,000 inland lakes.
- Tennessee institute works to save 'underwater rainforest' Updated: Apr-22-16 5:26 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Hundreds of freshwater fish, mussels, crawfish and salamanders - many of them found nowhere else in the world - make their home in the U.S. Southeast. In one waterway alone, Tennessee's Duck River, there are more fish species than in all of Europe.
- Poet Bourque to be receive prize from ULL Updated: Apr-18-16 4:39 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Poet Darrell Bourque, a former Louisiana poet laureate, will receive an award from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette for his contribution to Louisiana's literature.
- Storms raised some pollutants after mine spill, not others Updated: Apr-15-16 5:30 pm
DENVER - Runoff from autumn storms kicked up the levels of some contaminants in a southwestern Colorado river after a massive spill of toxic mine waste, but concentrations of other pollutants declined or didn't change, researchers said Friday.
- Work to begin on Missouri River research area in Bellevue Updated: Apr-11-16 10:19 am
BELLEVUE, Nebraska - Construction is ready to begin on a research station that'll provide environmental data on Omaha-area rivers.
- Presque Isle an academic draw for Gannon students Updated: Apr-10-16 1:08 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Presque Isle State Park, recently named Best Freshwater Beach in the national USA Today 10 Best Readers' Choice contest, has long been a draw for tourists looking for the perfect place to swim and sunbathe.