- How to find healthy eats at Florida theme parks, zoos Updated: Jul-30-15 3:04 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Don't stress if you're trying to eat healthy while on summer vacation. Florida health officials are highlighting some guilt-free options for you at theme parks and zoos.
- Report: School ban on sugary sodas, sweet snacks working Updated: Jul-22-15 3:17 pm
BOSTON - Rules aimed at banning sugary sodas, sweet snacks, potato chips and other standard school vending machine fare appear to be working in Massachusetts, according to a study released Wednesday.
- Summer youth fitness program teaches healthy eating Updated: Jul-18-15 10:10 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Both Samuel Patton and Chloe DeMoulin now have a new appreciation about what's contained in some popular, name-brand cupcakes, thanks to registered nurse Joan Starliper's presentation at a session of Wellkids Fun in Training (FIT) - a summer fitness program that includes plenty of exercise, healthy snacks and plain old fun.
- Report: Nearly 1 in 3 young US adults too fat for military Updated: Jul-15-15 6:55 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The nation's obesity epidemic is causing significant recruiting problems for the military, with one in three young adults nationwide too fat to enlist, according to report issued Wednesday by a group of retired military leaders.
- Newington Farmers Market keeps the fresh food flowing Updated: Jul-11-15 3:06 am
NEWINGTON, Connecticut - It's all homegrown and handmade at the Newington Farmers Market.
- Institutions like hospitals can help local mid-size farms Updated: Jul-05-15 1:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - At Oregon Health & Science University recently, the lunch offerings included sandwiches made with organic chicken breast - locally sourced - on focaccia bread, baked locally and delivered daily. Plus salad made from local greens. Not a pre-packaged, mass-produced item in sight.
- Teachers still sought in home economics field Updated: Jul-04-15 10:37 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Forty years ago, when Cheryl Tschetter started teaching at what was then McMillan Junior High, boys were for the first time allowed to take home economics and girls could enroll in shop class.