- First lady to host 3rd kids' recipe challenge Updated: Mar-05-14 1:40 pm
- USDA adds foods to moms and kids food program Updated: Feb-28-14 12:08 pm
- New food labels would highlight calories and sugar Updated: Feb-27-14 12:12 pm
- A look at the changing obesity landscape for kids Updated: Feb-26-14 4:34 pm
- Lessons on salt for dietitians ... by a chip maker Updated: Feb-26-14 11:05 am
- Cut out junk food ads in schools, government says Updated: Feb-25-14 9:04 pm
- Michelle Obama visits Miami to promote fitness Updated: Feb-25-14 6:18 pm
- Program gives St. Louis students better lunches Updated: Feb-23-14 1:20 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Eat healthy, shoot cleanly Updated: Feb-20-14 2:37 am
- Experts: Obesity often starts before kindergarten Updated: Feb-16-14 9:51 am
- Survey: Schools deny lunch to kids who can't pay Updated: Feb-11-14 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama is working again with Epicurious and the departments of Education and Agriculture on a third nationwide recipe contest to promote healthy eating among kids.
WASHINGTON - Pregnant women and mothers who get federal assistance with their grocery bills will now be able to buy more whole-grain foods, yogurt, fish, fruits and vegetables.
WASHINGTON - Those "Nutrition Facts" labels on nearly every food package in grocery stores are getting a new look.
NEW YORK - Is the anti-obesity message finally getting through?
HOUSTON - Snack and soda makers that often are blamed for fueling the nation's obesity rates also play a role in educating the dietitians who advise Americans on healthy eating.
WASHINGTON - It's not just about what America's kids are getting in the lunch line.
MIAMI - First Lady Michelle Obama stopped at a Miami rec center Tuesday to continue her fight against childhood obesity by ensuring that children are staying healthy throughout their day, including after the school bell rings.
ST. LOUIS - Students at Marian Middle School in St. Louis don't get the usual school lunch of chicken fingers, pizza or fries, thanks to a program operated by Saint Louis University.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Two days after winning her first career medal at the Sochi Games, Tiril Eckhoff helped Ole Einar Bjoerndalen and the rest of the Norwegian biathlon team to an historic gold medal in the first Olympic mixed relay on Wednesday.
FLORENCE, Alabama - A new study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that among children between ages 5 and 14, nearly 12 percent developed obesity - 10 percent of girls and nearly 14 percent of boys.
MINNEAPOLIS - A new survey shows a majority of school districts in Minnesota deny hot lunch, and sometimes any lunch, to children who can't pay.