- Some Houston stores are immigrant family business Updated: Dec-03-13 10:33 am
- USC president's wife publishes 2nd cookbook Updated: Dec-01-13 3:59 pm
- Cordova church makes a ministry of healthy meals Updated: Nov-23-13 12:56 pm
- Minn. Cub Foods stores offering MNsure information Updated: Nov-23-13 5:05 am
- UN: Hunger can be eradicated in Africa by 2025 Updated: Nov-22-13 4:27 pm
- Summit aims to stomp out hunger in Nevada Updated: Nov-20-13 8:31 pm
- U of Minn. cuts Extension nutrition educators Updated: Nov-18-13 8:35 pm
- Trans fat doesn't stir much 'nanny state' debate Updated: Nov-09-13 8:36 am
- Q&A: What are trans fats? Updated: Nov-08-13 11:31 am
- Grants to fund healthy habits in childcare centers Updated: Nov-08-13 4:04 am
- NYC's Bloomberg led the way on trans fats ban Updated: Nov-08-13 2:16 am
- FDA to ban artery-clogging trans fats Updated: Nov-07-13 8:52 pm
HOUSTON - O.G. Cooper, who is 86, rides his bike to Jim's Super grocery store in Houston's South Park neighborhood.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The wife of the University of South Carolina's president wants young people to eat better and learn to grow more of their food, so she has written a new cookbook based on a healthy Mediterranean diet with recipes inspired by friends, family and students.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Hope Presbyterian Church supplies "Dinner on Demand" in hopes of encouraging family meals.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's health insurance exchange is teaming up with grocery store chain Cub Foods to spread the word about enrolling in insurance coverage.
UNITED NATIONS - Eradicating hunger in Africa by 2025 is achievable - if Africa's leaders champion it and promote improved crop production and healthy eating, the head of the U.N. food and agriculture agency said Friday.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Food baskets alone are not enough to conquer the problem of hunger in Nevada, an effort that will take cooperation to help people become more financially secure so they can afford healthy food, participants at a summit were told Wednesday.
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota is cutting nearly half of the staff from a federally funded program that teaches low-income Minnesotans about healthy eating, the university said Monday.
WASHINGTON - They are among our most personal daily decisions: what to eat or drink. Maybe what to inhale.
WASHINGTON - You may not even know you are eating them, but trans fats will eventually be a thing of the past. The Food and Drug Administration says it is phasing them out, saying they are a threat to public health. Some questions and answers about the dangerous fats:
ATLANTA - The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning has been given a grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to implement nutrition and exercise programs at childcare centers throughout southeast Georgia.
NEW YORK - News that the Food and Drug Administration will phase out artificial trans fats from foodstuffs nationwide is another win for a public health strategy pioneered by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
WASHINGTON - Heart-clogging trans fats were once a staple of the American diet, plentiful in baked goods, microwave popcorn and fried foods. Now, mindful of the health risks, the Food and Drug Administration is getting rid of what's left of them for good.