- New Mexico tribal leaders gather for annual summit Updated: Jul-02-15 5:22 am
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Native American leaders from around New Mexico are gathering at Santa Ana Pueblo for the state's annual tribal summit.
- Chinese premier calls for deal to keep Greece in eurozone Updated: Jun-29-15 4:08 pm
BRUSSELS - The prime minister of China, the European Union's No. 2 trading partner, called Monday on Greece and its creditors to reach a last-minute deal that will allow Greece to remain in the eurozone.
- The Latest: British leader says Greek vote is a vote on euro Updated: Jun-29-15 8:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes as it closes its banks and limits money withdrawals (all times local):
- Greenland salmon quota worries Maine conservationists Updated: Jun-28-15 1:20 pm
ORONO, Maine - Commercial fishing activity nearly 2,000 miles away is worrying Maine conservationists working to restore Atlantic salmon to the Penobscot River.
- EU refugee response exposes divisions, meagre ambitions Updated: Jun-26-15 8:19 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union decided Friday to share 40,000 of the refugees landing in Italy and Greece but foot-dragging and verbal sniping over the move exposed deep divisions about how to deal with Europe's massive migrant influx.
- Europe seeks to counter Kremlin success pushing world view Updated: Jun-25-15 11:14 am
MOSCOW - Larry King's back on the air, beaming his high-octane brand of talk to households around the world. Where can you catch him? Kremlin-backed TV.
- S Africa mulls quitting ICC after Sudan leader visit Updated: Jun-25-15 9:08 am
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa will consider withdrawing from the International Criminal Court as a "last resort" following a dispute over a visit by Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who is wanted for alleged war crimes, the government said Thursday.
- French leftists rally in support of Greece Updated: Jun-20-15 1:57 pm
PARIS - Several thousand leftists have rallied in Paris to "give Greece a chance" two days ahead of a critical summit of eurozone leaders on a bailout.
- AU head Mugabe says international court unwelcome in Africa Updated: Jun-16-15 7:19 am
- S. Africa: Actress Angelina Jolie joins African Union summit Updated: Jun-12-15 1:16 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Appearing at an African Union summit in South Africa, actress Angelina Jolie, who is also a U.N. special envoy on refugee issues, spoke about rape as a weapon of warfare and asked African representatives to support women's rights.
- Britain, Argentina in new dispute over the Falkland Islands Updated: Jun-11-15 8:56 am
BRUSSELS - Britain and Argentina are clashing again in their long-running dispute over the Falkland Islands, this time at an international summit in Brussels.
- What countries have offered for Paris climate agreement Updated: Jun-10-15 4:13 pm
BONN, Germany - Ethiopia on Wednesday became the latest country to present a plan to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions for a global climate pact that's supposed to be adopted in Paris later this year.
- New York City's mayor kicks off World Cities Summit forum Updated: Jun-09-15 4:36 pm
NEW YORK - With much of the world's population and its poverty shifting to cities, leaders of urban centers are at the forefront of battling inequality and creating sustainability, attendees at a global mayors conference argued on Tuesday.
- From fossil fuels to epidemics: What the G-7 decided Updated: Jun-09-15 1:25 pm
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel went into the Group of Seven summit in the Bavarian Alps with a broad agenda, but combating climate change was a top priority. At the two-day meeting of the leaders of Germany, Britain, Canada, France, Italy, Japan and the U.S., the G-7's most eye-catching pledge was a commitment to move away from using fossil fuels by the end of this century.
- Obama: US lacks 'complete strategy' for training Iraqis Updated: Jun-08-15 5:41 pm
ELMAU, Germany - Acknowledging military setbacks, President Barack Obama said Monday the United States still lacks a "complete strategy" for training Iraqi forces to fight the Islamic State. He urged Iraq's government to allow more of the nation's Sunnis to join the campaign against the violent militants.
- THE LATEST: Obama says G-7 studying more sanctions on Russia Updated: Jun-08-15 11:35 am
ELMAU, Germany - 5:27 p.m. (1527GMT; 12:27 a.m. EDT)
- Obama's trade quest in Congress trails him across Atlantic Updated: Jun-07-15 6:10 pm
ELMAU, Germany - President Barack Obama's politically fraught trade quest in Washington trailed him across the Atlantic Sunday, as he met with world leaders anxiously watching a debate on Capitol Hill that could impact the status of economic pacts with the Asia-Pacific and Europe.
- Beijing struggles to cut smog with wide-ranging restrictions Updated: Jun-07-15 4:50 am
BEIJING - When Dong Yingli first opened her east Beijing meat skewers restaurant six years ago, her chefs cooked the lamb, chicken hearts and assorted treats over an uncovered grill, with giant fans blowing the clouds of pungent smoke from the sidewalk into the middle of the street.
- Merkel urges G7 to throw weight behind climate fund Updated: Jun-06-15 4:55 am
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel is calling for the Group of Seven industrial powers to throw their weight behind a long-standing pledge to seek $100 billion to help poor countries tackle climate change.
- At G-7, Japan's energy plan is not all that green Updated: Jun-06-15 2:04 am
TOKYO - Japan may find itself the odd man out when Prime Minister Shinzo Abe presents his government's blueprint for combating climate change at this weekend's summit of the world's leading industrialized democracies.
- German court: up to 50 people can protest near G7 summit Updated: Jun-05-15 11:48 am
BERLIN - A German court has ruled that up to 50 demonstrators can stage a protest within sight and earshot of the Group of Seven summit venue in the Bavarian Alps.
- Merkel pursues ambitious agenda for G7 summit Updated: Jun-05-15 5:38 am
BERLIN - When Germany last hosted a summit of the world's leading industrialized democracies, Chancellor Angela Merkel was a relative newcomer on the world stage. With less than two years in office she focused on one major theme: the fight against climate change.
- UN says China to make pledge for climate treaty this month Updated: Jun-04-15 10:59 pm
UNITED NATIONS - China is expected this month to formally submit its pledge for a global climate treaty that countries are seeking to finalize by December, the United Nations' top adviser on climate change said Thursday.
- AP Interview: Canada's Harper says Russia can't rejoin G-7 Updated: Jun-04-15 5:46 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Thursday that Russia should never be allowed back in the Group of 7 as long as Vladimir Putin is president.
- 30,000 protest against free trade, climate ahead of G-7 Updated: Jun-04-15 12:32 pm
MUNICH - Tens of thousands have protested against free trade and climate change ahead of the upcoming G-7 summit in Germany.