- Obama delivers frank words about Africa's problems Updated: Jul-28-15 4:49 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama arrived in East Africa with no big American aid packages, no ramped up U.S. military resources for fighting terror groups and no new initiatives with billions in government backing.
- White House dismisses Kenya release of Obama schedule Updated: Jul-22-15 6:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama's travel plans won't change after Kenyan aviation authorities released specifics about his arrival there later this week.
- Summit to weigh endangered red wolf's plight as numbers drop Updated: Jul-21-15 1:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - Wolf experts from around the nation will be gathering this week to consider how to help the critically endangered red wolf.
- 'Breaking Bad' actor to address New Mexico anti-crime summit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:07 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - "Breaking Bad" actor Steven Michael Quezada (keh-ZAH'-DAH') is scheduled to headline a New Mexico Attorney General's summit on fighting crime.
- Chinese, Japanese diplomats meet in Beijing Updated: Jul-16-15 7:10 am
BEIJING - China's top diplomat met Thursday with the head of Japan's National Security Council for talks expected to touch on a possible summit between the leaders of the countries later this year in Beijing.
- Statewide trail network envisioned in Georgia Updated: Jul-10-15 1:39 pm
ATLANTA - A loose coalition of trail lovers is morphing into an organization with ambitious plans to create a statewide trail network.
- India, Pakistan to join security group led by Russia, China Updated: Jul-10-15 8:22 am
UFA, Russia - President Vladimir Putin announced Friday that India and Pakistan will join the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a group dominated by Russia and China and also including former Soviet republics in Central Asia.
- First lady addresses inaugural Native American youth summit Updated: Jul-09-15 1:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama on Thursday told hundreds of Native American youths that they are all precious and sacred and that "each of you was put on this earth for a reason."
- Putin: Russia and China can overcome any difficulty together Updated: Jul-08-15 2:17 pm
UFA, Russia - Welcoming China's leader to two summits in a Russian city, President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia and China can overcome their countries' difficulties by working together.
- Standing Rock Reservation youth highlight school challenges Updated: Jul-08-15 12:18 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - When Gracey Claymore graduated from McLaughlin High School in the spring, one of her teachers told her she was surprised to see her at the ceremony.
- 'Indian Education Summit' slated at Capitol in Bismarck Updated: Jul-07-15 2:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Department of Public Instruction's second Indian Education Summit is slated at the state Capitol in Bismarck.
- Inslee to give speech at climate summit in Canada Updated: Jul-06-15 2:16 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee will be briefly heading to Canada this week to speak at the Climate Summit of the Americas.
- Dalai Lama celebrates 80th birthday with California summit Updated: Jul-03-15 6:34 pm
IRVINE, California - It won't be a small, private affair when the Dalai Lama celebrates his 80th birthday this weekend in Southern California.
- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.
- New Mexico tribal leaders gather for annual summit Updated: Jul-02-15 5:22 am
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Native American leaders from around New Mexico are gathering at Santa Ana Pueblo for the state's annual tribal summit.