- Feds OK wildlife plan for W.Va. wind farm Updated: Dec-08-13 4:58 pm
- Wichita falconer reunites with golden eagle Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- Wis. board to get details on 2013 deer hunt Updated: Dec-08-13 7:05 am
- Fort Wayne zoo's beloved pony takes final ride Updated: Dec-07-13 4:14 pm
- Rare Malayan tiger at Fresno Zoo pregnant Updated: Dec-07-13 1:44 pm
- 3- day deer hunt set for Presque Isle State Park Updated: Dec-07-13 10:20 am
- 'Landfill Dogs' project aims for homes for pets Updated: Dec-07-13 9:04 am
- Iowa DNR monitors deer for chronic wasting disease Updated: Dec-07-13 5:09 am
- Detroit dog group putting on pet assistance event Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- $5 cats, $50 dogs at Grand Rapids-area shelter Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- Curly the La Center camel ready for seasonal shows Updated: Dec-06-13 9:20 pm
- Ex-Reno reporter may be prosecuted for deer hunt Updated: Dec-06-13 8:32 pm
- Ranchers oppose SD tribe's plan for bison reserve Updated: Dec-06-13 7:20 pm
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner Updated: Dec-06-13 10:01 am
- Gorilla born at Atlanta zoo in August gets a name Updated: Dec-06-13 6:46 am
- Deer hunter injured after falling from tree stand Updated: Dec-06-13 4:05 am
- NYC man who smuggled rhino horns gets 3 years Updated: Dec-05-13 9:25 pm
- E. Ore. feeder readies for elk to head downhill Updated: Dec-05-13 6:11 pm
- Report shows Maine wind farms' impact on wildlife Updated: Dec-05-13 5:01 pm
- Proposal reignites passions over Mexican wolves Updated: Dec-05-13 4:39 pm
- Bear suspected in attack is euthanized Updated: Dec-05-13 12:49 pm
- Vt. testing deer samples to test for EEE virus Updated: Dec-05-13 11:46 am
- Yakima council upholds ban on pit bulls Updated: Dec-05-13 9:02 am
- Park near Forest City closing during deer seasons Updated: Dec-05-13 8:40 am
- Ban on deer-dog hunting in Kisatchie is upheld Updated: Dec-05-13 6:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal authorities have approved Beech Ridge Energy's plan to minimize the impact of its southern West Virginia wind farm on endangered bats and other wildlife.
LYONS, Kansas - With wide, long wings, the golden eagle launched itself fast enough to leave Nate Mathews amid a backwash of stirred air.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Department of Natural Resources is set to get more information on the 2013 gun deer hunt.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - For years, thousands of children visiting from near and far took time out of their visit to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo for a ride on Cookie, a beloved pony.
FRESNO, California - A rare Malayan tiger at the Fresno Zoo is expecting.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Hunters will have the extra opportunity to hunt deer at Presque Isle State Park.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina photographer hopes her pictures of shelter dogs at a former landfill will help find homes for them and raise awareness of the need for spaying and neutering.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa officials will continue to monitor deer samples for any signs of chronic wasting disease in the wild herd.
DETROIT - A Detroit-based dog rescue group is set to lend some assistance to pet owners in need of help feeding and sheltering their animals.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The animal shelter serving the Grand Rapids area wants to empty the cages and is offering discounts Saturday on cats and dogs that need a home.
LA CENTER, Washington - Curly the camel can sense that the busy Christmas season is about to start, according to his owner, Jeff Siebert.
RENO, Nevada - Humboldt County prosecutors are considering filing misdemeanor criminal charges against a former outdoor writer for the Reno Gazette-Journal accused of illegally shooting a deer at the Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Some cattle ranchers on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in southwestern South Dakota are fighting plans for a large bison reserve being pursued by the Oglala Sioux Tribe.
SERGEANT BLUFF, Iowa - A little dog that ran away from a fatal collision on an Iowa interstate has been reunited with his owner.
ATLANTA - A gorilla born at Atlanta's zoo in August has been named Anaka.
NEW ATHENS, Illinois - A 75-year-old man is recovering after falling from a deer tree stand in a remote part of southwestern Illinois.
NEW YORK - A New York City antiques dealer who pleaded guilty to conspiracy for smuggling artifacts made from rhinoceros horns from the U.S. to China and Hong Kong has been sentenced to three years in prison, plus three years' supervised release.
BAKER CITY, Oregon - The elk aren't hungry enough yet to need, or indeed to be interested in, Eddie Miguez's handouts.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The state can harness its significant wind resources for power and achieve its ambitious wind goals while also protecting its wildlife, according to a new report from one of its top wildlife conservation advocacy organizations.
PINETOP, Arizona - A regional official with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says the limited area set aside in New Mexico and Arizona for recovery of the Mexican gray wolf is tying the agency's hands.
LONGWOOD, Florida - A bear that matched the description of one that injured a Florida woman who was walking her dogs has been captured and euthanized.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont biologists will be testing more than 700 blood samples taken from deer and moose across the state this fall as part of an effort to track the virus that causes Eastern Equine Encephalitis.
YAKIMA, Washington - A ban on pit bull dogs remains in effect in Yakima.
FOREST CITY, Iowa - Thorpe Park west of Forest City in northern Iowa will be closed to traffic during the upcoming shotgun deer seasons.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The U.S. District Court has upheld the U.S. Forest Service's ban on hunting deer with dogs in the Kisatchie National Forest in a ruling on Nov. 27.