- Utah: Animal found dead in trap appears to be gray wolf Updated: Nov-27-15 6:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah authorities say an animal that appears to be a gray wolf was found dead in a snare set for a coyote earlier this month near the Wyoming state line.
- Polar bear at Tacoma zoo dies; suffered from liver cancer Updated: Nov-27-15 5:54 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A polar bear at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma has died after undergoing months of chemotherapy.
- Police say toddler hospitalized after dog attack at a home Updated: Nov-27-15 5:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh say a 21-year-old boy is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a dog attack at a home he and his parents were visiting.
- Baby red pandas at Philly zoo named Betsy and Ben, of course Updated: Nov-27-15 2:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pair of baby red pandas at the Philadelphia Zoo have been named after two of the city's most famous residents: Betsy and Benjamin.
- Attacking dogs still roaming Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Updated: Nov-27-15 10:46 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - In the year since the death of 8-year-old Jayla Rodriguez on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, little has been accomplished to keep community members safe from the kind of wild dogs that killed her.
- Dogs search for few remaining traces of invasive nutria Updated: Nov-27-15 10:45 am
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been using dogs to track down the few invasive nutria rodents that remain in Dorchester County.
- Colorado town passes measures to control cat population Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in a Colorado town have passed a measure that encourages residents to vaccinate, spay, neuter and license their cats, although it stops short requiring those steps.
- Appalachian Bear Rescue releases orphaned bears into wild Updated: Nov-27-15 4:56 am
TOWNSEND, Tennessee - The Appalachian Bear Rescue has released two black bear cubs back into the wild.
- Deputies believe suspects intentionally struck deer on road Updated: Nov-27-15 3:37 am
VICTOR, West Virginia - Deputies are searching for a vehicle they believe intentionally struck and killed a deer in the Victor area of Fayette County.
- 2 tiger brothers go on display at Manhattan zoo Updated: Nov-26-15 6:45 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - The zoo in Manhattan has two new stripped additions.
- 190K deer killed in Missouri firearms season's first phase Updated: Nov-26-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri hunters are killing more deer after restrictions were lifted in some areas to prevent the spread of chronic wasting disease.
- State permits Sparks to remove nuisance beavers Updated: Nov-26-15 4:55 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Sparks officials are trapping and removing nuisance beavers that are chewing into trees and building dams that bring the potential for flooding.
- Dogs removed during Danville raid going to rescue groups Updated: Nov-26-15 4:27 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A group of dogs taken during a police raid of a Danville home are being transferred to animal rescue organizations.
- Young hunter gets 2 deer in 1 shot on 1st hunt Updated: Nov-26-15 3:42 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A young hunter from the Green Bay area will have a hard time topping his first hunting experience - after he managed to get two deer in one shot.
- Dog owner acquitted of keeping vicious animals Updated: Nov-26-15 3:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A woman whose three dogs attacked and killed a Maltese mix has been acquitted of keeping vicious animals, but was convicted on other charges for not having her boxer and two pit bulls licensed or properly vaccinated for rabies.
- Duo revisits Wahb the grizzly bear Updated: Nov-26-15 1:44 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Wahb the grizzly bear has been famous in fiction for more than a century, but a combination analysis and report on its relevancy to today's world earned two Buffalo Bill Center of the West officials an unexpected prize for their partnership.
- So far, bear tally higher than in last year's hunting season Updated: Nov-26-15 11:53 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Hunters killed 223 bears during the third day of Pennsylvania's statewide bear season, raising the three-day total to nearly 2,500.
- Triumphant story of Chihuahua named G.I. Joe inspires Minot Updated: Nov-26-15 11:35 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An 8-1/2 pound survivor named G.I. Joe has experienced an amazing turnaround in his life. The long-haired chihuahua cross owes a lot to his new-found human friends, but it's his friends who are thanking him for showing them what it means to be a fighter.
- South Africa moves closer to legal trade in rhino horns Updated: Nov-26-15 10:00 am
JOHANNESBURG - A South African court on Thursday opened the way to allowing local trade in rhino horns, alarming some conservationists who warned the ruling leaves rhinos even more vulnerable to poachers who are slaughtering them in record numbers.
- Deer here: Game commission to steer hunters to prime spots Updated: Nov-26-15 9:41 am
FISHER, Pennsylvania - Yo, hunters! Deer here.
- County adopts ordinance to protect dogs from extreme weather Updated: Nov-26-15 9:17 am
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Some pet owners in northeastern Pennsylvania will have to start paying closer attention to the weather.
- Missing therapy horse found about a mile from Iowa home Updated: Nov-26-15 6:24 am
COLFAX, Iowa - The Jasper County Sheriff's Office says a therapy horse missing since last week has been found.
- Jacksonville zoo gets new elephant Updated: Nov-26-15 3:02 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A new female African elephant has joined the herd at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
- Mexico says it's closing in on tiger that escaped month ago Updated: Nov-25-15 10:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - A tiger named "Ankor" marked a full month on the run Wednesday, having evaded capture since he escaped from a restaurant zoo and disappeared into what appears to be a very tiger-friendly habitat on Mexico's southern Pacific coast.
- ND man charged after dead dog was found in dumpster Updated: Nov-25-15 6:01 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A North Dakota man has been charged with animal cruelty after a dog was found dead in a dumpster.