- California mulls wolf listing amid hunts elsewhere Updated: Apr-16-14 7:15 pm
- Portland officer wounded, dog killed in shootout Updated: Apr-16-14 7:14 pm
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty? Updated: Apr-16-14 6:05 pm
- Lost sea lion in California found mile from water Updated: Apr-16-14 3:49 pm
- Wildlife officials defend bear killings Updated: Apr-16-14 2:46 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Dead whale found in New York harbor being examined Updated: Apr-16-14 2:16 pm
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Trial set in proposed tribal national park dispute Updated: Apr-16-14 11:11 am
- Forest Service urges bear safety in North Carolina Updated: Apr-16-14 9:37 am
- Tests on meatballs after dogs poisoned Updated: Apr-16-14 8:40 am
- Service dog exemption to Yakima pit bull ban Updated: Apr-16-14 8:29 am
- Review: 'Bears' is engaging; vividly shot Updated: Apr-16-14 8:04 am
- Dead whale on Ore. coast: 'It's really smelly' Updated: Apr-15-14 10:04 pm
- Wyoming governor touts wolf reintroduction success Updated: Apr-15-14 7:46 pm
- DEEP warns about moose near I-84 in Southington Updated: Apr-15-14 1:22 pm
- 1 plans to plead guilty in Ala. dog fighting case Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Pet boom in Mexico amid rising middle class Updated: Apr-15-14 12:27 pm
- Prosecutor: Photos essential in SC dog attack case Updated: Apr-15-14 12:13 pm
- Houston hoarding proposal 8 years late for one man Updated: Apr-15-14 12:02 pm
- Japan pro-whaling lobby vows to continue hunts Updated: Apr-15-14 9:56 am
- Bat-killing fungus spreads in Georgia Updated: Apr-15-14 8:10 am
- Portland's elder statesman elephant turns 52 Updated: Apr-15-14 2:04 am
- Very obese cats saved from neglect up for adoption Updated: Apr-15-14 1:04 am
- Rancher inspects cattle after showdown with feds Updated: Apr-14-14 9:14 pm
FRESNO, California - While much of the country has relaxed rules on killing gray wolves, California will consider protecting the species after a lone wolf from Oregon raised hopes the animals would repopulate their historic habitat in the Golden State.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland, Oregon, police dog sicced on a burglary suspect was fatally shot early Wednesday, and his handler was wounded.
BRIDGETON, New Jersey - Could this prospective juror take a bite out of crime?
MERCED, California - Workers at a central California ranch could hardly believe their eyes when they spotted a sea lion pup hopping through an almond orchard, a mile from the San Joaquin River.
LAKE MARY, Florida - Florida wildlife officials are defending the killing of a half dozen bears following a bear attack on a Lake Mary woman.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Mammal researchers were conducting a necropsy Wednesday to determine the cause of death for a 57-foot-long whale that was found dead in New York harbor over the weekend.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Buenos Aires Zoo is showing off its latest brood of white tigers - Bengal triplets with piercing blue eyes and a playful attitude.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has reserved three weeks this summer for trial involving a proposed tribal national park in southwestern South Dakota.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The U.S. Forest Service is urging those who are outdoors in North Carolina to be careful around bears.
GUNBARREL, Colorado - Two meatballs suspected of being poisoned have been sent to a laboratory at Colorado State University for chemical testing and another will be tested for human DNA after as many as three dogs were suspected of being poisoned at a Gunbarrel park.
YAKIMA, Washington - The Yakima City Council has approved an exemption to a ban on pit bull dogs in the city. They'll be allowed as service animals.
LOS ANGELES - Keenly following the scent of "African Cats" and "Chimpanzees," Disneynature's "Bears" combines sweeping vistas and remarkably intimate wildlife photography to typically stirring effect as it documents a year in the life of a mother Alaskan brown bear and her two cubs.
SEASIDE, Oregon - Visitors to the north Oregon coast town of Seaside are being cautioned to stay well away from the carcass of a 40-foot gray whale that's washing up on the beach.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A recent survey showing Wyoming's wolf population is stable proves ending federal protections for the animals and placing them under state management was the right move, Gov. Matt Mead said Tuesday.
SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut - The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is warning motorists in the Southington to be on the lookout for a moose on the loose.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - One of the 14 people charged in connection with a multi-state dog fighting investigation has filed notice that he plans to plead guilty.
MEXICO CITY - Camila celebrated her first birthday in a blue-and-white striped dress with tulle appliques, playing with her guests in a room decorated with pink balloons, lilacs and Hello Kitty posters.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The conviction of a Dillon County man whose dogs killed a 10-year-old boy should be reinstated, state prosecutors told the state Supreme Court Tuesday, saying a lower court was wrong to throw out the case over autopsy photographs.
HOUSTON - David Weede has not invited anyone to his house for more than a year because of the nose-stinging smell and the holes that rats have chewed through his walls and couch pillows.
TOKYO - Hundreds of pro-whaling Japanese officials, lawmakers and lobby group members vowed Tuesday to continue whale hunts despite a world court ruling that ordered the country to halt its Antarctic whaling program.
CLAYTON, Georgia - Black Diamond Tunnel sits just outside the city of Clayton in the northeast corner of Georgia.
PORTLAND, Oregon - More than a half century has passed since Packy the elephant's newsmaking birth at the Oregon Zoo. He's now a six-ton senior citizen and considered geriatric at age 52.
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio animal welfare staff members say a 26-pound tomcat faces a long road to recovery after his rescue from a neglectful home.
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada rancher said Monday he's trying to determine if federal agents damaged his cattle when the animals were rounded up then released in a showdown with angry protesters over a decades-long dispute about rangeland rights.