- New kitten moves to Churchill's estate Updated: Mar-10-14 2:53 pm
- Portland elephants like golf course sand Updated: Mar-10-14 12:32 pm
- Bill seeking more wolf study heads to committee Updated: Mar-10-14 10:49 am
- Hattiesburg Zoo acquires Sumatran tigers Updated: Mar-10-14 10:46 am
- Officials hope to release rehabilitated panther Updated: Mar-10-14 3:06 am
- Seminar on wildlife safety planned in Green River Updated: Mar-09-14 5:35 pm
- Cincinnati gorilla pregnant after 8-year lull Updated: Mar-09-14 2:25 pm
- Stuffed lions, giraffes among items at Neb auction Updated: Mar-08-14 7:58 pm
- Inquiry into wild-horse shooting uncovers no leads Updated: Mar-08-14 6:08 pm
- Washington state wolf population grows by 1 Updated: Mar-08-14 6:08 pm
- W.Va. Senate approves regulations for deer farming Updated: Mar-08-14 5:31 pm
- New Hampshire biologist says coyotes hunt more now Updated: Mar-08-14 2:57 pm
- Biologist: Vermont bats begin white nose recovery Updated: Mar-08-14 8:55 am
- Yellowstone: Bison slaughters done for the season Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 pm
- Man says he killed cougar to protect father Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- Tucson bighorn deaths draws criticism of project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 pm
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California Updated: Mar-07-14 7:22 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Hawaiian monk seal gets eye removed in surgery Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 pm
- Men plead guilty to luring, jumping on manatees Updated: Mar-07-14 3:53 pm
- Police investigate discovery of pony remains Updated: Mar-07-14 12:26 pm
- Teen using bats to fight West Nile virus Updated: Mar-07-14 10:53 am
- Jacksonville Zoo's tiger exhibit set to open Updated: Mar-07-14 6:38 am
- DNR: 2 men to be charged with illegal bear buys Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
LONDON - There is a new kitten at the Winston Churchill estate.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Not all sand is created equal. Just ask Lily, the Oregon Zoo's youngest elephant.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Opponents of Minnesota's wolf hunt will take their case to state lawmakers this week.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Two Sumatran tigers have gone on display at the Hattiesburg Zoo.
LABELLE, Florida - Wildlife officials hope to finally release an endangered Florida panther that was rehabilitated after a car crash.
CASPER, Wyoming - Wildlife officials are planning to hold a seminar aimed at increasing awareness and understanding of bears, mountain lions and wolves.
CINCINNATI - A gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo is pregnant in what would be the facility's first gorilla birth in nearly eight years.
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A safari-themed auction is drawing a lot of attention to the eastern Nebraska city of Columbus this weekend.
BEND, Oregon - Despite thousands of dollars in reward money and months of searching, an investigation into the shooting of six wild horses in central Oregon has come up dry.
SEATTLE - Washington's wildlife agency reported Saturday that its annual survey tallied 52 endangered gray wolves living in the state at the end of 2013, one more than in 2012. The count's results come as conservation groups urge the state to pull support from a federal effort to roll back protections for the predators.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Senate has approved measures to promote and regulate deer farming.
LANGDON, New Hampshire - A biologist in New Hampshire says he's getting a lot of calls about coyotes and warns people to keep their pets inside at night.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A biologist who has studied the decline in Vermont's bat populations since white nose syndrome started killing tens of thousands almost a decade ago says he thinks the worst of the epidemic is over and at least one affected species is beginning to recover.
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park ended shipments of wild bison to slaughter for the winter on Friday after almost 600 were removed in an effort to shrink the number of animals that cross into Montana during their annual winter migration.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to killing a cougar in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in December said he was defending his father, but state wildlife officials said Friday the animal posed no threat and was poached, its heart cooked and some of it eaten by the men.
State wildlife officials addressed critics of its sheep-relocation project Friday, saying the effort could still prove successful despite the deaths of more than a dozen bighorns north of Tucson.
SAN DIEGO - A California state lawmaker wants to ban SeaWorld from using killer whales in its San Diego shows.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
HONOLULU - Veterinarians have removed the infected eye of a young, underweight Hawaiian monk seal during surgery at the Honolulu Zoo.
ORLANDO, Florida - Two men have pleaded guilty to charges related to an online video that shows a man jumping on two manatees.
PLYMOUTH, Connecticut - Police in Plymouth are investigating the death of a pony after its dismembered remains were found in trash bags on the side of a road.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Seventeen-year-old Tyler Solis is helping the city of Kokomo protect the area bat population and curb the mosquito population at the same time.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A new, $9.5 million tiger exhibit is set to open Saturday at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
MIDLAND, Michigan - Two men from Midland have been arrested on charges of illegally buying Michigan black bears and bear parts.
FORT PIERCE, Florida - Federal officials have suspended a central Florida dolphin researcher for allegedly putting a sick dolphin in a resort community's swimming pool without permission.