- Helicopter, ATVs, horses used in search for missing man Updated: Nov-28-15 5:29 pm
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Searchers have been using a helicopter, ATVs and horses in the search for a missing college student in Monticello.
- Family, authorities search for missing Eufaula woman Updated: Nov-28-15 3:21 pm
EUFAULA, Oklahoma - Law enforcement and the family of a Eufaula woman who disappeared nearly two weeks ago say they haven't given up on finding the woman.
- The Latest: Wintry storm blamed for 4 more Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-28-15 2:41 pm
The latest on a band of storms causing wintry conditions in the nation's midsection (all times local):
- Coast Guard finds body believed to be missing Chilean man Updated: Nov-28-15 2:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The U.S. Coast Guard has found a body floating off Puerto Rico's northwest coast that officials believe to be a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Correction: Old Abduction-Meeting story Updated: Nov-28-15 9:03 am
PAYNESVILLE, Minnesota - In a story Nov. 27 about the parents of an abducted child organizing a community meeting, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Jacob Wetterling was abducted near Paynesville. He was abducted near his home in St. Joseph, which is about 20 miles from Paynesville.
- Body found in river between South Hadley and Holyoke Updated: Nov-27-15 8:06 pm
SOUTH HADLEY, Massachusetts - Police say a body has been found in the Connecticut River, under a bridge connecting Holyoke to South Hadley.
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found Updated: Nov-27-15 7:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man was charged Friday with child abuse after police responded to an armed disturbance that led them to discover human remains at a barn on his property.
- Foul play not suspected in death of southern Illinois woman Updated: Nov-27-15 6:38 pm
MARION, Illinois - Authorities in southern Illinois say foul play is not suspected in the death of a 22-year-old Murphysboro woman whose body was found by hunters in a national wildlife refuge.
- Body pulled from pond identified as Florida State student Updated: Nov-27-15 4:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Police say a body pulled from a pond near Florida State's main campus is a student who recently went missing.
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish girls Updated: Nov-27-15 10:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Federal prosecutors are seeking a maximum 580-year prison sentence for a man who sexually abused six children, including two Amish girls he kidnapped in northern New York.
- Crews search for missing man in upstate New York Updated: Nov-27-15 9:07 am
SARATOGA, New York - Authorities are searching for a man who went missing earlier this week near his upstate New York home.
- Remains found in Leland identified as missing teen Updated: Nov-27-15 7:34 am
BOLIVIA, North Carolina - The Brunswick County Sheriff's Office says remains found earlier this month in Leland are those of a Wilmington teen who has been missing since 2011.
- Vigil planned Monday for girl missing 16 years Updated: Nov-27-15 4:06 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A Middle Tennessee high school student who disappeared 16 years ago will be remembered Monday on her 33rd birthday.
- Dozens attend vigil for 3 young brothers missing since 2010 Updated: Nov-26-15 11:09 pm
MORENCI, Michigan - Dozens of people attended a candlelight ceremony in a southeast Michigan community for three brothers missing since the 2010 Thanksgiving holiday.
- Police in Nevada say 73-year-old woman is missing Updated: Nov-26-15 5:21 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - A 73-year-old woman is considered endangered by authorities who say she may have gone missing somewhere between Las Vegas and Lake Havasu.
- Authorities identify remains found in Carter County in July Updated: Nov-26-15 4:35 pm
ARDMORE, Oklahoma - Authorities say human remains found in a shallow grave in Carter County in July belong to a woman who was reported missing in January.
- Sisters found at ranch say they were home-schooled Updated: Nov-26-15 4:28 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - Some details have emerged about the lives of two Lakeville sisters who were found on a western Minnesota horse ranch more than two years after they disappeared from public view.
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Elizabeth Smart and families seek return of 3 missing people Updated: Nov-26-15 1:52 pm
SANDY, Utah - Elizabeth Smart and the families of three people who have gone missing from Utah at varying times and under different circumstances are asking the public for help.
- Volunteer divers recover body of missing canoeist Updated: Nov-26-15 1:39 am
EASTPORT, Maine - Volunteer divers with the Passamaquoddy Tribe have recovered the body of a missing canoeist.
- Remains found near Houston may be teen missing for 25 years Updated: Nov-25-15 8:23 pm
WHARTON, Texas - Authorities near Houston have uncovered the possible remains of a 15-year-old girl who was missing for 25 years, after the family of a suspect in her death came forward with a tip, sheriff's officials said Wednesday.
- Lawyer: Man accused of taking son in '02 to plead not guilty Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
CLEVELAND - The attorney for a Cleveland man accused of taking his 5-year-old son from the Alabama home of the boy's mother in 2002 and creating new identities says he will plead not guilty next week.
- Stenehjem says he doesn't endorse limits on drug informants Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says he doesn't favor a proposal that would limit law enforcement authorities from using college students as confidential informants in drug-related investigations.
- Missing couple, infant found safe in South Carolina Updated: Nov-25-15 10:00 am
OCALA, Florida - A missing central Florida couple and their infant son were found safe by authorities in South Carolina, authorities say.
- Body pulled from Willamette River identified Updated: Nov-25-15 5:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A body that was recovered from the Willamette River has been identified as that of a Portland man who had been reported missing.