- 7 dead, hundreds rescued and injured as quake rattles Taiwan Updated: Feb-06-16 3:51 am
TAINAN, Taiwan - Rescuers raced to find additional survivors after a powerful, shallow earthquake struck southern Taiwan before dawn Saturday and collapsed a high-rise residential complex, killing at least seven people and sending scores to hospitals.
- Chisago Lake man found guilty of murder for providing drugs Updated: Feb-05-16 8:20 pm
CENTER CITY, Minnesota - A Chisago County man was accused of giving cocaine to a woman who was missing for months has been found guilty of third-degree murder, but was acquitted of concealing her body.
- Body of boater who went missing on New Year's Eve found Updated: Feb-05-16 8:18 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Natural Resources Police say the body of a man who fell off a sailboat on New Year's Eve has been recovered.
- Florida man pleads guilty to manslaughter in toddler's death Updated: Feb-05-16 11:56 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - The man suspected of being involved in the death of a Florida toddler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on Friday, weeks after he led authorities to the child's remains and said the boy drowned in a bathtub while he and the mother had sex.
- Officials: Death of boy found near highway ruled a homicide Updated: Feb-05-16 7:16 am
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - Authorities say the death of a 5-year-old boy whose remains were found wrapped in a blanket and packed in a suitcase by the side of a Massachusetts highway has been ruled a homicide.
- Car of missing couple found in lake; 2 bodies inside Updated: Feb-04-16 5:09 pm
MIAMI - Police say a car found submerged in a South Florida lake with two people inside belongs to a couple who went missing over the weekend.
- Tortured Italian student died 'slow death': Egypt official Updated: Feb-04-16 5:09 pm
CAIRO - The body of an Italian graduate student who disappeared last month has been found with multiple stab wounds, cigarette burns and other signs of torture and a "slow death" on a roadside on the outskirts of Cairo, an Egyptian prosecutor said Thursday.
- Officials find missing work release offender Updated: Feb-04-16 11:07 am
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Delaware Department of Correction officials say they've found a Dover woman who failed to return from an authorized work pass.
- Parents: Drop wrongful-death judgment over missing NYC boy Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 pm
NEW YORK - After 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared in 1979, his father got a wrongful-death judgment against a prime suspect and sent the man a message each year: "What did you do to my little boy?"
- Murder charge upgraded in death of Redby woman Updated: Feb-03-16 7:47 pm
BEMIDJI, Minnesota - Prosecutors have charged a Bemidji man with intentionally killing his ex-girlfriend after an autopsy revealed she was strangled.
- Man convicted of killing woman loses bid for new trial Updated: Feb-03-16 4:46 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Lewiston man convicted in 2012 of killing a 22-year-old woman in her bathtub has lost his bid for a new trial.
- Italy urges Egypt to investigate fate of Italian student Updated: Feb-03-16 4:12 pm
MILAN - Italy has urged Egyptian authorities to launch a formal investigation into the fate of an Italian student who disappeared in the country on Jan. 25, the fifth anniversary of the uprising that overthrew longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak.
- New York real estate heir pleads guilty on weapons charge Updated: Feb-03-16 2:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New York real estate heir pleaded guilty in New Orleans on Wednesday to a weapons charge and agreed to an 85-month prison sentence, a move that could usher in his extradition to California to face murder charges.
- Man's body pulled from river channel near Harsens Island Updated: Feb-03-16 1:32 pm
HARSENS ISLAND, Michigan - A man's body has been pulled from the North Channel of the St. Clair River off Harsens Island, northeast of Detroit.
- Police identify bodies found in California woods decades ago Updated: Feb-03-16 12:52 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - Nearly 40 years after a Sacramento-area man found their bodies in the woods, California officials have identified the two teenagers they believe were victims of foul play.
- British earl suspected of murder 40 years ago declared dead Updated: Feb-03-16 10:45 am
LONDON - More than 40 years after a British aristocrat disappeared without trace in the hours after his children's nanny was bludgeoned to death and his wife was badly beaten, he was officially declared dead Wednesday, allowing his son to take his title.
- APNewsbreak: Missing reporter tells wife he's back in China Updated: Feb-03-16 8:52 am
BEIJING - The wife of a Chinese journalist who disappeared while seeking asylum abroad said she was able to speak to him by phone Wednesday and he told her he had voluntarily returned to China for investigation, but she believes he was forced back and spoke against his own will.
- Family upset over sign claiming missing teen was killed Updated: Feb-03-16 8:52 am
MONROE, Michigan - The family of a southeastern Michigan teen who went missing in 1996 is upset about a handwritten sign claiming he was killed that someone displayed at a downtown intersection.
- Sweetwater County officials search for missing hunters Updated: Feb-03-16 8:28 am
GREEN RIVER, Wyoming - Officials in Sweetwater County are searching for two Rock Springs men who went missing while on a rabbit hunting trip.
- Sentencing set for man who pleaded guilty in wife's death Updated: Feb-03-16 4:58 am
MOUNT HOLLY, New Jersey - Sentencing has been rescheduled for a New Jersey man who pleaded guilty in the death of his wife.
- Body of missing skier found buried in avalanche Updated: Feb-02-16 6:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say they have found the body of a missing Utah skier buried under three feet of snow from an avalanche in the backcountry outside Park City.
- Police ID missing teen who fell into ocean at Cape Kiwanda Updated: Feb-02-16 5:15 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon State Police identified a girl who has been missing since falling into the Pacific Ocean as 17-year-old Megan Owens.
- Judge says Spierer search warrants must remain sealed Updated: Feb-02-16 1:04 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A judge says information regarding search warrants connected to the 2011 disappearance of an Indiana University student need to remain sealed so the investigation won't be compromised.
- Philadelphia school on lockdown due to missing weapon Updated: Feb-02-16 11:16 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a high school in northeast Philadelphia is on lockdown after a school security officer reported a weapon missing from his car.
- Officials find body of 4-year-old missing in Statesville Updated: Feb-02-16 10:48 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - The body of a 4-year-old boy reported missing has been found in a nearby pond in Iredell County.