- Doctors Without Borders: 19 dead in Afghan clinic airstrike Updated: Oct-03-15 3:56 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Confusion reigned in the wake of the deadly bombing Saturday of a hospital compound in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz run by the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders, which killed at least 19 people and wounded dozens more. It remains unclear exactly who bombed the hospital and the charity has demanded an investigation into the incident.
- Parent: At least 4 Mainers aboard missing cargo ship Updated: Oct-03-15 3:15 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Four members of the crew of a cargo ship missing on hurricane-whipped seas are from Maine, according to the father of one man on board.
- Body found in lake identified as missing IU student Updated: Oct-03-15 2:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A body found floating in a Bloomington lake has been identified as that of a missing Indiana University student.
- Guatemala mudslide death toll reaches 30, more feared dead Updated: Oct-03-15 2:07 pm
SANTA CATARINA PINULA, Guatemala - Hundreds of rescue workers using shovels and pickaxes recovered four more bodies early Saturday in the wake of a hillside collapse above a group of homes on the outskirts of the Guatemalan capital. The death toll rose to 30 amid fears that hundreds more could still be buried in the rubble.
- FBI joins search for Ohio toddler reported missing by family Updated: Oct-03-15 1:45 pm
NORTH BLOOMFIELD, Ohio - A sheriff in northeastern Ohio says state and federal officers are joining in the search for a toddler whose family says the little girl wandered away while staying at her great-grandmother's house.
- Commission: Mexico needs special prosecutor for missing 43 Updated: Oct-02-15 9:29 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico needs to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case of 43 missing college students, whose fate remains a mystery a year after they disappeared at the hands of local police and a drug gang, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights said Friday.
- Aunt of 3-year-old East Texas boy arrested in his death Updated: Oct-02-15 8:24 pm
LUFKIN, Texas - A woman has been arrested in the August drowning of her 3-year-old nephew in an East Texas pond. That comes a month after her boyfriend was arrested in the death.
- Jesse Matthew Jr: 3 life prison terms for 2005 sex assault Updated: Oct-02-15 5:38 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - Jesse Matthew Jr., charged with the murders of college students Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, was sentenced Friday to life in prison for a sexual assault on a woman a decade ago in northern Virginia.
- Coast Guard suspends Lake Michigan search for 2 missing men Updated: Oct-01-15 9:29 pm
WYOMING, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended a search for two men reported overdue from a fishing trip on Lake Michigan.
- Defendant indicted in kidnapping initially deemed a hoax Updated: Oct-01-15 7:25 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal grand jury has indicted a disbarred attorney on a kidnapping charge in a California case that police initially dismissed as a hoax.
- Body found in Utah in 1978 identified as California woman Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say new DNA tests have identified the body of a California woman found at a central Utah reservoir nearly 40 years ago.
- Jamestown police recover body of missing Massachusetts man Updated: Oct-01-15 3:05 pm
JAMESTOWN, Rhode Island - Jamestown police they recovered the body of a Massachusetts man who had been fishing and was reported missing.
- DNA tests: Skull found in 1996 was that of slain Nevada boy Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - DNA tests have shown that a skull found at a Utah lake nearly two decades ago was that of a 4-year-old boy killed in Reno, Nevada, authorities said.
- FBI push for information in 2005 disappearance of couple Updated: Oct-01-15 1:48 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - Investigators have again turned to the public for help as they build on what they describe as new information found in the case of a couple who vanished from a Philadelphia bar a decade ago.
- Trial date set for man charged with killing missing sisters Updated: Oct-01-15 11:23 am
BEDFORD, Virginia - A trial is tentatively scheduled next month in Virginia for a convicted sex offender charged with murder in the 1975 disappearance of two sisters from a Maryland mall.
- FBI expands search for missing Bellevue boys Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 am
BELLEVUE, Washington - The FBI has expanded its search for two missing Bellevue boys to include Canada and Tijuana, Mexico, as well as southwestern states.
- School apologizes after autistic student wandered off campus Updated: Oct-01-15 3:15 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Florida school officials are apologizing to the parents of a student with autism after she went missing from school.
- Police: Man found dead at Kansas Historical Society Updated: Oct-01-15 2:42 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Police say a man who had been reported as possibly missing has been found dead at the Kansas Historical Society in Topeka.
- 7 charged in fatal July shootings of 2 Gary brothers Updated: Sep-30-15 4:51 pm
HOBART, Indiana - Seven people have been charged in the fatal July shootings of two Gary brothers that court records suggest were retaliation for a May shooting.
- Omaha police searching for woman missing after break-in Updated: Sep-30-15 4:43 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police are searching for an Omaha woman missing following a home invasion early Tuesday.
- Hartford mother missing, 4-year-old found wandering Updated: Sep-30-15 2:00 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are searching for a missing woman after a 4-year-old was found wandering the streets on Monday.
- Missing Texan, subject of Silver Alert, dies in SUV wreck Updated: Sep-30-15 1:45 pm
LUFKIN, Texas - A missing East Texas man who was the subject of a Silver Alert for medical reasons has died in a one-vehicle accident.
- Man sentenced to prison for helping hide slain woman's body Updated: Sep-30-15 11:23 am
DETROIT - A man who said he helped hide the body of a slain Detroit woman whose two children remain missing has been sentenced to prison.
- Murder trial set in Va. man's 1983 disappearance Updated: Sep-30-15 10:13 am
STAUNTON, Virginia - An 85-year-old Staunton man will go on trial on March 22 in the 1983 disappearance of another man.
- Police: Man accused of slaying woman had raped her before Updated: Sep-30-15 3:31 am
LAFAYETTE, Alabama - Authorities say that the man accused of raping and killing a Columbus, Georgia woman in July also raped her in December 2014.