- Volunteer divers recover body of missing canoeist Updated: Nov-26-15 1:39 am
EASTPORT, Maine - Volunteer divers with the Passamaquoddy Tribe have recovered the body of a missing canoeist.
- Remains found near Houston may be teen missing for 25 years Updated: Nov-25-15 8:23 pm
WHARTON, Texas - Authorities near Houston have uncovered the possible remains of a 15-year-old girl who was missing for 25 years, after the family of a suspect in her death came forward with a tip, sheriff's officials said Wednesday.
- Lawyer: Man accused of taking son in '02 to plead not guilty Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
CLEVELAND - The attorney for a Cleveland man accused of taking his 5-year-old son from the Alabama home of the boy's mother in 2002 and creating new identities says he will plead not guilty next week.
- Stenehjem says he doesn't endorse limits on drug informants Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says he doesn't favor a proposal that would limit law enforcement authorities from using college students as confidential informants in drug-related investigations.
- Missing couple, infant found safe in South Carolina Updated: Nov-25-15 10:00 am
OCALA, Florida - A missing central Florida couple and their infant son were found safe by authorities in South Carolina, authorities say.
- Body pulled from Willamette River identified Updated: Nov-25-15 5:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A body that was recovered from the Willamette River has been identified as that of a Portland man who had been reported missing.
- Report: Girl should have been reported missing earlier Updated: Nov-24-15 7:40 pm
BRADENTON, Florida - A state review has found that an 11-year-old girl whose body was found in a relative's freezer should have been reported missing a month before she actually was.
- Police confirm body on peak is missing St. George man Updated: Nov-24-15 6:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say they've confirmed that human remains found on a remote peak near Ogden belong to Joshua Easley, a St. George man who disappeared over a year ago.
- 3 arrested in connection to slain woman Updated: Nov-24-15 5:06 pm
CAMPBELLSBURG, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say remains found in a soybean field have been positively identified as a woman missing since last week.
- Body recovered from car in Rappahannock River Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Authorities say the body of a missing Bloxom man has been recovered from a car in the Rappahannock River.
- Son of man charged in girl's death back in Ky after arrest Updated: Nov-24-15 1:36 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The oldest son of a man charged with raping and killing a 7-year-old Kentucky girl whose body was found in a creek has been arrested for allegedly making threats to a small-town police department after his father was taken into custody.
- Oregon woman missing 6 cats after trailer burns down Updated: Nov-24-15 12:57 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - An Oregon woman is looking for six missing cats after her trailer was burned down.
- Family hires private investigator in boy's disappearance Updated: Nov-24-15 12:26 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - The family of a 2-year-old boy who went missing during a family camping trip nearly four months ago have retained a private investigations firm to help search.
- Bangladesh police investigate missing Japanese businesswoman Updated: Nov-24-15 9:29 am
NEW DELHI - Police in Bangladesh have opened a murder investigation in the disappearance of a Japanese businesswoman following reports that her body was buried in a graveyard under a false name.
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police Updated: Nov-24-15 12:05 am
TELOLOAPAN, Mexico - Carlos Sanchez lay in the backseat of a Honda sedan with his head in his wife's lap, an oxygen tube in his nose, IV in his arm and three bullets in his body. The 36-year-old taco vendor cried out in pain at every bump on the pitch-dark highway to the city of Iguala.
- Psychologist: Woman accused of nabbing tot is hallucinating Updated: Nov-23-15 11:17 pm
NEWBURYPORT, Massachusetts - A court psychologist says a Massachusetts woman charged with kidnapping a 2-year-old girl found naked and with her head shaved is hallucinating.
- Reward increased in search for Iowa man missing since 2013 Updated: Nov-23-15 4:27 pm
HAMPTON, Iowa - A reward in the search for a northern Iowa man missing since 2013 has been increased to $100,000.
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada Updated: Nov-23-15 3:50 pm
INDEPENDENCE, California - Searchers have located the body of a missing graduate student killed in an avalanche in the Sierra Nevada.
- More charges against mother of girls missing for 2 years Updated: Nov-23-15 12:18 pm
LAKEVILLE, Minnesota - Additional felony charges have been filed against the mother of two teenage girls from southeastern Minnesota accused of hiding the girls for more than two years.
- Charlottesville police chief announces retirement Updated: Nov-23-15 11:26 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo has announced his retirement.
- Gwinnett police search for missing teen along Yellow River Updated: Nov-23-15 2:16 am
LILBURN, Georgia - Gwinnett County officials are searching for a missing teen who was swept down a river.
- South Carolina woman's wheelchair goes missing for 12 hours Updated: Nov-22-15 3:43 pm
YORK, South Carolina - Police say a South Carolina woman's wheelchair went missing for 12 hours when it was taken for an apparent joyride.
- Man who had police chief's missing pistol gets probation Updated: Nov-22-15 1:00 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A man who had the Little Rock police chief's missing pistol when he was arrested in August has been sentenced to two years of probation.
- Maryland student who prompted closure of campus found dead Updated: Nov-21-15 7:35 pm
CHESTERTOWN, Maryland - A troubled student whose disappearance prompted the weeklong closure of the Washington College campus in Maryland was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on Saturday in Pennsylvania, police said.
- Father of 2 missing Minnesota girls 'ecstatic' they're found Updated: Nov-21-15 5:40 pm
LAKEVILLE, Minnesota - The father of two Minnesota girls found safe after being missing for more than two years says the family is "ecstatic" the teenagers are back home.