- Missouri lawmakers OK intervention in child-on-child abuse Updated: May-06-15 6:22 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A measure that would give the state's child protection office authority to investigate complaints of child abuse by other juveniles is now headed to Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's desk.
- Bentley: More than 1,000 state employees could lose jobs Updated: Apr-22-15 8:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama faces grim prospects unless it finds more revenue - including deep cuts to the courts, mental health services, benefits to poor children and the jobs of more than 1,000 state workers - Gov. Robert Bentley told lawmakers Tuesday.
- No one injured in day care bus fire in Monmouth County Updated: Apr-21-15 6:37 am
FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say a fire in a small bus used to transport children to a day care center in Monmouth County was electrical.
- AP Was There: Original AP report of Oklahoma bombing Updated: Apr-17-15 3:58 pm
EDITOR'S NOTE: On April 19, 1995, a former U.S. Army soldier parked a rented Ryder truck packed with explosives outside a federal building in Oklahoma City. The blast killed 168 people and injured more than 500 others, and the attack is the worst homegrown terror attack on American soil.
- At NC town hall, Obama says working families deserve support Updated: Apr-15-15 9:16 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Helping working families get quality child care is a good investment in the country's overall economic health, President Barack Obama told an audience gathered Wednesday in downtown Charlotte.
- Australia to withhold payments from parents against vaccine Updated: Apr-14-15 1:04 am
CANBERRA, Australia - The Australian government has ramped up pressure on parents who oppose vaccination by threatening to withhold child care and other payments from families that fail to immunize their children.