- Court order didn't stop man in murder-suicide at daycare Updated: May-06-16 7:46 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - A man who killed his wife, wounded their two children and shot himself dead outside a North Las Vegas preschool Thursday had been banned by a judge from approaching his family, authorities said.
- The Latest: Court order didn't stop man in murder-suicide Updated: May-06-16 7:10 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - The Latest on a shooting at a Las Vegas-area day care center that left two adults dead and two young children wounded (all times local):
- Immigrant family detention center granted child-care license Updated: May-03-16 6:07 pm
HOUSTON - One of the nation's largest detention centers for families caught crossing the southern U.S. border has received a temporary residential child-care license, amid discussions over whether the federal government will keep using such facilities.
- New Mexico says more families eligible for child care help Updated: Apr-21-16 6:42 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has launched a push to get more eligible families to apply for federally-funded child care assistance and announced Thursday the state will expand eligibility requirements until late May
- Daycare license revoked after 4 toddlers found in street Updated: Apr-19-16 4:45 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State officials have revoked the license of a St. Tammany Parish daycare after four toddlers wandered onto a busy street.
- Correction: Illinois-Vaccine Exemption story Updated: Apr-13-16 1:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story April 12 about child vaccinations, The Associated Press, relying on incorrect information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health, erroneously reported requirements for parents who object to having their children vaccinated on religious grounds. They must submit a "certificate of religious exemption" for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade, and also those who are enrolling in a new school or child care facility.
- Infant dies at Indianapolis daycare where 1 watched 36 kids Updated: Apr-07-16 3:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A 10-month-old girl strapped into a car seat died at a child-care ministry where one worker was responsible for 36 children, authorities said Thursday.