- NYC to require flu shots for 150,000 children Updated: Dec-11-13 5:39 pm
- Daycare kids escape small mobile home fire Updated: Dec-09-13 4:15 pm
- Guilty plea in day care gun incident in Maine Updated: Dec-03-13 5:57 pm
- Woman who ran day care center sentenced, sued Updated: Nov-26-13 9:43 pm
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Nov-26-13 12:10 pm
- Va. child-care workers charged with cruelty Updated: Nov-25-13 11:04 am
- Grimes calls for additional child care tax breaks Updated: Nov-22-13 3:31 pm
- NJ grants for Sandy-affected child care programs Updated: Nov-22-13 2:40 pm
- Indiana lawmakers proposing new day care rules Updated: Nov-20-13 6:58 pm
- Family sues Va day-care center over son's death Updated: Nov-19-13 11:04 am
- Reimbursement for Wis. child care falling behind Updated: Nov-18-13 11:56 am
- Correction: Day Care-Child Dies story Updated: Nov-15-13 1:22 pm
- Daycare sexual assault defendant pleads guilty Updated: Nov-13-13 11:52 am
NEW YORK - New York City soon will require young children who go to preschool or day care to get the flu vaccine.
WEST FARGO, North Dakota - A caregiver and seven children escaped a small fire in a West Fargo mobile home daycare.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The father of a 4-year-old boy who brought a loaded gun to day care has pleaded guilty to reckless conduct.
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A woman who ran a day care center in an affluent Indianapolis suburb was sentenced Tuesday to 2½ years in jail in the death of a 5-month-old boy.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Times, Munster. Nov. 26, 2013.
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - Prince William County police have charged two former teachers at a Woodbridge child-care center accused of cruel treatment of toddlers.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, pushing to make gender an issue in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race, called Friday for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care services for working women.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Christie Administration says $2.5 million in grants are being given to child care-related programs and families impacted by Superstorm Sandy.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana day cares that receive federal money would face new requirements for training and staff-to-child ratios under bills three lawmakers plan to introduce in the next legislative session.
PULASKI, Virginia - A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against a Virginia day-care center where a wooden storage box fell on a 6-year-old boy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin program that helps low-income parents with child care payments hasn't kept up with the current cost of living, according to a new analysis.
DURHAM, North Carolina - In a story Nov. 14 about an investigation into the death of a child in Durham, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the child attended a day care. The 5-year-old child attended kindergarten at Mount Zion Christian Academy.
RHINELANDER, Wisconsin - A Crandon man charged with sexually assaulting children who were in the care of his mother has reached a plea agreement with prosecutors in Forest County.