- Al-Qaida militants battle each other in southern Yemen Updated: Feb-08-16 9:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - Al-Qaida militants battled each other on Monday in a southern Yemeni city controlled by the group, in what appeared to be an internal power struggle that erupted after a senior militant was killed in a U.S. drone strike.
- $10M government drone for being flight tested in San Angelo Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 pm
SAN ANGELO, Texas - A West Texas commercial airport is being used to test a $10 million government drone meant for border security.
- NYC police say drone hits Empire State Building Updated: Feb-05-16 7:44 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
- 2nd suspect pleads guilty to minor counts over prison drone Updated: Feb-04-16 3:20 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - The second of three men accused of plotting to use a drone to fly drugs, pornography and other contraband into a maximum-security state prison pleaded guilty Thursday to three misdemeanors involving tobacco, rolling papers and a cellphone.
- Nigerian Air Force: Drone bombs Boko Haram base Updated: Feb-03-16 12:46 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The Nigerian Air Force says a drone bombed a Boko Haram logistics base in the northeast, possibly hitting an ammunition depot and dealing a "major setback" to the Islamic extremists.
- Turkish media say drone crashes near air base Updated: Feb-03-16 9:21 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A U.S. Predator drone crashed in southern Turkey on Wednesday, apparently because of a mechanical failure, an Air Force spokeswoman said. No injuries were reported.
- Eagles vs Drones: Dutch police eye birds to prey on drones Updated: Feb-02-16 10:34 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - It may sound like a flight of fancy, but Dutch police are considering using birds of prey to swoop down and pluck rogue drones out of the sky.
- Hawaii bill would ban police drone use without a warrant Updated: Feb-01-16 5:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have introduced a bill that would ban police from using drones to gather evidence without a warrant.
- Report: US and UK spied on Israeli drones for years Updated: Jan-29-16 5:31 am
JERUSALEM - U.S and British intelligence cracked the codes of Israeli drones operating in the Middle East and monitored their surveillance feeds for almost 20 years, according to documents leaked by an American whistleblower and published in international media on Friday.
- 2 men charged in separate drone flights in Los Angeles Updated: Jan-21-16 7:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two men accused of flying drones near police and hospital heliports are the first to be charged under a new Los Angeles ordinance.
- IS acknowledges death of 'Jihadi John' in magazine Updated: Jan-19-16 9:42 pm
NEW YORK - The Islamic State group has acknowledged the death of the masked militant known as "Jihadi John," who appeared in several videos depicting the beheadings of Western hostages, in an article in its online English-language magazine Dabiq.
- S. Korea fires warning shots after North Korean drone seen Updated: Jan-13-16 8:14 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Wednesday fired 20 machine gun warning shots after a North Korean drone briefly crossed the rivals' border, officials said, the first shots fired in a Cold War-style standoff between the Koreas in the wake of the North's nuclear test last week.