- US officials: drone targeted embassy plot leader Updated: Dec-20-13 4:29 pm
- NY search suspended for missing military drone Updated: Dec-18-13 1:55 pm
- Correction: Drones in Agriculture story Updated: Dec-16-13 4:01 pm
- Okla. seeks to be target for drone payload Updated: Dec-15-13 12:58 pm
- Aviation schools prepare for boom in drone jobs Updated: Dec-12-13 1:19 am
- Hagel warns Pakistan leaders over border protests Updated: Dec-09-13 1:08 pm
- 5 drones being built for NATO Updated: Dec-04-13 8:14 am
- US stops shipping from Afghanistan during protests Updated: Dec-03-13 6:02 pm
- Pakistani activists accuse outed US spy of murder Updated: Nov-27-13 5:42 pm
- Clock ticks on authority for Guantanamo detention Updated: Nov-23-13 12:04 pm
- Media: Chinese stealth drone takes 1st test flight Updated: Nov-22-13 7:55 am
- Malfunctioning drone leaves hole in Navy ship Updated: Nov-19-13 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. and Yemeni officials said Friday that the target of a Dec. 12th drone strike in Yemen was the ringleader behind the summer plot that shuttered 19 diplomatic posts across Africa and the Mideast. But he was only wounded, and escaped, while up to a dozen others were killed.
OSWEGO, New York - New York National Guard officials say U.S. Navy divers have suspended their search for an unmanned military aircraft that crashed into Lake Ontario last month.
PORTLAND, Oregon - In a story Dec. 14 about a growing interest in the use of drones for agriculture, The Associated Press reported erroneously which school's researchers flew drones this summer over potato fields to monitor for disease. The drones were flown by Oregon State University researchers, not the University of Oregon.
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Whether it's in the skies above Oklahoma State University or the Fort Sill Army Post in the southwest part of the state, unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly called drones, are becoming more commonplace over Oklahoma as the state positions itself to become a hotbed for this booming sector of the aerospace industry.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two student pilots are seated shoulder to shoulder before a bank of video monitors, maneuvering an unmanned aircraft by keyboard and mouse as the drone descends toward a virtual runway in a suburban landscape.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warned Pakistani leaders Monday that if they don't resolve protests stalling some military shipments across the border with Afghanistan, it could be difficult to maintain political support in Washington for an aid program that has sent billions of dollars to Islamabad, defense officials said.
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - Northrup Grumman Corp. has started work on five drones to be delivered to NATO.
WASHINGTON - The United States said Tuesday it had stopped shipments of military equipment out of Afghanistan, citing the risk to truckers from protests along part of the route in neighboring Pakistan.
ISLAMABAD - Rising anger over deadly drone attacks spurred a Pakistani political party Wednesday to reveal the secret identity of what it said was the top U.S. spy in the country. It demanded he be tried for murder, another blow to already jagged relations between the two nations.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - A persistent knock came from inside the heavy, locked cell door.
BEIJING - China's first unmanned stealth drone made its first test flight in the latest advance for the domestic arms industry, state media reported Friday.
SAN DIEGO - A Navy official says a malfunctioning drone left a hole in a Navy guided missile cruiser and caused internal damage after it struck the ship during a weekend exercise off the Southern California coast.