- About 40 soldiers returning to Alaska after deployment Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 pm
JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON, Alaska - Some Alaska soldiers are coming home after a nine-month deployment to Kuwait.
- Japan plans to deploy troops near disputed islands Updated: Nov-26-15 4:08 am
TOKYO - Japan's deputy defense minister met with the mayor of a southern island Thursday to seek his support for the planned deployment of hundreds of troops in the region including nearby disputed East China Sea islands.
- Bush and Clinton seek to grab leadership mantle after Paris Updated: Nov-20-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign that has suddenly shifted in focus to terrorism and security, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush both see opportunities to cast themselves as best prepared to be commander in chief in tumultuous times.
- Moline alderman to deploy to Kuwait for work in Army Updated: Nov-19-15 1:52 pm
MOLINE, Illinois - A Moline alderman who will be deployed to Kuwait for six months with the U.S. Army says he'll still be available to serve his constituents back home.
- Bush calls for US ground forces to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-18-15 2:42 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush on Wednesday called for the U.S. to send more troops to the Middle East to fight the Islamic State.
- US deploys 6 F-15 fighter jets to Turkish air base Updated: Nov-06-15 10:24 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The U.S. military on Friday deployed six F-15C fighter jets to Turkey's southern Incirlik air base to help defend Turkish airspace against potential intruders.
- AP-GfK Poll: Americans souring on Obama's Islamic State plan Updated: Nov-05-15 10:56 am
WASHINGTON - Americans are souring on President Barack Obama's approach to fighting the Islamic State, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that also found deep pessimism about U.S. prospects for success in Afghanistan and uncertainty about Obama's plan to leave thousands of troops there when he leaves office.