- Pizzas to be served to troops in Afghanistan for 4th of July Updated: Jul-04-15 8:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - Nearly 10,000 American troops overseas are getting a slice of American pie for Independence Day.
- NATO approves military upgrades to aid members of alliance Updated: Jun-24-15 3:26 pm
BRUSSELS - Rejecting charges of engaging in a Cold War-style arms race with Russia, the U.S. and its NATO allies approved military upgrades Wednesday that should help them come to the aid of a threatened alliance member faster, with better equipment and more firepower.
- Concerns for kingfisher delay Guam military buildup plan Updated: Jun-19-15 9:04 am
HAGATNA, Guam - The final supplemental environmental impact statement for a military buildup on Guam has been promised for this summer, but concerns about the Micronesian kingfisher are delaying the report.
- Iraq still in disarray 1 year after Islamic State took Mosul Updated: Jun-10-15 1:09 pm
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group gave only three options for the soldiers and police officers guarding Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, when they neared it a year ago: Repent, run or die.
- Britain to send 125 more troops to Iraq in fight against IS Updated: Jun-07-15 12:59 pm
LONDON - Prime Minister David Cameron says Britain will send 125 more troops to Iraq to train local forces fighting the Islamic State group.
- US might deploy missiles in Europe to counter Russia Updated: Jun-04-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is weighing a range of aggressive responses to Russia's alleged violation of a Cold War-era nuclear treaty, including deploying land-based missiles in Europe that could pre-emptively destroy the Russian weapons.