- Spain approves increase in US rapid reaction force Updated: Mar-07-14 9:41 am
- Ohio National Guard soldiers return from Kuwait Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 am
- Fort Wainwright soldiers to deploy to Afghanistan Updated: Feb-28-14 1:13 pm
- South Bend mayor set for Afghanistan deployment Updated: Feb-24-14 11:16 am
- EU plans March deployment of CAR peacekeepers Updated: Feb-21-14 7:41 am
- UN urges reinforcements for CAfrican Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 5:57 pm
- French-German brigade to train troops in Mali Updated: Feb-19-14 12:34 pm
- NY Guard chief visits troops serving in Kuwait Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 am
- NC-based Marines depart for 8-month deployment Updated: Feb-07-14 4:01 am
MADRID - Spain's government has authorized an increase in a temporary force of U.S. marines and aircraft based at a southwestern Spanish air base as part of a rapid reaction force to deal with crises in Africa.
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - The Ohio Army National Guard is welcoming home about 260 soldiers returning from deployment in Kuwait at a ceremony in southwestern Ohio.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - More than 400 Fort Wainwright soldiers are preparing for a deployment to Afghanistan.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The mayor of South Bend is making his final preparations before leaving the city for a seven-month military deployment to Afghanistan.
ATHENS, Greece - European Union defense ministers say EU peacekeepers are expected to arrive in the Central African Republic in early March to help stop the sectarian violence that has claimed more than 1,000 lives and forced nearly 1 million people to flee.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Thursday for the rapid deployment of at least 3,000 additional troops and police to conflict-wracked Central African Republic to prevent further religious killings that have forced almost one million people to flee their homes and are partitioning the country into Muslim and Christian areas.
PARIS - For the first time since the start of World War I, a French-German brigade will be deployed to Africa, to help train soldiers and police in Mali in the aftermath of France's intervention to uproot Islamic extremists there.
ALBANY, New York - The head of the New York National Guard has wrapped up a visit to troops from the Empire State serving in the Persian Gulf.
MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina - About 2,400 Marines and sailors with the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit are leaving North Carolina for an eight-month deployment in the Mediterranean, Persian Gulf and waters off northeastern Africa.