- Six-foot alligator attacks horse in Odessa pasture Updated: May-29-15 5:41 am
ODESSA, Florida - Authorities say a six-foot alligator attacked and injured a horse in a Tampa Bay-area pasture.
- Crocodiles born in Sweden to be released in Cuban swamp Updated: May-27-15 7:17 pm
HAVANA - Ten young female crocodiles born in Sweden are to be released in their parents' former swampy home in Cuba after being returned to the Caribbean island.
- Man acquitted of animal cruelty for blowing pot smoke Updated: May-27-15 7:15 pm
CHICAGO - A judge has acquitted a Chicago man of animal cruelty charges filed after the man posted a video of himself smoking marijuana with a chameleon.
- Rocky, a 6-foot alligator, gets a new home in Massachusetts Updated: May-27-15 4:02 pm
HAUPPAUGE, New York - A 6-foot alligator named Rocky has gotten a new home after his owner decided he was too big to handle.
- Rare spider tortoise hatches at the National Zoo in DC Updated: May-23-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Zoo says for the first time a rare spider tortoise has hatched at its Reptile Discovery Center.
- World record American alligator on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 9:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Mandy Stokes was wearing pearls the night she caught a monster on the Alabama River.
- Recalls this week: booster seats, gas ranges, crossbows Updated: May-22-15 4:48 pm
A line of children's booster seats with potentially faulty safety straps are among this week's recalled consumer products. Others include several types of gas ranges with defects that can cause burn or fire hazards.
- Record gator going on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 5:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Wildlife officials are unveiling a unique hunting trophy in Montgomery: The largest American alligator ever killed in the wild.
- SeaWorld rescue team returns 3 sea turtles to ocean Updated: May-21-15 5:47 am
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Three rare Kemp's ridley sea turtles are back in the ocean months after being rescued during a stranding along the Massachusetts coastline.
- Crews fighting fire in Alligator River Wildlife Refuge Updated: May-20-15 11:29 am
EAST LAKE, North Carolina - Federal and state fire crews are battling a wildfire at the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge across from Manteo on the mainline side of the Outer Banks.
- 3 caimans, the largest 6 feet, found at Kansas City home Updated: May-20-15 11:23 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities say three large reptiles that are similar to alligators have been found at a Kansas City home.
- Rocky Brands recalls 'snake proof' boots that might not be Updated: May-19-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - Safety regulators say Ohio-based Rocky Brands is recalling 1,800 pair of "snake proof" hunting boots because their snake bite protection could fail.
- Animal control officers seize Peoria man's pet alligator Updated: May-15-15 9:56 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Animal control officers have seized a pet alligator from a Peoria man's home.
- Jekyll Island celebrates start of sea turtle nesting season Updated: May-15-15 3:36 am
JEKYLL ISLAND, Georgia - Jekyll Island is celebrating the start of the sea turtle nesting season this weekend with a series of races and a family festival.
- Cats, dogs, squirrel and tortoise taken from coastal GA home Updated: May-14-15 4:31 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in coastal Georgia say they're investigating a couple that had been keeping dogs, cats, a squirrel and a tortoise in their house.
- 6 sea turtles being released on SC coast Updated: May-14-15 10:35 am
ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina - The South Carolina Aquarium is releasing six sea turtles that have been rehabilitated at the aquarium's Sea Turtle Hospital.
- First sea turtle nests of the season reported in SC Updated: May-13-15 1:17 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The first sea turtle nests of the season have been found on South Carolina beaches.
- Largest new exhibit in SC Aquarium's 15 years opens Saturday Updated: May-10-15 11:37 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The largest exhibit added to the South Carolina Aquarium since it opened 15 years ago allows visitors to come face-to-face, and finger-to-fin, with sharks and stingrays.
- Michigan man builds haven for rescued alligators Updated: May-08-15 4:13 am
ATHENS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - At 9 feet long and around 350 pounds, the alligator known as Godzilla lives up to his name: A body plated with pointed, armor-like scales known as scutes. Massive jaws that hold up to 80 sharp teeth and snap shut on reflex. A powerful tail.
- Texas game wardens investigate killing of 11-foot alligator Updated: May-07-15 1:39 pm
HARKER HEIGHTS, Texas - Game wardens are investigating the killing of an 11-foot alligator along the Lampasas (lam-PA'-sis) River.
- Tortoises moved into new Atlanta zoo habitat Updated: May-07-15 4:19 am
ATLANTA - Zoo Atlanta officials say a tortoise estimated to be more than 100 years old is getting used to his new habitat.
- Rehabilitated manatee returns to wild Updated: May-07-15 3:04 am
ORLANDO, Florida - SeaWorld Orlando's animal rescue team has returned a manatee and four green sea turtles to the wild after rehabilitating them.
- Shore students hope to speed up turtle protection bill Updated: May-04-15 3:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Students from a Jersey shore environmental science school helped get lawmakers to speed up action on a turtle protection bill that had been moving as slowly as, well, a turtle.
- Aquarium, deputies rescue giant leatherback turtle Updated: May-02-15 3:05 am
CLEARWATER, Florida - Employees at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Pinellas County deputies rescued a several-hundred pound leatherback sea turtle that was tangled in a crab trap.
- Oldest captive alligator in world dies at Honolulu Zoo Updated: May-01-15 11:11 am
HONOLULU - After lounging in the Honolulu Zoo for more than 60 years, Goliath, the oldest alligator in captivity has died.