- Nebraska attorney general diagnosed with cancer Updated: Dec-11-13 1:17 pm
- Jury awards $50M after test misses birth defect Updated: Dec-10-13 5:48 pm
- Study says many lung cancer tumors prove harmless Updated: Dec-09-13 4:39 pm
- Topeka high school tests hair for drugs Updated: Dec-09-13 9:47 am
- Face transplants thriving 2 years after operations Updated: Dec-04-13 3:20 pm
- Lawsuit: Patients tested for HIV without consent Updated: Nov-30-13 3:05 pm
- Nuke lab works on liquids scanner for airport use Updated: Nov-28-13 1:59 pm
- FDA tells 23andMe to halt sales of genetic test Updated: Nov-25-13 3:21 pm
- $200M manufacturing project planned near Lansing Updated: Nov-21-13 6:15 pm
- High court won't hear Okla. ultrasound case Updated: Nov-12-13 2:17 pm
- High court won't hear Okla. ultrasound case Updated: Nov-12-13 2:00 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning disclosed Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with colon cancer, but he said he was optimistic that a surgery scheduled for Thursday would remove the cancer.
SEATTLE - Lawyers say a King County jury has awarded $50 million to a Burien couple whose son was born with profound mental and physical disabilities after a hospital and lab failed to detect his genetic abnormalities.
CHICAGO - Harmless lung cancer? A provocative study found that nearly 1 in 5 lung tumors detected on CT scans are probably so slow-growing that they would never cause problems.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Catholic high school in Topeka has been randomly testing students' hair to determine if the students have been using drugs.
CHICAGO - The nation's first full face transplant patients are growing into their new appearances - literally.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two Oregon residents have sued a health care provider that screened them for HIV without their permission.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Scientists at the Los Alamos National Laboratory are working to perfect a technology that could eliminate the need for travelers to toss their liquids when they go through airport security.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration has ordered Google-backed genetic test maker 23andMe to halt sales of its personalized DNA test kits, saying the company has failed to show that the technology is supported by science.
DEWITT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A roughly $200 million manufacturing project near Lansing's airport is planned to produce radioisotopes used in medical imaging and is expected to create dozens of jobs, officials said.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is declining to revive Oklahoma's strict ultrasound law for women seeking abortions.
OKLAHOMA CITY - For the second time in two weeks, the U.S. Supreme Court is letting stand a ruling by Oklahoma's Supreme Court striking down a law intended to further restrict abortions.