- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- Analysis: Can't do taxes? Lawmakers weigh fees to fill gaps Updated: Apr-24-16 8:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Prohibitions against considering taxes in the current legislative session haven't slowed all efforts to raise revenue to patch together next year's budget.
- Poland buries remains of World War II resistance commander Updated: Apr-24-16 4:12 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president and government ministers attended the state burial Sunday of a World War II resistance commander and communist regime victim whose remains were found in a hidden mass grave.
- Funeral officials: Halt of Illinois program leads to stress Updated: Apr-22-16 1:30 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Funeral directors say the current stalemate over Illinois' budget has meant more stress for low-income families who have lost loved ones.
- Chilean ex-President Aylwin dies; led return to democracy Updated: Apr-19-16 1:11 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Patricio Aylwin, a lanky law professor who played a decisive role in restoring Chile's democracy after 17 years of brutal dictatorship and was later elected president, died on Tuesday. He was 97.