- Jimmy Carter hopeful for Guinea worm eradication in Africa Updated: Feb-03-16 7:31 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Former US President Jimmy Carter says that Guinea worm disease may soon be eradicated, which would be the most exciting accomplishment of his career, although progress is hampered by ongoing conflict in Mali and South Sudan.
- Wake Forest discussion looks at Medicaid expansion prospects Updated: Jan-25-16 5:06 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Representatives from think tanks, interest groups, the General Assembly and health industry CEOs are talking about the future of Medicaid expansion in North Carolina.
- South Carolina group lauds African-American leaders Updated: Jan-22-16 9:27 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina African American Heritage Foundation has chosen a group of the state's citizens to honor for their contribution to the culture and history of the state.
- German think tank pulling out of Egypt over restrictions Updated: Jan-20-16 6:59 am
BERLIN - A well-known German think tank says it is moving its Mideast operations out of Egypt, maintaining that ever-stricter government restrictions have made it impossible to carry out its work.
- Report calls for investments to grow state's economy Updated: Jan-19-16 6:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Brookings Institution report has recommended that businesses, government and other entities in Rhode Island invest in several industries to grow the state's economy.
- Providence ranks among top 5 cities for income inequality Updated: Jan-15-16 6:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence had one of the largest income gaps in the country in 2014, according to Census data analyzed by the Brookings Institution.
- New Mexico medical college to open border health institute Updated: Jan-15-16 10:45 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico's first private medical college will include a think tank focused on health at the U.S.-Mexico border.