- Ex-U of Illinois chairman leads new progressive think tank Updated: Apr-30-15 4:20 pm
CHICAGO - Former University of Illinois trustees Chairman Christopher Kennedy will lead a new Chicago think tank that plans to promote progressive public policy in the state.
- Bond fund giant Pimco hires Bernanke as adviser Updated: Apr-29-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Pimco has hired former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke as a senior adviser, the bond fund manager said Wednesday.
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission Updated: Apr-26-15 12:07 pm
ATLANTA - Dozens of trips to monitor elections abroad have left former President Jimmy Carter hopeful about the future of many countries adopting democracy but concerned about the election process in the U.S.
- For next president, a way out of the health care fights? Updated: Apr-19-15 8:18 am
WASHINGTON - Republican or Democrat, the next president will have the chance to remake the nation's health care overhaul without fighting Congress.
- Carter Center to observe Guyanese election Updated: Apr-17-15 4:35 am
ATLANTA - Carter Center officials say they're planning to monitor upcoming elections in a South American nation.
- Leader of Bureau of Governmental Research stepping down Updated: Apr-17-15 4:07 am
NEW ORLEANS - The longtime leader of a New Orleans-based government watchdog group is stepping down after 14 years.
- High tech hopes: Can Bloomington's tech park succeed? Updated: Apr-10-15 10:57 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Google probably won't open its next satellite campus in Bloomington. But city officials say the idea of a tech giant moving into town isn't as outlandish as it might seem.