- US: NKorea 'many years' from developing submarine missile Updated: May-19-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - North Korea is "many years" away from being able to launch ballistic missiles from a submarine but that capability could eventually pose a threat to U.S. allies Japan and South Korea, a top U.S. military officer said Tuesday.
- Rubio tax plan shows challenge of GOP wage-stagnation fight Updated: May-07-15 5:35 pm
DENVER - In the traffic jam that is the Republican presidential race, Sen. Marco Rubio stands out - and not just for his youth and blue-collar, Cuban-American biography.
- Ex-U of Illinois chairman leads new progressive think tank Updated: Apr-30-15 4:20 pm
CHICAGO - Former University of Illinois trustees Chairman Christopher Kennedy will lead a new Chicago think tank that plans to promote progressive public policy in the state.
- Bond fund giant Pimco hires Bernanke as adviser Updated: Apr-29-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Pimco has hired former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke as a senior adviser, the bond fund manager said Wednesday.
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission Updated: Apr-26-15 12:07 pm
ATLANTA - Dozens of trips to monitor elections abroad have left former President Jimmy Carter hopeful about the future of many countries adopting democracy but concerned about the election process in the U.S.