- New York State Fair has a new mobile app Updated: Aug-29-15 12:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York State Fair has a new mobile app.
- Sharks, skateboards, survival debut on Discovery VR network Updated: Aug-27-15 12:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Discovery is unleashing the first videos for its virtual reality network, Discovery VR, a fledgling service that is testing the limits and capabilities of the immersive format.
- Angry Birds maker Rovio plans layoffs in restructuring Updated: Aug-26-15 12:31 pm
HELSINKI - Popular mobile games maker Rovio Entertainment said Wednesday it plans to lay off up to 260 people, or about a third of its workforce, because the company took on "too many things" during the past few years.
- Ex-Tennessee player's rape trial delayed until next month Updated: Aug-24-15 4:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee cornerback Michael Williams' rape trial has been delayed until next month.
- Bleisure Bits: Apps make use of downtime on business trip Updated: Aug-13-15 11:25 am
One way to make the most of limited downtime when you're traveling is to load your phone with mobile apps and get comfortable using them.
- McDonald's begins rollout of mobile app Updated: Aug-11-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - McDonald's has started rolling out its new mobile app in the U.S., and one of the main features is a loyalty program for the chain's drinks.
- Review: 'Her Story,' 'Contradiction' revive motion games Updated: Aug-11-15 8:49 am
For a brief moment in their pixelated history, video games actually featured video.
- Balancing act for fun, fairness in Nevada's skill-game rules Updated: Aug-07-15 5:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - The complicated road to put arcade-style video games in Nevada's casinos include drafting regulations to ensure players know what they're getting into at the outset and that rules don't change mid-game.
- Review: Stand-alone gadgets trump all-in-one devices Updated: Aug-05-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - When Apple announced new iPod music players a few weeks ago, many people asked why anyone would need iPods when smartphones can play music and more. I had that question myself - until I remembered I've been carrying an iPod almost every day, mostly for my runs.
- US wildlife agency says app can help log endangered species Updated: Aug-03-15 11:01 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - U.S. wildlife officials want smartphone-owning outdoor lovers to use a downloaded app to report any endangered species they see in the wilderness.
- More online, more on mobile: advertising executive to IOC Updated: Aug-02-15 5:32 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A leading advertising executive told the IOC on Sunday that the Olympic body needs to stay relevant with the younger generation and concentrate more of its content on the Internet and via mobile devices.