- Chinese using carpooling apps to get ride home for holidays Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 am
SHANGHAI - The hundreds of millions of Chinese heading home for Lunar New Year have a relatively new travel option this year: mobile apps to find carpool partners to share costs in what is a novel concept for most Chinese.
- Cellphone video shows Somalia flight after explosion Updated: Feb-03-16 9:33 am
JOHANNESBURG - The cellphone video pans from passengers, some wearing oxygen masks, in seats toward the back of the airliner in flight, and then swivels to the empty front area with a hole in the side of the cabin, the result of an explosion soon after takeoff from Somalia's capital.
- Official: 2 people dead following small plane crash Updated: Feb-02-16 6:49 am
MOBILE, Alabama - Two people have died after a small plane crashed near Mobile Regional Airport.
- Review: Going offline with Google Maps Updated: Jan-28-16 2:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - I knew I wouldn't get real-time traffic information and other features when I opted to rely solely on Google's offline mapping capabilities for a week in and around Disney World near Orlando, Florida. In fact, Google Maps gave me trouble the moment I tried to leave the airport parking lot.
- Texas sex offender gets 15 years for child pornography Updated: Jan-27-16 7:38 am
GARLAND, Texas - A registered sex offender from Garland has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for possessing hundreds of child pornography images.
- Owner of Mobile yoga studio believes yoga is for every body Updated: Jan-23-16 12:14 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - It was standing-room only on Monday night at Shoshana Treichel's new Above and Beyond Hot Yoga studio, where more than 100 people packed into the space on Hillcrest Road in west Mobile for the grand opening. Though she's only lived in Mobile for about a year and a half, Shoshana has inspired a lot of excitement among the normally calm yoga community.
- Apple to open apps center in Naples; CEO Cook meets Renzi Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
ROME - Apple has chosen Naples, Italy, to establish Europe's first iOS App Development Center.
- Twitter disruption silences swaths of US, Europe for hours Updated: Jan-19-16 4:23 pm
Some Twitter users had to do without early Tuesday after sporadic outages knocked the social media site offline in the U.S. and Europe.
- Emirati police officer in court for filming Messi's passport Updated: Jan-19-16 8:15 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A police officer in the United Arab Emirates has appeared in court over filming himself holding Barcelona star Lionel Messi's passport.
- Tech at the symphony: Boston orchestra loaning patrons iPads Updated: Jan-18-16 2:14 am
BOSTON - A night at the symphony usually means silencing cellphones and mobile devices before the music starts.
- Tulsa police investigating case of Tony Stewart, heckler Updated: Jan-16-16 4:07 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are investigating after an off-duty officer heckled NASCAR star Tony Stewart and was confronted by the driver.
- JetBlue computer outage causes flight delays, cancelations Updated: Jan-14-16 3:32 pm
NEW YORK - A major outage of JetBlue Airways' computer systems has caused headaches for fliers trying to check-in for flights and delays across the airline's system.
- Ohio man who recorded fatal accident scene sentenced to jail Updated: Jan-14-16 11:36 am
LORAIN, Ohio - A northern Ohio man who recorded grisly cellphone video of a car crash that killed one teenager and critically injured another has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
- Police to scrutinize phone video in Brooklyn gang rape case Updated: Jan-13-16 10:33 pm
NEW YORK - Police on Wednesday were examining three cellphones recovered from some teenage boys accused of raping a young woman in a playground after defense lawyers said at least one of the boys shot video of the woman smiling and laughing during the encounter.
- Police: Maryland teen made video while setting house fire Updated: Jan-13-16 1:12 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says a 15-year-old boy faces a felony fire-setting charge after he used a cellphone to record video of himself setting fire to his bedroom.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Jan-12-16 4:28 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending Jan. 10, 2016:
- Former officer gets 5 years for holding gun to man's head Updated: Jan-08-16 3:14 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A former police officer who held a gun to a man's head over alleged illegal parking was sentenced to five years in prison Friday.