- Lawmakers reverse course, preserve foreclosure mediation Updated: May-20-15 3:31 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers who earlier this month sought to pull the plug on a program that helps homeowners fend off foreclosure reversed course Wednesday, voting to extend the program for another two years.
- Creditors to help Cyprus with foreclosures, bankruptcies Updated: May-20-15 11:16 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Bailed-out Cyprus' international creditors say they will help the country implement insolvency and foreclosure laws which they see as essential for banks to deal with their massive burden of bad loans.
- New York state regulator proposes foreclosure law change Updated: May-19-15 3:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's top bank regulator on Tuesday proposed amending state law to shorten the foreclosure process for homes with delinquent mortgages.
- In sign of times, hardest-hit Nevada may end foreclosure aid Updated: May-17-15 8:04 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - At its height, Nevada was ground zero for the Great Recession. Unemployment topped 14 percent, the highest in the nation. The state led in per-capita bankruptcy filings. And one in every 10 homes faced foreclosure.
- Foreclosure deadline extended on thousands of properties Updated: May-12-15 4:44 pm
DETROIT - Property owners facing tax foreclosure in Detroit and Wayne County will get more time to reach deals to save their homes.
- Why homebuyers face a tough spring Updated: May-11-15 7:41 am
Eager to buy your first home this spring? Already own, but want to trade up? Be warned: there'll be plenty of competition