- Brewers' Smith suspended 8 games for rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-22-15 7:26 pm
ATLANTA - Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell didn't see a shiny substance on reliever Will Smith's right arm until it was too late.
- SUV crashes into tanning salon, injuring woman walking by Updated: May-22-15 8:41 am
MADISON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A woman has a broken ankle and other injuries after being struck by a sport utility vehicle as it crashed into a suburban Detroit tanning salon.
- Smith regrets oversight with rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-22-15 2:21 am
ATLANTA - Milwaukee Brewers reliever Will Smith wanted to grip the ball better, so he followed a common practice of using rosin and sunscreen on his pitching hand.
- Braves take advantage of Smith's ejection to beat Brewers Updated: May-22-15 12:11 am
- Brewers' Smith ejected for having rosin, sunscreen on arm Updated: May-21-15 11:14 pm
- NC tanning bed ban for youth signed into law by governor Updated: May-21-15 1:28 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A dozen bills signed into law by Gov. Pat McCrory include a ban on anyone under 18 using tanning beds in North Carolina.
- Rat droppings, urine: Police warn of fake makeup dangers Updated: May-18-15 9:39 am
LONDON - The City of London police have issued a warning about the health risks posed by counterfeit makeup.
- Republican Sen. Johnson takes swipes at Democrat Feingold Updated: May-16-15 6:13 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson took swipes at his newly announced Democratic challenger Russ Feingold on Saturday, alleging the former senator is unwilling to face the biggest issues facing the country, his signature campaign finance law was an "abject failure" and that he will never hold a leadership position in the Senate.
- Cosmetologists help cancer patients look good, feel better Updated: May-16-15 10:50 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - It's a shock every morning when Heather Coyle looks in the mirror. The bald head and sickly pale skin punctuated by dark circles under her lashless eyes - all of her facial features remind her that she has cancer.
- Get the sunscreen: Spain, Portugal bake in record heat wave Updated: May-15-15 12:04 pm
MADRID - Sunny Spain and Portugal are seeing record high temperatures for May, hitting levels normally only reached in mid-summer.
- In rural Colombia, ban on anti-coca herbicide is bittersweet Updated: May-14-15 10:04 pm
CRUCITO, Colombia - Manuel de Jesus Sanchez holds up a green poncho to protect his skin from the midday sun. The farmer says he was working in a rice paddy four years ago when a crop duster buzzed by, dumping large quantities of what everyone here refers to as "the poison."
- More celebrity women taking on role of business owner Updated: May-13-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - These days, one of the most-coveted roles among A-list actresses is business owner.
- Study: Vitamin B3 may help prevent certain skin cancers Updated: May-13-15 5:18 pm
For the first time, a large study suggests that a vitamin might modestly lower the risk of the most common types of skin cancer in people with a history of these relatively harmless yet troublesome growths.
- Oregon Senate votes to permit sunscreen in schools Updated: May-11-15 4:35 pm
SALEM, Oregon - State senators say Oregon children should be allowed to apply sunscreen or wear hats outdoors while they're at school.
- Mother of baby found in trash compactor faces murder charge Updated: May-05-15 4:50 pm
SLIDELL, Louisiana - A 22-year-old mother faces a murder charge for failing to care for her newborn or call authorities before the girl died and was put into an apartment complex trash compactor, Slidell police said.
- EXCHANGE: Old school razors making a comeback Updated: May-03-15 2:13 pm
MANTENO, Illinois - Most guys would consider shaving nothing more than a daily inconvenience. Others opt for beards just to avoid the whole skin-scraping process.
- Inked and irked: Apple Watch users report tattoo problems Updated: May-01-15 8:10 pm
NEW YORK - It's an annoying problem for the unlucky few: the Apple Watch's heart rate monitor and even some other features might not work if you have a tattoo on your wrist.
- Ex-Auschwitz prisoner, barber to camp commander, dies at 95 Updated: Apr-30-15 11:49 am
WARSAW, Poland - Jozef Paczynski, a Polish political prisoner at Auschwitz who became the personal barber to camp commander Rudolf Hoess, has died. He was 95.
- Proposal: Free sunscreen dispensers in Boston public parks Updated: Apr-28-15 8:28 am
BOSTON - A Boston city councilor is hoping to bring a hint of the beach to the city's public areas.
- New York attorney general sues 2 tanning salon chains Updated: Apr-24-15 8:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has filed suit against two tanning salon chains, accusing them of downplaying health risks while playing up the allure of bronze skin.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Apr-22-15 12:20 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers: