- DA: Aunt, uncle killed boy; parents held on related charges Updated: May-06-16 12:15 pm
RIDGWAY, Pennsylvania - The aunt and uncle of a 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy found beaten to death in their squalid apartment have been charged with killing him, while his parents - who left the boy in their care two months before - face charges they contributed to his death.
- Another big verdict in talc case against Johnson & Johnson Updated: May-03-16 9:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Twice in the past three months, juries have awarded tens millions of dollars to ovarian cancer victims who blamed Johnson & Johnson talcum powder for their illness - among the first verdicts in a gathering courtroom assault by law firms that are aggressively recruiting clients through TV ads and the Internet.
- Above-average fire year ahead in Hawaii, Alaska, Southwest Updated: May-01-16 7:37 pm
Hawaii, Alaska and the Southwest face an above-average threat of wildfires this summer, but most of the country should see normal or below-normal problems, forecasters said Sunday.
- Are you ready to replace your moisturizer with a pill? Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 pm
MIAMI - The makeup industry is trying to convince women that looking good on the outside starts from within - but it's unclear whether the products they're trying to hawk are safe and effective.
- Former employee ordered to pay Nu Skin in theft lawsuit Updated: Apr-28-16 3:38 pm
PROVO, Utah - A Provo-based multilevel marketing company has been awarded about $336,000 in damages and restitution after it sued a former employee over stolen personal care products.
- Three injured after SUV drives through Boston barber shop Updated: Apr-28-16 4:39 am
BOSTON - Police say three people were hospitalized after a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front of a barbershop in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood.
- Mom charged after boy found in ditch covered in nail polish Updated: Apr-27-16 1:12 pm
ROCKLAND, Maine - Police say they have charged a Rockland woman after a neighbor found her 3-year-old son lying in a drainage ditch with nail polish on his body.
- Stolen barber shop pole holds sentimental value for owner Updated: Apr-22-16 6:50 am
HOLLY HILL, Florida - Thieves took off with a barber shop pole that had been spinning outside a central Florida barber shop for almost 60 years.
- Stinking drunk? Police say "inebriated" man used fart spray Updated: Apr-15-16 3:41 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Police in Georgia have arrested a man for allegedly causing a stink at a bar.
- Beauty licenses expedited for pre-release Illinois prisoners Updated: Apr-13-16 11:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois regulators are making it easier for prisoners on the verge of release to apply for state barber and cosmetology licenses while they remain behind bars.
- State officials discuss increased potential for wildfires Updated: Apr-13-16 2:40 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona officials say the state is at an increased risk for wildfires this year and a few months of hot, dry weather is all it could take for the state to face a significant threat.
- Doctor: separation of conjoined Texas infants went smoothly Updated: Apr-13-16 1:01 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A surgeon says a complicated procedure to separate conjoined South Texas infants went well and the girls face several months of hospital care.
- Review: It's worth stopping into 'Barbershop: The Next Cut' Updated: Apr-12-16 9:24 pm
When you come back to a beloved place after many years, sometimes you find all the faces have changed and the vibe is completely different.
- Car crashes into Fargo hair salon, no one hurt Updated: Apr-12-16 4:15 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A car crashed through the window of Fargo hair salon on Tuesday but no one was hurt.
- The Latest: Hearing set on John Swallow push to drop charges Updated: Apr-12-16 2:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on former Utah Attorney General John Swallow's push to have the charges he faces dropped (all times local):
- Chinese women getting mixed social signals on beauty, roles Updated: Apr-12-16 10:04 am
BEIJING - Chinese women are being taken on a roller-coaster ride by social media, getting bombarded on one side by extreme expectations about physical beauty while getting support for female independence in a society where women who aren't married by their late 20s are considered "leftovers."
- American doctors make new esophagus using stents and skin Updated: Apr-08-16 6:32 pm
LONDON - American doctors have made a new esophagus for a young man, using donated skin tissue and metal stents, in the latest example of scientists creating body parts in the lab to help patients with few other options.