- Little Rock police face problems testing body cameras Updated: Jul-06-15 1:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Police Department is experiencing technical problems as it tests officer body cameras.
- Barber buys mentor's shop in small business initiative Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Clyde Thompson was the stand-in for the quintessential small business person, that icon always held up as the solution to the nation's economy.
- AP Exclusive: North Korean farmers face dry fields, drought Updated: Jul-03-15 5:04 am
UNPHA, North Korea - North Korean farmers work to pump underground water into parched fields. Instead of rice seedlings standing in flooded paddies, the baked earth is cracked. A big lake that used to supply surrounding farmland with water is almost completely dry.
- Grenade-shaped perfume bottle leads to courthouse evacuation Updated: Jun-30-15 6:50 pm
CINCINNATI - A suspicious item that prompted a Cincinnati courthouse evacuation turned out to be a perfume bottle shaped like a World War II grenade.
- Griffith 'renaissance' brings eclectic shops downtown Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 am
GRIFFITH, Indiana - In the market for a mounted zebra head? An AR-15 assault rifle? A bag of popcorn that tastes like cinnamon rolls? A haircut from a former reality show star?
- Teens express themselves through summer hair color choices Updated: Jun-28-15 10:49 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - Summer often brings out sun-soaked blond streaks in hair, although sometimes with a little help from lemon juice or products like Sun-In.
- VA says it faces $2.5B budget shortfall a year after scandal Updated: Jun-25-15 4:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs said Thursday it faces a budget shortfall of more than $2.5 billion, mainly because of increased demand by veterans for health care, including new life-saving treatments for Hepatitis C.
- Sunburn stickers remind people to apply sunscreen Updated: Jun-20-15 9:05 am
HUNT VALLEY, Maryland - Sun safety is a personal issue for Andrew Levine, CEO of Hunt Valley-based cosmetics company JADS International.
- Court: Synthetic drug sellers must know substance illegal Updated: Jun-18-15 11:04 am
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Thursday that people accused of selling synthetic drugs can't be convicted unless prosecutors show they knew the substance was prohibited by law.
- Indiana man face charges alleging he bit boy, 2, in face Updated: Jun-18-15 9:29 am
RICHMOND, Indiana - An eastern Indiana man faces battery and neglect charges alleging that he bit the face of a 2-year-old boy who had been left in his care.
- CVS Health launches health, beauty makeover for drugstores Updated: Jun-17-15 5:05 pm
CVS drugstores that quit tobacco sales last year are now getting health and beauty makeovers and a shot of ethnic diversity in some cases to attract customers who want more than a prescription refill.
- Cuban artist puts on hair competition to bolster black pride Updated: Jun-14-15 2:46 pm
HAVANA - A young Afro-Cuban performance artist transformed a Havana cultural center into the stage of a black hairstyle competition this weekend in a rare public commentary on racial beauty standards in Cuba, where prejudice remains widespread and largely undiscussed.
- Fade away? Not yet - barber marks 70th birthday at shop Updated: Jun-14-15 9:50 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - At 5:15 a.m., Kay Wesley starts cutting hair and doesn't stop until her line of customers dissipates. Nowadays, that usually means 5 p.m., but when she started cutting hair about 50 years ago, it was much later.
- Madame Carven, fashion pioneer, dies in Paris at 105 Updated: Jun-09-15 11:58 am
PARIS - Madame Carven, the ready-to-wear and perfume pioneer who founded the fashion house Carven in 1945, has died. She was 105.
- 2 Horse Cave men have 100-plus years of barbering experience Updated: Jun-07-15 10:38 am
HORSE CAVE, Kentucky - Bill Veach and Buddy Carter have both worked as barbers for more than 50 years.
- Lawsuit filed by ex-Miss Utah against Provo police revived Updated: Jun-06-15 7:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A lawsuit filed by a former Miss Utah and her business partner that says Provo police arrested them without cause has been revived.