- Talladega mayor loses re-election bid after assault Updated: Aug-25-15 11:47 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - An Alabama mayor who had been re-elected in 2011 despite a federal conviction and recently was recovering from an assault lost a bid for a fifth term in office Tuesday.
- Woman found dead in Robison County beauty shop Updated: Aug-25-15 6:35 am
FAIRMONT, North Carolina - One woman has died and several others were treated for chemical exposure at a beauty shop in Robison County.
- Brookings hair salon owner has talent for fundraisers Updated: Aug-23-15 11:13 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - After working at a corporate hair salon that didn't allow her to provide free cuts to a boy with cancer and a soldier who later died in combat, a Brookings woman opened her own salon to help people in need.
- District riven by religious favoritism claims gets monitor Updated: Aug-15-15 2:32 pm
SUFFERN, New York - When his fifth-grade son struggled with a question on primary colors posed by the TV show "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader," David Curry saw just how bad things have gotten in the troubled East Ramapo school district.
- Mayor suspects assault tied to election, not rumored affair Updated: Aug-15-15 11:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An Alabama mayor who was re-elected despite a federal conviction says recovering from an assault outside a barbershop where he works part time and allegations of a sex tape with the suspect's wife won't derail the final push of his campaign for a fifth term.
- Children read to Iowa barber in exchange for haircuts Updated: Aug-10-15 5:03 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Children who read books to a local barber have received a free haircut as part of a community event in Dubuque to help families prepare for the upcoming school year.
- Woman injured when SUV crashes into Aberdeen tanning salon Updated: Jul-31-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A woman was injured when a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front wall of a tanning salon in Aberdeen.
- Skin doctors urge under-18 ban on tanning beds Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - Dermatologists who treat skin cancer patients urged state lawmakers on Tuesday to approve a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds, but salon owners accused critics of overstating the risks.