- Woman injured when SUV crashes into Aberdeen tanning salon Updated: Jul-31-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A woman was injured when a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front wall of a tanning salon in Aberdeen.
- Skin doctors urge under-18 ban on tanning beds Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - Dermatologists who treat skin cancer patients urged state lawmakers on Tuesday to approve a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds, but salon owners accused critics of overstating the risks.
- Tanning salon owners sue Nebraska Cancer Coalition Updated: Jul-22-15 3:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of tanning salon owners is suing the Nebraska Cancer Coalition, accusing it of making false, defamatory statements about tanning that have hurt the businesses.
- Families face tough decisions as cost of elder care soars Updated: Jul-20-15 4:20 pm
NEW YORK - Doris Ranzman had followed the expert advice, planning ahead in case she wound up unable to care for herself one day. But when a nursing-home bill tops $14,000 a month, the best-laid plans get tossed aside.
- Police: Scranton bank robber used lotion to conceal identity Updated: Jul-15-15 5:07 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police are searching for a man who robbed a northeastern Pennsylvania bank with lotion smeared on his face to disguise his appearance.
- Coty buying 43 beauty brands from Procter & Gamble Updated: Jul-09-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - Coty is buying 43 beauty brands from Procter & Gamble Co., including Miss Clairol, Covergirl and Max Factor.
- German attempts to break down barriers for deaf in N. Korea Updated: Jul-08-15 4:58 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In a country with zero kindergartens specifically for the deaf, Robert Grund wants to help establish the first - just a small suite of rooms for perhaps a couple dozen kids, in North Korea's capital, Pyongyang, a city of roughly 2.5 million.
- Little Rock police face problems testing body cameras Updated: Jul-06-15 1:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Police Department is experiencing technical problems as it tests officer body cameras.
- Barber buys mentor's shop in small business initiative Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Clyde Thompson was the stand-in for the quintessential small business person, that icon always held up as the solution to the nation's economy.
- AP Exclusive: North Korean farmers face dry fields, drought Updated: Jul-03-15 5:04 am
UNPHA, North Korea - North Korean farmers work to pump underground water into parched fields. Instead of rice seedlings standing in flooded paddies, the baked earth is cracked. A big lake that used to supply surrounding farmland with water is almost completely dry.