- NY court hears arguments on fantasy sports Updated: Nov-25-15 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - A judge said Wednesday he would not take long to rule on a motion by New York's top law enforcement official to stop the country's two biggest daily fantasy sports companies from operating following two hours of arguments in a packed Manhattan courtroom.
- FBI agent in Chinatown probe to spend another day on stand Updated: Nov-19-15 12:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jurors in the murder and racketeering trial of a key defendant in a San Francisco Chinatown crime probe are set to hear another day of testimony from one of the prosecution's main witnesses - an FBI agent who posed as an East Coast mobster interested in laundering proceeds from illegal sports betting and marijuana cultivation.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Nov-18-15 10:41 am
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Ex-NYPD detective who ran illegal poker games gets probation Updated: Nov-07-15 10:51 am
NEW YORK - A former New York City police detective who worked as an undercover has been sentenced to probation for running illegal poker games out of his home.
- Vegas man gets probation, fine in illegal online poker case Updated: Nov-03-15 3:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas professional gambler and former operator of the bitcoin online poker site "Seals with Clubs" was fined $25,000 and placed on up to two years of probation on Tuesday after pleading guilty to a criminal charge of operating an unlicensed interactive gambling system.
- Harry Reid says daily fantasy sports can't police itself Updated: Oct-30-15 7:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Sen. Harry Reid is calling daily fantasy sports sites "unregulated, illegal gambling" and says in a statement that self-regulation the industry desires won't be enough.