- Owner of American Pharoah named in gambling debt lawsuit Updated: May-21-15 11:57 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Ahmed Zayat, owner of Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, asked a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit that accuses him of owing $1.65 million to a man who says he fronted Zayat money for gambling bets placed at offshore casinos.
- Police: Former VFW head made illegal gambling payouts Updated: May-07-15 6:49 am
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - Authorities say the former head of a Somerset County Veterans of Foreign Wars post made illegal payouts to patrons who played a video poker game at the facility, then tried to hide evidence from police.
- 3 plead guilty to running international sports betting ring Updated: May-01-15 9:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three men charged with running an illegal international sports gambling ring that made millions have pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy in San Diego.
- Defense asking US judge to toss out FBI ruse case in Vegas Updated: Apr-28-15 7:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Bolstered by a federal judge's ruling that the FBI violated a wealthy Malaysian businessman's constitutional rights when agents searched his Las Vegas Strip suite last summer, defense attorneys are trying to get the case thrown out.
- Attorney General files charge against head of poker site Updated: Apr-28-15 5:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators, led by state Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt, announced a first-of-its-kind prosecution Tuesday of a man they say ran an unlicensed online poker website from Las Vegas using the Internet currency bitcoin.