- Alaska Editorials Updated: Jul-30-15 1:38 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- US allows Md. continued flexibility for No Child Left Behind Updated: Jul-23-15 2:47 pm
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Department of Education has approved renewed flexibility for Maryland from provisions of the No Child Left Behind program.
- Tennessee among 7 states getting extended NCLB waiver Updated: Jul-23-15 1:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is among seven states that have received extended No Child Left Behind waivers.
- Next up for No Child Left Behind: Senate-House negotiations Updated: Jul-17-15 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - No one thinks it'll be easy, but the House and Senate are embarking on negotiations to merge two differing education bills that would rewrite the nation's much-criticized No Child Left Behind education law.
- Shaheen, Ayotte applaud passage of education bill Updated: Jul-17-15 3:43 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire senators Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte are supporting a rewrite of the education law known as No Child Left Behind that aims to give power back to the states.
- Baesler says new version of education law should help states Updated: Jul-17-15 2:35 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Superintendent of Public Instruction Kirsten Baesler is lauding the U.S. Senate's vote to approve a new version of the No Child Left Behind federal education law.
- Senate OKs revised No Child education law, compromise needed Updated: Jul-16-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade after No Child Left Behind established a stronger federal role in public education, the Senate on Thursday approved a rewrite of the much-criticized education law that would return much of that power to the states.
- Senate considers No Child revision to limit federal role Updated: Jul-09-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Trying to strike a bipartisan chord, the Senate worked Thursday on a major revision of the 2002 No Child Left Behind law, a day after a Republican-led rewrite just barely passed the House.
- State Board of Education adopts school bus safety policy Updated: Jul-09-15 12:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The State Board of Education has approved a new school bus safety policy after five North Carolina students were hurt by motorists passing stopped buses this school year.
- House Roll Call: No Child Left Behind education law overhaul Updated: Jul-08-15 8:03 pm
The 218-213 roll call Wednesday by which the House passed a Republican-led rewrite of the Bush-era No Child Left Behind education law.
- Obama administration: Education bills lack accountability Updated: Jul-06-15 8:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Monday it cannot support either the Senate or the House versions of bills being considered this week to update the Bush-era No Child Left Behind education law.
- Piano-playing senator's latest tune: New education policy Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
WASHINGTON - How does a musician-senator fill the time during yet another partisan Senate stalemate?