- Delaware congressional delegation touts education grant Updated: Sep-01-15 2:19 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware's congressional delegation is touring a federal grant aimed at getting more minority students to take up careers in science and technology.
- Appeals panel sides with Arkansas school district Updated: Aug-31-15 4:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A lower court was correct to toss a lawsuit filed by parents who claimed the Blytheville School District improperly opted out of an act that allowed them to send their children to neighboring districts, an 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel said Monday.
- ACLU sues to block sweeping Nevada education funding program Updated: Aug-27-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Nevada education funding program that's considered the nation's broadest school choice initiative attracted its first legal challenge Thursday, with three civil liberties groups saying it violates the state constitution by releasing public funds to religious schools.
- Michigan schools on hook for Native American tuition program Updated: Aug-12-15 11:18 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's public colleges and universities are on the hook for millions of dollars each year because a program that provides free tuition to Native American students isn't fully funded.
- Iberville school board approves school choice policy Updated: Aug-11-15 7:56 am
PLAQUEMINE, Louisiana - The Iberville Parish School Board has approved the district's school choice policy, which sets the standards by which students enrolled in Iberville schools with poor academic performance can transfer to better schools within the parish.
- Miss. granted No Child Left Behind waiver Updated: Aug-09-15 11:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state of Mississippi has three more years to meet provisions of No Child Left Behind.
- School systems struggle with offering enough school choice Updated: Aug-08-15 1:53 pm
ATLANTA - School systems in Georgia are struggling to provide parents and students with the school choice options they seek.
- Arizona gets extended waiver from No Child Left Behind rules Updated: Aug-07-15 10:07 am
PHOENIX - Federal officials have granted a one-year extension of a waiver that exempts Arizona from some provisions of the No Child Left Behind law that covers public schools.
- New Hampshire granted education law waiver extension Updated: Aug-06-15 2:38 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is among seven states that have been granted extensions from certain provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act.