- Carly Fiorina to headline New Mexico GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 5:03 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former technology executive and GOP presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina is headlining a fundraiser for the Republican Party of New Mexico.
- New Jersey's Gov. Christie heading to Mississippi, Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 1:11 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading south for a handful of events on behalf of his political action committee.
- Snyder rules out Cabinet position in reaction to speculation Updated: May-04-15 5:18 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder said Monday he is not angling for a Cabinet position, despite speculation that could be the case as he travels around the country promoting Michigan's rebound.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Ex-Christie allies plead not guilty in bridge case Updated: May-04-15 4:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two former political allies of Gov. Chris Christie pleaded not guilty Monday to charges they were involved in politically motivated lane closures of the George Washington Bridge, and the attorney for one vowed to subpoena her former colleagues to prove her innocence.
- GOP field grows: Longshots Fiorina, Carson launch their bids Updated: May-04-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson joined the rapidly expanding 2016 Republican presidential class on Monday, casting themselves as political outsiders in underdog campaigns, eager to challenge the elite of both parties.
- Financing plan for Medicaid expansion wins committee support Updated: May-04-15 12:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers have repeatedly refused to expand Louisiana's Medicaid program, siding with Gov. Bobby Jindal in opposition. But on Monday, they started advancing a proposal that would help pay for an expansion if Louisiana's next governor has any interest.
- 2016 presidential prospect Gov. John Kasich returning to NH Updated: May-04-15 12:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) returns to New Hampshire this week as he continues to weigh a 2016 bid for president.
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces White House campaign Updated: May-04-15 11:14 am
DETROIT - Retired surgeon Ben Carson has made it official, telling a crowd in his hometown of Detroit that he's running for president.
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day Updated: May-04-15 10:09 am
GENEVA - A move to consider suspending Israel from world football will be put to FIFA's 209 member federations just before they elect their president this month.
- O'Malley gets scrutiny over police record as Baltimore mayor Updated: May-04-15 8:16 am
BALTIMORE - Martin O'Malley often casts Baltimore as the comeback city that overcame the ravages of drugs and violence when he was mayor.
- White House Brief: Things to know about Carly Fiorina Updated: May-04-15 8:14 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Here's a look at key things to know about Carly Fiorina as she stepped into the 2016 Republican presidential campaign on Monday.
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina enters presidential race Updated: May-04-15 7:37 am
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she is running for president.
- Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she's seeking GOP presidential nomination Updated: May-04-15 7:16 am
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina says she's seeking GOP presidential nomination.
- In Congress, income inequality fact of life for food servers Updated: May-04-15 3:38 am
WASHINGTON - Income inequality is more than a political sound bite to workers in the Capitol. It's their life.
- With Walker a 2016 GOP force, Kasich and Snyder ponder runs Updated: May-04-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's Scott Walker has emerged as a force in the 2016 White House contest. It's a position two other Republican governors from the Midwest, lesser known but similarly ambitious, undoubtedly would like to be in.
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.
- Clinton to focus on immigration during Las Vegas stop Updated: May-03-15 10:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Rodham Clinton will focus on immigration when she makes a campaign stop Tuesday in Las Vegas.
- FIFA's Prince Ali seeks more say for national associations Updated: May-03-15 2:32 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - FIFA must give national associations a greater say in the governance of world football and adopt a more regional outlook because "you cannot run everything simply from Zurich," FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali of Jordan said Sunday.
- Togo court declares president re-elected from final results Updated: May-03-15 12:11 pm
LOME, Togo - Togo's constitutional court declared Faure Gnassingbe president for a third five-year term after tallying final votes on Sunday.
- Nevada Legislature Week 14: Clinton visit and more tax talk Updated: May-02-15 8:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The pressure of passing a tax package to fund Gov. Brian Sandoval's two-year budget will continue to mount in Week 14 of the Nevada Legislature.
- Burundi military says it will remain neutral amid protests Updated: May-02-15 3:49 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's defense minister said Saturday the army will remain neutral amid the street protests stemming from the president's controversial bid for a third term.
- Warren to headline Connecticut Democrats dinner Updated: May-02-15 12:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a liberal stalwart that some have hoped will enter the 2016 presidential race, will headline the Connecticut Democratic Party's annual fundraising dinner.
- Bridge scandal charges may prove a mixed bag for Christie Updated: May-02-15 3:23 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The charges handed down against three former allies of Gov. Chris Christie in the George Washington Bridge traffic scandal provide mixed news for the Republican governor as he tries to regain momentum in support of an expected presidential bid.
- AP-GfK Poll: Favorable views of Clinton top her GOP rivals Updated: May-02-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - Americans are more likely to have a favorable view of Hillary Rodham Clinton than any of her potential Republican rivals in 2016's race for the presidency, even though few see the former secretary of state as honest, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.