- Walker says wall on Canadian border worth reviewing Updated: Aug-30-15 9:27 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker says that building a wall along the country's norther border with Canada is a legitimate issue that merits further review.
- Trump's deportation idea similar to 1930s mass removals Updated: Aug-30-15 8:26 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's recent call for mass deportation of millions of immigrants is similar to a large-scale removal that many Mexican-American families faced 85 years ago.
- Burkina Faso court rejects candidate of former ruling party Updated: Aug-29-15 3:10 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - A court in Burkina Faso on Saturday rejected the chosen presidential candidate of the former ruling party, prompting threats of a boycott of the vote in October.
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency Updated: Aug-29-15 2:08 pm
ATLANTA - To Azaratu Zakaria, Jimmy Carter's battle against the Guinea worm is represented by a scar.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Latin music academy protests Trump's immigration proposals Updated: Aug-28-15 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is drawing protests from another Latino organization - this time, one based in the music industry.
- Federal power, spending focus of Rand Paul rally in Cheyenne Updated: Aug-28-15 6:56 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The federal government needs to do away with warrantless domestic wiretapping in pursuit of terrorism, Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul said at a campaign rally Friday.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Biden, Ukraine leader condemn attacks by pro-Russian forces Updated: Aug-28-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is criticizing pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine for threatening to take more territory and hold their own elections.
- Former PM Tsipras' popularity tanks ahead of Greek elections Updated: Aug-28-15 4:11 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's former governing radical-left party is unlikely to win an outright majority in a crucial national election next month, and its lead over the opposition conservatives has narrowed, early opinion polls showed Friday.
- Abortion-rights activists to protest Trump fundraiser Updated: Aug-28-15 3:26 pm
NORWOOD, Massachusetts - Abortion-rights activists are planning to protest outside a private fundraiser for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday night.
- Feds win fight for access to indicted Paul aide's Gmail Updated: Aug-28-15 2:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal prosecutors are prevailing in their yearlong fight to access the emails of a once-powerful Republican consultant from Google Inc.
- Things to know about the FIFA presidential election Updated: Aug-28-15 1:39 pm
MONACO - FIFA presidential contender Michel Platini would not talk about it Friday, but he is the front-runner in an election that is still six months off.
- Mexican ambassador-designate downplays Donald Trump comments Updated: Aug-28-15 1:12 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's ambassador-designate to Washington sought to downplay Donald Trump's comments on Mexico, telling a Senate confirmation hearing on Friday that Trump is simply playing politics.
- O'Malley makes presidential campaign stop in Tennessee Updated: Aug-28-15 8:53 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley knows he needs to make a big splash in early presidential contests like Iowa and New Hampshire, but he said he's already looking ahead to the next group of primary states like Tennessee in his bid for the Democratic nomination.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Congressman, North Carolina lawmakers supporting Jeb Bush Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A congressman and key General Assembly leaders are atop Jeb Bush's campaign support group in North Carolina.
- Ben Carson gains support as the other political outsider Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ben Carson's genial way of politicking is proving to be a draw for voters who like Donald Trump's status as a outsider but not his belligerence.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.