- Egypt passes presidential election law Updated: Mar-08-14 1:07 pm
- Egypt's military chief making plans for campaign Updated: Mar-08-14 12:31 pm
- Obama warns party to focus on 2014, not 2016 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:22 am
- El Salvador's ex-rebel poised to win presidency Updated: Mar-08-14 12:06 am
- AP Interview: Karzai's brother on Afghan vote Updated: Mar-07-14 3:04 pm
- KY Sen. Paul to keynote Ohio county GOP dinner Updated: Mar-06-14 6:13 pm
- Date of Macedonian snap election set for April 27 Updated: Mar-06-14 10:40 am
- Ruling party candidate drops out in Costa Rica Updated: Mar-05-14 8:10 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- India announces general elections to start April 7 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:13 pm
- Wisconsin Rep. Ryan to headline 2nd Iowa GOP event Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Macedonian parliament dissolved for early election Updated: Mar-05-14 10:02 am
- Analysis: Obama budget tries to have it both ways Updated: Mar-04-14 4:52 pm
- Sandy victims seek Christie counsel at town hall Updated: Mar-04-14 3:42 pm
- Schwarzenegger backs Ohio city for GOP convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:58 pm
- Kansas City makes pitch for Republican convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:06 pm
- Seattle passes on 2016 Dem National Convention Updated: Mar-03-14 11:25 am
- Obama revs up Dems as election year encroaches Updated: Mar-01-14 3:57 am
- Tea party ready for fight with GOP establishment Updated: Feb-28-14 6:42 pm
- California Gov. Jerry Brown will seek re-election Updated: Feb-27-14 8:16 pm
- Texas Gov. Perry avoids 2016 talk in Iowa Updated: Feb-27-14 7:31 pm
- Arizona GOP: Bill won't hurt 2016 convention bid Updated: Feb-27-14 7:26 pm
- Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus make RNC convention cut Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- Las Vegas a finalist to host 2016 GOP convention Updated: Feb-27-14 10:05 am
- Algerian reformer declines to run for president Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
CAIRO - Egypt's interim president on Saturday issued a much-anticipated decree governing an upcoming presidential election that clears the way for a vote many expect will be won by the country's military chief.
CAIRO - As he nears announcing a run for Egypt's presidency, Field Marshal Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has been focusing on preparing an economic program, senior generals and government officials say, demonstrating the wariness within the military over the scale of problems facing the country.
WASHINGTON - Democrats could get walloped in the November elections. The party gets sleepy and distracted in the midterms. And its supporters simply may not show up to vote.
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A former Marxist guerrilla who has promised to continue the government's popular social programs is poised to win El Salvador's presidential election runoff on Sunday, giving the ruling party a second consecutive term.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The elder brother of Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Friday he dropped out of the country's April 5 presidential election to leave the field open to a candidate that he hoped would steer the nation through a "dignified" transition.
CINCINNATI - Potential 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky will be the keynote speaker for a major southwest Ohio Republican banquet, a GOP official announced Thursday.
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia has formally set April 27 as the date of the country's early parliamentary election, which was forced after government coalition partners failed to agree on a presidential candidate.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Costa Rica's governing party candidate Johnny Araya said Wednesday that he is dropping out of a presidential runoff election and will stop campaigning because polls show his rival with an overwhelming lead.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
NEW DELHI - India said Wednesday that it will hold national elections from April 7 to May 12, kicking off a vote that many observers see as the most important election in more than 30 years in the world's largest democracy.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan is planning his second trip to Iowa since running as the Republicans' 2012 vice presidential nominee.
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's lawmakers have voted to dissolve parliament so elections can be held a year ahead of time after parties in the governing coalition failed to agree on a presidential candidate.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama tried to have it both ways Tuesday with an election-year budget that paid faint lip service to reducing federal deficits, then piled on about $1 trillion in tax increases and hundreds of billions in higher spending designed to appeal to economically squeezed voters rather than congressional foes of red ink.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - At the latest in a series of town halls, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heard Tuesday from people who are still kept from their homes 16 months after being driven out by Superstorm Sandy and others frustrated with the pace and expense of storm recovery.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his muscle behind a bid by Columbus to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, even as the powerful U.S. House Speaker said he favors a different Ohio city close to his home district.
Mayor Sly James sang and others talked up Kansas City's ability to put on a good show as a delegation of about two dozen people made a pitch Monday to host the 2016 Republican National Convention in Missouri.
SEATTLE - Seattle was one of dozens of cities invited by the Democratic National Committee to bid on hosting the 2016 national convention that will nominate the party's candidate for president.
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama and Democrats have their way, voters will see this year's midterm elections as a stark choice: Republicans pushing failed policies from a bygone era versus Democrats advocating for freedom and opportunity for all Americans.
WASHINGTON - Tea partyers insist they're not to blame for Republican election losses in congressional and presidential elections, faulting the GOP establishment for showing little fight.
LOS ANGELES - California Gov. Jerry Brown formally launched his re-election campaign Thursday, stepping into a contest that the former three-time presidential candidate is expected to dominate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Texas Gov. Rick Perry returned to Iowa Thursday for a visit he said was focused on helping the state's Republican governor seek re-election - and not on a potential 2016 presidential bid of his own.
PHOENIX - State legislation that would have allowed business owners to refuse to serve gays for religious reasons likely won't impact Phoenix's chances of hosting the 2016 national convention, Arizona Republican Party officials said Thursday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's three largest cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus - have been named finalists in the competition to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas is among the eight finalists vying to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
ALGIERS, Algeria - One of Algeria's most prominent reformist politicians says he will not be running for president because the election is meaningless with the military-backed incumbent running for a fourth term.