- Burundi president says if elected it will be last term Updated: May-07-15 3:17 am
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundi's president says that if he is re-elected it will be his last term in office, even as protests over his re-election bid continued.
- Polls open in Britain's knife-edge national election Updated: May-07-15 2:04 am
LONDON - Polls have opened in Britain's national election, a contest that is expected to produce an ambiguous result, a period of frantic political horse-trading and a bout of national soul-searching.
- FIFA candidate Van Praag seeks support in South Korea Updated: May-06-15 9:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag has visited South Korea's football leaders seeking support for his challenge to Sepp Blatter.
- GOP presidential candidate Rubio headlines Phoenix events Updated: May-06-15 7:48 pm
PHOENIX - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio made a whirlwind stop in Arizona on Wednesday as he tries to drum up support for his 2016 campaign.
- Christie returning to New Hampshire after bridge indictments Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is returning to New Hampshire as he struggles to press forward with a likely presidential bid following indictments in the George Washington Bridge scandal.
- No Clinton-bashing for Ohio Gov. John Kasich Updated: May-06-15 5:23 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - For most Republican presidential hopefuls, the question from the audience would be a big fat softball lobbed across the plate: Name two or three reasons why Hillary Rodham Clinton would make a bad president.
- Lt. Gov. Hutchison to chair Marco Rubio campaign in Nevada Updated: May-06-15 2:58 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison said Wednesday that he'll be chairing Nevada operations for Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential campaign.
- Navajo Nation certifies results from presidential election Updated: May-06-15 8:40 am
WINDOW ROCK, Arizona - Final results from the Navajo Nation presidential election show Russell Begaye winning nearly 63 percent of the vote to defeat Joe Shirley Jr.
- Turkish election board rejects complaint against Erdogan Updated: May-06-15 5:25 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey's electoral board has rejected a complaint by the main pro-Kurdish party accusing President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of violating rules that require him to be impartial.
- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- Christie says he would testify if called in bridge trial Updated: May-05-15 7:37 pm
FLOWOOD, Mississippi - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he would have no problem testifying in a trial of former allies who face criminal charges for their alleged roles in politically-motivated traffic jams that caused long delays in 2013 over the George Washington Bridge connecting his state to New York.
- Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming in October Updated: May-05-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who may or not be running for president, says he has a publication coming in October but it's definitely not a campaign book.
- GOP candidate Cruz to address Georgia state party convention Updated: May-05-15 3:33 pm
ATLANTA - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is slated to be the keynote speaker for a dinner at the Georgia Republican Party's state convention this month.
- Bernie or Bearnie? Presidential hopeful poses with bear Updated: May-05-15 3:25 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Maybe he should consider changing his name to Bearnie.
- Jeb Bush to visit Vegas next week, speak at GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 2:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Likely presidential candidate Jeb Bush is scheduled to visit Las Vegas next week to help raise money for the Clark County Republican Party.
- AP Interview: Shalala's 14 years at Miami marked by change Updated: May-05-15 8:59 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - The University of Miami will hold six commencement ceremonies in the coming days, where graduates will walk across a stage and shake Donna Shalala's hand.
- Carly Fiorina to headline New Mexico GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 5:03 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former technology executive and GOP presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina is headlining a fundraiser for the Republican Party of New Mexico.
- New Jersey's Gov. Christie heading to Mississippi, Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 1:11 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading south for a handful of events on behalf of his political action committee.
- Snyder rules out Cabinet position in reaction to speculation Updated: May-04-15 5:18 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder said Monday he is not angling for a Cabinet position, despite speculation that could be the case as he travels around the country promoting Michigan's rebound.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Ex-Christie allies plead not guilty in bridge case Updated: May-04-15 4:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two former political allies of Gov. Chris Christie pleaded not guilty Monday to charges they were involved in politically motivated lane closures of the George Washington Bridge, and the attorney for one vowed to subpoena her former colleagues to prove her innocence.
- GOP field grows: Longshots Fiorina, Carson launch their bids Updated: May-04-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson joined the rapidly expanding 2016 Republican presidential class on Monday, casting themselves as political outsiders in underdog campaigns, eager to challenge the elite of both parties.
- Financing plan for Medicaid expansion wins committee support Updated: May-04-15 12:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers have repeatedly refused to expand Louisiana's Medicaid program, siding with Gov. Bobby Jindal in opposition. But on Monday, they started advancing a proposal that would help pay for an expansion if Louisiana's next governor has any interest.
- 2016 presidential prospect Gov. John Kasich returning to NH Updated: May-04-15 12:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) returns to New Hampshire this week as he continues to weigh a 2016 bid for president.
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces White House campaign Updated: May-04-15 11:14 am
DETROIT - Retired surgeon Ben Carson has made it official, telling a crowd in his hometown of Detroit that he's running for president.