- GOP candidate Sen. Ted Cruz to visit Las Vegas this month Updated: Aug-04-15 8:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is visiting Las Vegas later this month.
- Bush earned over $9 million from business, speaking gigs Updated: Aug-04-15 7:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush earned more than $9 million over the last 17 months from speaking fees and an assortment of business interests, including a health services firm in Puerto Rico and an online lending operation, according to newly released financial records.
- Christie files financial disclosure report Updated: Aug-04-15 6:46 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newly released financial disclosure records show Republican presidential contender Chris Christie earned nearly $277,000 in wages over the last year and a half as New Jersey governor.
- Florida GOP moves date of presidential summit to November Updated: Aug-04-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Republicans, seeking to push the battleground state into the national limelight, announced Tuesday they are holding a presidential candidates' summit in November.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- Presidential candidate Ted Cruz set to visit Cheyenne Updated: Aug-04-15 2:50 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Presidential candidate Ted Cruz is making a stop in Cheyenne, where he's scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a Republican-hosted fundraiser.
- 2 years out, the race for next governor coming into view Updated: Aug-04-15 12:42 pm
Gov. Chris Christie is not the only New Jersey politician thinking about his next job.
- Publisher moves up Trump bio from early next year to October Updated: Aug-04-15 11:04 am
NEW YORK - With Donald Trump still leading in Republican presidential polls, the publisher of a biography that features interviews with the real estate mogul is moving up the release date from early next year to this fall.
- Hillary Clinton holds first Colorado campaign event Updated: Aug-04-15 9:41 am
DENVER - Hillary Clinton is holding her first campaign event in Denver on Tuesday.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 am
Debate stage drama: Republican presidential candidates await top 10 announcement
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Venezuela first lady runs for congress; spouse's foe blocked Updated: Aug-03-15 7:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's first lady will run for congress while an opposition leader has been formally barred from the contest.
- Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich not running for president Updated: Aug-03-15 6:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich says he isn't running for president, and he has no plans to run for U.S. Senate, either.
- Obama power plant rules spark 2016 fight over climate change Updated: Aug-03-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's sweeping new power plant regulations are thrusting the divisive debate over climate change into the race for the White House, with candidates in both parties seeing an opportunity to capitalize.
- Iran's Ahmadinejad seeks political comeback Updated: Aug-03-15 2:59 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has launched a political campaign ahead of February's parliamentary elections in what could prove a challenge to the moderates behind a landmark nuclear agreement reached last month.
- Presidential hopeful Rubio names Montana campaign chairman Updated: Aug-03-15 2:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is one of the first of the 17 GOP presidential hopefuls to select a Montana campaign chairman.
- Christie stirs outrage of an old enemy, teachers unions Updated: Aug-03-15 1:58 pm
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has again provoked the outrage of an old political enemy - teachers unions.
- Ukraine's ex-PM sets up 'Ukraine salvation committee' Updated: Aug-03-15 10:26 am
MOSCOW - Ukraine's former prime minister, in exile in Moscow, has announced the creation of a 'Ukraine salvation committee' and pushed for early presidential and parliamentary elections.
- Celebrity chef: Trump lawsuit against him is 'without merit' Updated: Aug-03-15 8:02 am
WASHINGTON - Celebrity chef Jose Andres has responded to a lawsuit filed by Donald Trump's organization against Andres' organization for backing out of a hotel project in Washington.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.
- Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Updated: Aug-03-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump, widely believed to be the wealthiest American ever to run for president, is nowhere among the ranks of the country's most generous citizens, according to an Associated Press review of his financial records and other government filings.
- US, Egypt resume formal security talks with Kerry visit Updated: Aug-02-15 8:31 pm
CAIRO - Despite persistent human rights concerns, the United States on Sunday resumed formal security talks with Egypt that were last held six years ago and kept on hiatus until now amid political unrest that swept the country in the wake of the Arab Spring.
- GOP hopeful Ted Cruz to visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:41 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz will visit two north Mississippi cities this month.
- Some Americans refuse to give up on Confederate flag Updated: Aug-02-15 2:50 pm
HANOVER, Pennsylvania - Many Americans assumed the Confederate flag was retired for good after governors in South Carolina and Alabama removed it from their statehouses this summer and presidential candidates from both parties declared it too divisive for official display.
- New Hampshire, Washington schools offer political course Updated: Aug-02-15 12:14 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A new course being offered by George Washington University and Saint Anselm College promises to provide insight into both the national political establishment and the day-to-day grassroots campaigning in New Hampshire.