- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child Updated: Apr-17-14 4:59 pm
- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- Algeria's ailing president votes from wheelchair Updated: Apr-17-14 3:58 pm
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Chris Christie, prosecutor appear at same event Updated: Apr-17-14 2:58 pm
- US sanctions government official in Zimbabwe Updated: Apr-17-14 12:11 pm
- Obama praises Biden, but doesn't endorse for 2016 Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 am
- Ukraine 2022 Olympic bid on hold but still alive Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 am
- New chief but few changes at Brazilian federation Updated: Apr-16-14 4:31 pm
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace Updated: Apr-16-14 2:15 pm
- In governor's race, Havenstein sees a choice Updated: Apr-16-14 1:24 pm
- Session to elect Lebanon president on April 23 Updated: Apr-16-14 10:14 am
- Republican convention scouts visit Denver Updated: Apr-16-14 8:10 am
- 2 Ohio visits slated as GOP seeks convention site Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 am
- Rubio: Terrorists training in Syria may strike US Updated: Apr-15-14 8:51 pm
- Alleged Hillary Clinton shoe thrower detained Updated: Apr-15-14 8:14 pm
- Walker kicks off re-election campaign with rallies Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Santorum: Security a key issue leading up to 2016 Updated: Apr-14-14 3:05 pm
- Macedonian president wins first round of election Updated: Apr-14-14 11:04 am
- Experts: Money is hurdle to landing GOP convention Updated: Apr-14-14 9:50 am
- Abdullah, Ghani lead in partial Afghan vote tally Updated: Apr-13-14 3:58 pm
- Guinea-Bissau vote aims to bring stability Updated: Apr-13-14 3:10 pm
- Rand Paul: US 'can't invite the whole world' Updated: Apr-13-14 12:08 pm
- Macedonia president seeks second term in election Updated: Apr-13-14 2:25 am
- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Chelsea Clinton says she and her husband are expecting their first child later this year.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's ailing president was wheeled to the voting booth on Thursday to cast his ballot for his fourth term in an election he is expected to dominate as the few Algerians that do bother going to the polls will most likely choose stability over change.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - It could have been an awkward moment for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department is sanctioning a government official and others in Zimbabwe for allegedly undermining democracy in the southern African nation.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is keeping to himself his favorite to succeed him in the White House.
LONDON - With the crisis in Ukraine escalating by the day, the prospect of the Winter Olympics going to the former Soviet republic seems hard to imagine. Yet, the western Ukrainian city of Lviv hasn't given up on its bid for the 2022 Games.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation elected a new president on Wednesday, although little is changing at the helm of the organization.
ALGIERS, Algeria - The college students playing pick-up soccer along the faded grandeur of Algiers' sweeping waterfront say they won't be voting in Thursday's presidential elections, echoing the sentiments of many young Algerians.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Former defense contractor Walt Havenstein on Wednesday joined the race to become New Hampshire's next governor, stressing his business credentials as the proper tools to help improve what he called the state's flagging economy.
BEIRUT - Lebanon's parliament speaker on Wednesday called for a meeting to elect a new president on April 23, kicking off what is expected to be a lengthy and fiercely contested vote for the country's top Christian post amid regional unrest.
DENVER - Denver is putting out the welcome mat for a group from the Republican National Committee on the first of six visits to potential hosts for the party's national convention in 2016.
CINCINNATI - The two Ohio cities still in contention to host the 2016 Republican National Convention will be visited in late April by party staff or members of a selection committee.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio warned Tuesday that terrorists training in ungoverned swaths of Syria could "soon" attack American interests around the world - or even on the nation's home soil.
PHOENIX - A federal magistrate on Tuesday ordered a Phoenix woman to remain jailed until she is returned to Las Vegas to face federal charges alleging she threw a shoe at Hillary Rodham Clinton during a speech.
DANE, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker, touting nearly $2 billion in tax cuts over the past three years and the addition of more than 100,000 jobs, officially launched his re-election campaign Tuesday with a series of rallies across Wisconsin.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum said Monday that foreign affairs, including the situation in the Ukraine, will be a key issue for the nation in the run up to the 2016 presidential election.
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov has emerged as the front-runner for a second term after taking the lead in the first round of presidential elections in the Balkan country.
CINCINNATI - To hold the Republican National Convention in Cincinnati, supporters must figure out how a host committee can raise the millions in private money that will be needed and also spruce up the downtown arena.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Two clear front-runners emerged in Afghanistan's presidential election as partial results released Sunday showed a tight race that increasingly appears destined for a runoff vote.
BISSAU, Guinea-Bissau - The people of Guinea-Bissau went to the polls on Sunday, and the question on everyone's mind was whether this tiny West African nation, known as a transit hub for cocaine traffic, will finally find stability through democratic elections.
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's president is seeking a second term in the Balkan country's fifth election since gaining independence following the breakup of the former Yugoslavia in 1991.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.