- Putin accuses US of meddling into FIFA affairs Updated: May-28-15 8:51 am
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin accused the United States of meddling in FIFA's affairs and hinted that it was part of an attempt to take the 2018 World Cup away from his country.
- UEFA decides not to boycott FIFA presidential election Updated: May-28-15 8:34 am
ZURICH - European soccer nations say they will not boycott the FIFA congress, where Sepp Blatter is up for re-election as president.
- CONCACAF wants FIFA election to go ahead despite turmoil Updated: May-28-15 8:30 am
ZURICH - The embattled CONCACAF soccer body says it wants the FIFA presidential election to go ahead Friday.
- THE LATEST: CAF backs Blatter, says FIFA vote should go on Updated: May-28-15 7:58 am
ZURICH - The Latest on FIFA developments:
- Asian federation still backs Blatter, wants elections Friday Updated: May-28-15 1:15 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The Asian Football Confederation says it still supports Sepp Blatter's bid for another term as FIFA president, and opposes any move to delay Friday's scheduled elections despite a fresh crisis in the sport's global governing body.
- Rand Paul blames GOP hawks for rise of Islamic State group Updated: May-27-15 10:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is blaming his own party for the rise of the Islamic State group.
- Burundi urges citizens to donate money to pay for elections Updated: May-27-15 8:49 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Burundi's government is asking Burundians to donate money to pay for elections as some foreign donors warn of aid cuts if President Pierre Nkurunziza runs for a third term, a presidential spokesman said Wednesday.
- Lawmakers defeat proposal dumping Nevada's caucus system Updated: May-27-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A proposal that would have changed how Nevada votes for presidential candidates has been defeated, but supporters say the measure could be revived.
- Many UN council members want Burundi elections postponed Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
- US, Swiss target top soccer officials in corruption probe Updated: May-27-15 7:38 pm
ZURICH - The U.S. government launched an attack on what it called deep-seated and brazen corruption in soccer's global governing body Wednesday, pulling FIFA executives out of a luxury Swiss hotel to face racketeering charges and raiding regional offices in Miami.
- GOP candidate Marco Rubio to make 'Pawn Stars' stop in Vegas Updated: May-27-15 7:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio is expected to spend his 44th birthday paying a campaign visit to the most famous pawn shop in Las Vegas.
- Sanders wants Clinton to take stand on trade deal Updated: May-27-15 5:03 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Bernie Sanders is questioning why Democratic presidential rival Hillary Rodman Clinton won't take a stand on the emerging trade deal with Pacific nations, which he calls "enormously important issue" she's been dodging.
- US Senator Graham in Israel ahead of likely presidential bid Updated: May-27-15 2:00 pm
JERUSALEM - U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham says allowing the United Nations to decide the Israeli-Palestinian peace process is a "mistake."
- Ethiopia: Partial results show ruling coalition in huge win Updated: May-27-15 11:53 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Ethiopia's ruling coalition won a sweeping victory in parliamentary elections, according to partial results released Wednesday. Western countries said the vote was peaceful but criticized what they described as restrictions on civil liberties.
- Chris Christie continues to criticize Patriot Act opponents Updated: May-27-15 10:53 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says lawmakers currently debating the fate of the Patriot Act lack his real-world experience and again made the case that the legislation should be renewed in its current form.
- FIFA says it is a 'damaged' party in case against officials Updated: May-27-15 9:50 am
ZURICH - FIFA portrayed itself as the victim after authorities in Switzerland and the United States acted swiftly Wednesday on a pair of separate soccer corruption cases.
- FIFA now subject to federal probes in US, Switzerland Updated: May-27-15 8:24 am
ZURICH - FIFA's reputation for corruption has reignited spectacularly two days before a presidential election expected to give Sepp Blatter four more years at the head of world soccer.
- Labrador named chairman on Rand Paul's presidential campaign Updated: May-27-15 7:05 am
- Bill to shift Ohio's 2016 primary poised for Senate vote Updated: May-27-15 3:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The date of Ohio's presidential primary would be pushed back a week next year under a bill before the swing state's Senate.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: May-26-15 11:06 pm
The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from swollen Blanco River; Texas death toll now 13
- McConnell: 2016 goal is to maintain, not grow, GOP majority Updated: May-26-15 5:27 pm
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Mitch McConnell said Tuesday the chances are "pretty slim" that Republicans will grow their majority in the U.S. Senate in 2016, saying his goal is to preserve the majority for what he hopes will be a Republican president.
- New members of FIFA's scandal-hit executive committee Updated: May-26-15 6:33 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee might have the worst reputation of any international sports body. Still, many candidates want to sit at soccer's high table, known as the ExCo.
- Conservative challenger Duda wins Polish presidential vote Updated: May-25-15 7:19 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Conservative challenger Andrzej Duda has won Poland's presidential election and ousted the incumbent in a runoff vote, according to official results Monday.
- FIFA challenger says he was offered Blatter's financial info Updated: May-25-15 6:44 pm
ZURICH - Prince Ali bin al-Hussein's FIFA election team says it rejected a potentially illegal offer to help him oust President Sepp Blatter in Friday's election and informed law enforcement agencies about the approach.
- Jeb Bush to get own home at family compound in Kennebunkport Updated: May-25-15 2:55 pm
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is getting a house of his own at the family compound on the coast of Maine where generations of Bushes have spent summers.