- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Burkina Faso holds 1st vote since popular uprising Updated: Nov-29-15 2:52 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Thousands of people cast their ballots Sunday in Burkina Faso's first presidential and legislative elections since a popular uprising toppled the nation's longtime leader last year.
- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don't want to come to US Updated: Nov-29-15 2:08 am
AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan - After touring Syrian refugee camps in Jordan, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Saturday suggested that camps should serve as a long-term solution for millions, while other refugees could be absorbed by Middle Eastern countries.
- Indiana county OKs election fund to help with election costs Updated: Nov-28-15 2:30 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Officials in southern Indiana's Monroe County have approved a new election fund that will help cover the rising costs of holding elections.
- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- After Paris, US political shift on privacy vs. security Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have renewed debate on the U.S. government's post-Sept. 11 domestic surveillance laws, leading to efforts to revive the issue on Capitol Hill and handing Marco Rubio an opening against Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.
- What to know about 'BernieCare,' Sanders' health overhaul Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The most ambitious "repeal and replace" health care plan from a presidential candidate comes from Sen. Bernie Sanders, not from a Republican.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Carson visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan Updated: Nov-28-15 12:18 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is in the Middle East this weekend to meet with Syrian refugees.
- In Haiti, No. 2 presidential candidate undecided on runoff Updated: Nov-27-15 4:22 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Campaign season for the final round of Haiti's elections has gotten started, but the second-place finisher in the presidential vote said Friday he hasn't decided whether he will participate in a runoff or continue to press for a recount.
- Hillary Clinton plans fundraising stop in Tulsa Updated: Nov-27-15 3:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is planning a fundraising stop early next month in Tulsa.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Local free community college plans may be template for US Updated: Nov-27-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - An economic engine. A jumpstart for lower-income students. A partnership with businesses to groom a workforce. The idea of free community college has been touted as all these, by President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidates, and some Republicans.
- Burkina Faso ex-leader's hometown adapts to life without him Updated: Nov-27-15 10:53 am
ZINIARE, Burkina Faso - During his nearly three decades in power, the hometown of Burkina Faso's ex-president transformed from a dusty village into a fast-growing provincial capital boasting paved roads, a private presidential estate and even a zoo with hippos and giraffes.
- Trump to campaign in Sarasota Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate front-runner Donald Trump returns to Florida for a campaign rally on Saturday.
- Asian soccer body urges support for FIFA candidate Salman Updated: Nov-27-15 6:29 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman received an endorsement Friday from his executive committee colleagues at the Asian soccer confederation.
- Venezuela opposition challenging on Chavez family turf Updated: Nov-26-15 3:25 pm
BARINAS, Venezuela - Asdrubal Chavez is a walking tribute to his still-revered cousin as he stumps for congress. Hugo Chavez's eyes peer out from above the bill of his red baseball cap. The late president's signature is emblazoned on his red shirt.
- Former Iranian president will run in February election Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's former influential president says he will run in elections for a clerical body that is in charge of choosing the country's supreme leader.
- Ohio hospitals already preparing for GOP National Convention Updated: Nov-26-15 9:47 am
CLEVELAND - Hospitals around Cleveland are beginning to prepare for next year's Republican National Convention and an influx of up to 50,000 visitors.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Egypt says 30 percent turnout in 2nd round of voting Updated: Nov-25-15 3:28 pm
CAIRO - Turnout in the second round of Egypt's parliamentary elections was nearly 30 percent, authorities said Wednesday, with the vote expected to result in a rubber-stamp body loyal to President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.
- Huckabee recovering after knee surgery in Little Rock Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is recovering after undergoing knee surgery Wednesday, a spokeswoman said.
- Rubio: Obama administration continues to make US less safe Updated: Nov-25-15 3:12 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio said in South Carolina on Wednesday that the Obama administration is making the United States less safe instead of more secure.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.