- Debate Takeaways: Clinton, Sanders appeal to SC, Nevada Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
MILWAUKEE - In the first Democratic presidential debate since Bernie Sanders' sweeping victory in New Hampshire's primary, the Vermont senator sought to build upon success and introduce himself to voters who may be open to an alternative to Iowa winner Hillary Clinton.
- Candidates promise unity in Central African Republic vote Updated: Feb-12-16 6:17 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - For more than two years, even going to the cemetery to bury a loved one could get a mourner killed too. The threat of attack from Christian militia fighters was once so high that Muslims here began burying their dead at home.
- FIFA candidate Sheikh Salman signs human rights pledge Updated: Feb-12-16 5:15 am
MIAMI - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman says he signed a pledge written by NGOs committing the governing body, if he leads it, to tackle human rights abuses and corruption.
- Martin O'Malley's band to perform in Baltimore next month Updated: Feb-12-16 5:06 am
BALTIMORE - Former presidential candidate Martin O'Malley will perform with his Irish pub-rock band for the first time since he suspended his presidential campaign.
- Sanders online fundraising gives Clinton a run for her money Updated: Feb-12-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money, $27 at a time.
- Bush campaigning in Anderson, talking faith in Greenville Updated: Feb-12-16 4:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is making a few more campaign stops in South Carolina before this weekend's Republican presidential debate.
- Kasich works to assure South Carolina of conservative record Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An energized John Kasich heads into South Carolina's Republican presidential primary hoping to build on a strong showing in New Hampshire, but he's refusing to tailor or shift his message to fit the state's more conservative electorate.
- Clinton, Sanders vigorously agree - except when they don't Updated: Feb-12-16 3:50 am
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders vigorously agreed. Except when they didn't.
- Worawi hopes depend on appeal against FAT elections Updated: Feb-11-16 11:47 pm
BANGKOK - Worawi Makudi's attempts to cling onto power in Thai football depend on an appeal against this week's Football Association of Thailand elections which voted in a new president.
- FIFA candidates head to Miami to meet CONCACAF in crisis Updated: Feb-11-16 11:07 pm
The five FIFA presidential candidates meet in Miami on Friday with the election's most inscrutable voters who are deep in their own leadership race amid a financial crisis.
- Sanders plans Minneapolis stop to talk black voter issues Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is planning a stop in Minnesota to talk about issues facing black residents.
- Campaign signs get new life to help people with disabilities Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The oversized Carly Fiorina campaign signs along New Hampshire's Route 4 weren't enough to keep the Republican presidential hopeful's campaign alive past Tuesday's primary, but they could end up helping people with disabilities live their lives more independently.
- Christie seeks federal relief for January snowstorm Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is asking the federal government for disaster assistance to help New Jersey pay for last month's winter storm.
- Judge orders Clinton's last emails public before Super Tues. Updated: Feb-11-16 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge has ordered Hillary Clinton's remaining emails from her time as secretary of state to be released by the end of the month, just before the presidential primary day known as Super Tuesday.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Groups decry US election official acting on citizenship rule Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - More than 30 advocacy groups are asking a federal elections official to withdraw changes made to a national form requiring residents of Kansas, Alabama and Georgia to provide proof of U.S. citizenship in order to register to vote.
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- Trump settles lawsuit against Univision Updated: Feb-11-16 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump and Univision say they have resolved the lawsuit that the Republican presidential contender filed after the company decided last summer not to broadcast the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants.
- Viewers' Guide: Post-NH, a tense Clinton-Sanders rematch Updated: Feb-11-16 11:57 am
WASHINGTON - Grudge match.
- Sanders, 2 Clintons visiting Colorado ahead of Super Tuesday Updated: Feb-11-16 11:14 am
DENVER - Democratic candidates Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and Clinton's daughter are due in Colorado with less than a month to go before the state and a dozen others weigh in on the primaries on Super Tuesday.
- FIFA candidate Ali queries Salman's role in Bahrain protests Updated: Feb-11-16 11:13 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali has questioned the role of election rival Sheikh Salman in not protecting Bahrain players who alleged abuses after pro-democracy protests in 2011.
- Bill Clinton to speak at Memphis early voting rally Updated: Feb-11-16 8:43 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to speak at an early voting organizing event in Memphis to rally supporters of his wife, Hillary Clinton, in the Tennessee primary.
- Kasich doing more campaigning along SC's coast Updated: Feb-11-16 4:08 am
PAWLEYS ISLAND, South Carolina - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is continuing his campaign swing through South Carolina with several stops in the northeastern part of the state.
- Cruz, Santorum participating in SC discussion on race Updated: Feb-11-16 4:04 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - At least two of the remaining Republican presidential hopefuls are coming to South Carolina to discuss race issues.