- Venezuela's president tightens grip on media Updated: Dec-07-13 12:05 am
- Chile presidential candidates square off in debate Updated: Dec-06-13 1:28 pm
- Jean Todt re-elected as FIA president Updated: Dec-06-13 6:26 am
- Ala. Rep. Wren elected leader of insurance group Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 am
- Nelson Mandela, 20th century colossus, dies at 95 Updated: Dec-05-13 5:04 pm
- Ukraine official rejects early elections demand Updated: Dec-05-13 4:09 pm
- Honduras holds off presidential vote recount Updated: Dec-04-13 10:07 pm
- New AFL-CIO head aims to educate, mobilize locally Updated: Dec-04-13 4:43 pm
- Federal agents search home of former GOP lawmaker Updated: Dec-04-13 4:16 pm
- US Sen. Warren vows to serve out six-year term Updated: Dec-04-13 4:09 pm
- Millions of New Delhi residents vote in city polls Updated: Dec-04-13 6:37 am
- 2-time Mexico presidential candidate hospitalized Updated: Dec-03-13 3:51 pm
- Americans Elect party dissolves in Nebraska Updated: Dec-03-13 2:31 pm
- Prominent politicians boost KC's GOP convention Updated: Dec-03-13 8:43 am
- Christie: Early front-runner status 'meaningless' Updated: Dec-02-13 6:25 pm
- Honduras will recount tallies in presidential vote Updated: Dec-02-13 5:55 pm
- Christie lays out objections to tuition bill Updated: Dec-02-13 5:37 pm
- Main players in Ukraine's political drama Updated: Dec-02-13 12:45 pm
- Thousands march in Honduras to demand vote recount Updated: Dec-01-13 6:09 pm
- Heitkamp balances national Democrats, ND opinion Updated: Nov-30-13 1:25 pm
- GOP rules Texas, but talking like they're on ropes Updated: Nov-30-13 12:12 pm
- New Ivory Coast election set for October 2015 Updated: Nov-30-13 11:14 am
- Police forcefully break up demonstration in Kiev Updated: Nov-30-13 12:08 am
- Honduran candidate calls for protest, vote recount Updated: Nov-30-13 12:05 am
- KC group gets bid packet for 2016 GOP convention Updated: Nov-29-13 8:05 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - As Gov. Henrique Capriles campaigned for president of Venezuela last April, he couldn't venture more than a few steps without being hounded by dozens of sharp-elbowed cameramen and photographers. Nearly eight months later, the visibly thinner and exhausted opposition leader is accompanied by just a handful of journalists at what was supposed to be one of the final, electrifying opposition rallies ahead of this weekend's mayoral elections.
SANTIAGO, Chile - Michelle Bachelet defended promises of deep social changes while her conservative rival Evelyn Matthei said reducing poverty and crime are more important than Bachelet's call for free education during a debate ahead of the presidential elections.
PARIS - Jean Todt unanimously won a second term as president of motorsports governing body FIA on Friday, running unopposed.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Rep. Greg Wren of Montgomery has been elected president of the National Conference of Insurance Legislators.
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world's most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.
KIEV, Ukraine - A top Ukrainian official on Thursday rejected the opposition's demand for early presidential elections amid major street protests gripping the country, as Western officials scramble to help work out a solution to the crisis.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' electoral court says it has held off a recount of vote tally sheets from the Nov. 24 presidential election after representatives of the losing party failed to show up.
INDIANAPOLIS - The state's labor movement needs to revitalize itself at the community level and get more labor-friendly candidates elected to office, the new president of the Indiana State AFL-CIO said Wednesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal agents recently searched the home of former Republican state Sen. Kent Sorenson and seized computers and other materials, his attorney said Wednesday.
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she has no plans to run for president in 2016.
NEW DELHI - Millions of residents of India's capital lined up Wednesday to cast their ballots in city polls that are expected to serve as an indication of how Indians will vote in next year's national elections.
MEXICO CITY - Two-time Mexican presidential challenger Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador suffered a heart attack Tuesday that required surgery, but he was reported in stable condition.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A political organization that had hoped to field bipartisan candidates for president and vice president has been dissolved in Nebraska.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prominent Republicans from Missouri and Kansas are working to promote Kansas City's effort to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he doesn't think much about his status as front-runner for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Honduras' electoral court will recount vote tally sheets from the Nov. 24 the presidential election after receiving a fraud complaint from second-place candidate Xiomara Castro, court president David Matamoros said Monday.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie spelled out his objections to an immigrant tuition bill making its way through the state Legislature for the first time Monday, when he reiterated his refusal to sign the proposal in its current form.
KIEV, Ukraine - The Ukrainian government's abrupt decision to freeze ties with the West and violently disperse a peaceful rally has fueled public anger and drawn hundreds of thousands to the streets of the Ukrainian capital. Here is a look at the main characters in Ukraine's political drama:
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Thousands of people marched peacefully Sunday in Honduras' capital to support opposition presidential candidate Xiomara Castro in her claim that last weekend's election was fraudulent.
WASHINGTON - Democrat Heidi Heitkamp spent much of her 2012 Senate campaign trying to distinguish herself from national figures in her party like President Barack Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
HOUSTON - Sick of losing on Election Day, they huddled candidates on their 2014 statewide ticket in a hotel ballroom and bristled at being outspent and outnumbered by political rivals in Texas who they talked up as sophisticated and savvy.
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara says a presidential election will be held in October 2015.
KIEV, Ukraine - Police in the Ukrainian capital broke up a large anti-government demonstration in the city center before dawn Saturday, swinging truncheons and injuring many.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Opposition candidate Xiomara Castro announced Friday that she won't recognize the result of Honduras' presidential election because of alleged voter fraud and called on her supporters to protest the win by the ruling party candidate.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association spokeswoman says there could be a "significant announcement" next week about efforts to bring the 2016 Republican National Convention to the city.