- UN chief: Syria war threatens Lebanon's stability Updated: Apr-24-14 3:53 pm
- Journalists charged with defaming Thailand's navy Updated: Apr-17-14 9:04 am
- UN seeks $274 million for Central African Republic Updated: Apr-16-14 10:41 am
- Gov. Mead addresses refugee resettlement criticism Updated: Apr-14-14 11:01 am
- African migrants in Israel hold Passover meal Updated: Apr-11-14 2:22 pm
- Doctors Without Borders blasts UN in South Sudan Updated: Apr-09-14 2:37 pm
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Updated: Apr-03-14 3:55 pm
- Syrian rocket hits Turkish mosque, injures refugee Updated: Mar-31-14 10:37 am
- Student interpreter works with refugee families Updated: Mar-30-14 4:41 pm
- Immigrant family eager for larger home Updated: Mar-30-14 12:56 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. secretary-general is warning that the 3-year-old conflict in Syria poses a serious threat to the stability of neighboring Lebanon, as thousands of refugees stream into the small country and weapons and fighters are transferred out.
PHUKET, Thailand - Thai authorities on Thursday charged two journalists with defaming Thailand's navy in an online news report about the trafficking of refugees from Myanmar, amid concerns about press freedom in the country.
GENEVA - The United Nations and aid groups launched an appeal for $274 million Wednesday to help people who have fled the Central African Republic because of the sectarian conflict there, warning that the dire needs of hundreds of thousands of refugees can't be met with existing funds.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead is addressing criticism about the possibility of opening a refugee resettlement program in Wyoming.
HOLOT DETENTION FACILITY, Israel - Hundreds of African migrants gathered in Israel's Negev desert Friday to eat matzo and recall the Passover story, mere steps away from a detention facility where they are being held.
JUBA, South Sudan - In a blistering criticism of the United Nations mission in South Sudan, Doctors Without Borders said Wednesday that the mission is refusing to quickly move 21,000 displaced people from a U.N. base to safer grounds before the rainy season.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - Yahya was trapped in his hometown for two years by Syria's civil war, moving from house to house to avoid shells and bullets. His father was killed by a sniper. His family then fled to another town that came under a fierce government offensive.
ANKARA, Turkey - Officials say Turkish artillery units have fired into Syrian territory in retaliation for a rocket that hit a mosque in a Turkish border town, injuring a 60-year old Syrian woman refugee.
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Me Meh wants to help people in the Bowling Green area who speak Karenni, one of the three languages in which she is fluent.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The war is long behind them, as are their days living in forests and refugee campus, but life for Abdineko Mausa and Andjela Uredi's family of 12 remains a difficult one.