- UN seeks $274 million for Central African Republic Updated: Apr-16-14 10:41 am
- Gov. Mead addresses refugee resettlement criticism Updated: Apr-14-14 11:01 am
- African migrants in Israel hold Passover meal Updated: Apr-11-14 2:22 pm
- Doctors Without Borders blasts UN in South Sudan Updated: Apr-09-14 2:37 pm
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees Updated: Apr-03-14 3:55 pm
- Syrian rocket hits Turkish mosque, injures refugee Updated: Mar-31-14 10:37 am
- Student interpreter works with refugee families Updated: Mar-30-14 4:41 pm
- Immigrant family eager for larger home Updated: Mar-30-14 12:56 pm
- Uganda: Death toll from boat accident rises to 107 Updated: Mar-24-14 12:51 pm
- Programs help immigrants understand kitchens in US Updated: Mar-23-14 2:40 pm
- Italy picks up 4,000 migrants at sea in 4 days Updated: Mar-20-14 1:38 pm
- UN refugee agency: Syrians dead in Greek sinking Updated: Mar-19-14 5:22 pm
- Obama says path to Mideast peace challenging Updated: Mar-17-14 4:28 pm
- 107-year-old Syrian, family reunited in Germany Updated: Mar-17-14 3:35 pm
GENEVA - The United Nations and aid groups launched an appeal for $274 million Wednesday to help people who have fled the Central African Republic because of the sectarian conflict there, warning that the dire needs of hundreds of thousands of refugees can't be met with existing funds.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead is addressing criticism about the possibility of opening a refugee resettlement program in Wyoming.
HOLOT DETENTION FACILITY, Israel - Hundreds of African migrants gathered in Israel's Negev desert Friday to eat matzo and recall the Passover story, mere steps away from a detention facility where they are being held.
JUBA, South Sudan - In a blistering criticism of the United Nations mission in South Sudan, Doctors Without Borders said Wednesday that the mission is refusing to quickly move 21,000 displaced people from a U.N. base to safer grounds before the rainy season.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - Yahya was trapped in his hometown for two years by Syria's civil war, moving from house to house to avoid shells and bullets. His father was killed by a sniper. His family then fled to another town that came under a fierce government offensive.
ANKARA, Turkey - Officials say Turkish artillery units have fired into Syrian territory in retaliation for a rocket that hit a mosque in a Turkish border town, injuring a 60-year old Syrian woman refugee.
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Me Meh wants to help people in the Bowling Green area who speak Karenni, one of the three languages in which she is fluent.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The war is long behind them, as are their days living in forests and refugee campus, but life for Abdineko Mausa and Andjela Uredi's family of 12 remains a difficult one.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The death toll from a boat accident on Lake Albert in western Uganda has reached 107, Ugandan police said on Monday, a drastic rise from the figure of 19 dead given hours after the boat capsized on Saturday.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The problems refugees face after relocating in Sioux Falls are relatively mundane compared to what they faced at home.
ROME - Italian authorities say they have rescued more than 4,000 would-be migrants at sea over the past four days as the war in Syria and instability in Libya spawn new waves of refugees.
ATHENS, Greece - The United Nations refugee agency says seven migrants who drowned near a Greek island Tuesday were Syrian refugees, and renewed a call on the European Union to improve coordination in dealing with people fleeing the war.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama pressed visiting Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Monday to help break the logjam to elusive Mideast peace talks, acknowledging with a deadline fast approaching that the task ahead is "very hard, it's very challenging."
BERLIN - A 107-year-old woman who fled the conflict in Syria has arrived in Germany to be reunited with her family, including her newborn great-great-granddaughter, officials said Monday.