- Venezuelan middle class seeks refuge in Miami Updated: Mar-07-14 3:50 pm
- Leaders meet in Paris to win help for Lebanon Updated: Mar-05-14 5:03 pm
- Obama: Tough choices nearing in Mideast talks Updated: Mar-03-14 4:10 pm
- 1880s Jacksonville couldn't flee yellow fever Updated: Mar-01-14 1:55 am
- UN: Syrians to be world's biggest refugee group Updated: Feb-25-14 3:33 pm
- Muslims seek refuge in C. African Republic church Updated: Feb-24-14 1:50 pm
- Wis. donors offer home goods for incoming refugees Updated: Feb-23-14 6:47 pm
- Former child soldier wants Wyoming refugee office Updated: Feb-22-14 3:22 pm
- Syrians in remote tented settlement feel abandoned Updated: Feb-22-14 3:29 am
- Israel begins sending African migrants to Uganda Updated: Feb-19-14 3:14 pm
- Rights group: Saudis deport 12,000 Somalis Updated: Feb-19-14 10:55 am
- UN says Liberia sent refugees home illegally Updated: Feb-18-14 1:45 pm
- Obama to seek additional financial aid for Jordan Updated: Feb-15-14 12:13 am
MIAMI - Carlos Salamanca fled Venezuela's growing political turmoil in January with his wife, two teenage children and $7,000.
PARIS - An international support group for Lebanon appealed Wednesday for nations to extend pledges of financial help for the fragile country, which is coping with an influx of Syrian refugees, terror attacks and a struggling economy.
WASHINGTON - Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Barack Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - This is a story about death carts, orphans, yellow flags, mosquitoes and a battle for survival inside a diseased city.
UNITED NATIONS - Syrians could soon overtake Afghans as the world's biggest refugee population, with their numbers expected to pass 4 million by year's end, a top U.N. official said Tuesday.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - The Christian militiamen know hundreds of Muslims are hiding here on the grounds of the Catholic church and now they're giving them a final ultimatum: Leave Central African Republic within a week or face death at the hands of machete-wielding youths.
APPLETON, Wisconsin - About 75 refugees who are expected to relocate to Appleton this year from Congo, Iraq and Myanmar will benefit from the generosity of local donors, who've already begun collecting furniture, toiletries and cleaning supplies for their new neighbors.
CASPER, Wyoming - Bertine Bahige hid under his bed while gunshots echoed throughout his hometown of Bukavu in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The sound of his mother's screams dimmed the pings of bullets when the rebel soldiers entered his home. He watched a rebel smack his mother unconscious with the butt of a gun.
NORTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Every day at dawn, teenager Sultan Ahmad al-Saleh gets up and starts work, 12 hours in the fields picking vegetables in this remote corner of northwestern Jordan. It's what he's been doing for the past three years, ever since he was 14 years old and his family fled here to escape Syria's civil war.
JERUSALEM - Israel has begun sending dozens of African migrants to Uganda, an Israeli official said Wednesday, a move that has sparked concerns that they are being coerced into going to a country that may not keep them safe.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabian authorities have deported more than 12,000 migrants held under "appalling conditions" back to their native Somalia, where many now face life-threatening situations, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberian security forces sent 14 registered refugees from Ivory Coast back to their home country, violating international law, United Nations officials said Tuesday.
RANCHO MIRAGE, California - Seeking crucial help for a key Middle Eastern ally, President Barack Obama announced late Friday that he will ask Congress to approve a new round of financial aid for Jordan, which is struggling to manage the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees from the civil war in Syria.