- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker Updated: Apr-24-14 12:43 pm
- 1 found dead after apartment fire near Purdue Updated: Apr-24-14 12:25 pm
- State builds $6.65 million youth treatment center Updated: Apr-24-14 10:10 am
- NYC mayor proposes tax relief for Sandy victims Updated: Apr-23-14 7:10 pm
- Vermont seeks FEMA damage probe of April flooding Updated: Apr-23-14 11:46 am
- Firefighters put out fire at Albuquerque warehouse Updated: Apr-23-14 10:54 am
- Authorities say southwest Ohio blast 'suspicious' Updated: Apr-23-14 10:52 am
- Buxton home heavily damaged by fire Updated: Apr-22-14 5:04 pm
- Ky. tree nursery rebuilt 2 years after storm Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 am
- Firefighting sheep return to Carson City Updated: Apr-21-14 4:34 pm
- Trash fire causes damage at Las Vegas apartments Updated: Apr-21-14 2:01 pm
- Easter Day fire heavily damages Auburn home Updated: Apr-21-14 5:49 am
- Kokomo area rebounds from flooding 1 year ago Updated: Apr-20-14 1:11 pm
- Easter Bunny train sparks New Jersey brush fires Updated: Apr-19-14 5:17 pm
- Fire destroys house in Horace Updated: Apr-19-14 4:32 pm
- Man gets second life after 2009 tornado Updated: Apr-19-14 2:41 pm
- Fire destroys 3 homes at Jersey shore community Updated: Apr-18-14 8:58 pm
- Fire destroys Swanton sugar house Updated: Apr-18-14 6:46 pm
- NYC to change maligned Sandy rebuilding program Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- 6-alarm fire damages Cambridge apartment block Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 am
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave Updated: Apr-16-14 9:52 am
- Iowa City fire damages several businesses Updated: Apr-16-14 6:32 am
- Schumer urges FEMA to OK $6.7M for Troy seawall Updated: Apr-15-14 2:17 pm
- Experts: winter ice, winds damaged Illinois trees Updated: Apr-15-14 9:28 am
- Oily rags start fire; 2 Portland houses damaged Updated: Apr-14-14 9:25 pm
WATKINSVILLE, Georgia - A fire has destroyed the northeast Georgia home of former state Rep. Bob Smith.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Authorities say one person was found dead after a fire that badly burned an apartment building where many Purdue University students live near the campus.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Construction is underway on a modern, $6.65 million girls treatment facility at the Alabama Department of Youth Services' Mt. Meigs campus, replacing a facility that was destroyed by a tornado two years ago.
ALBANY, New York - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio proposed legislation in Albany on Wednesday that would prevent higher tax bills for city residents who rebuilt or repaired their homes after they were damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials are asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency to assess the damage from last week's flooding that closed roads and bridges to see if some counties qualify for federal disaster assistance.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque firefighters have put out a fire in a business warehouse in northeast Albuquerque.
DAYTON, Ohio - A natural gas explosion that leveled a vacant home and damaged 48 nearby structures in southwest Ohio is considered suspicious, authorities said.
BUXTON, Maine - Buxton's fire chief says it appears a home in town is a total loss after an early morning fire, but there are no reports of injuries.
WEST LIBERTY, Kentucky - A tornado that devastated the eastern Kentucky town of West Liberty two years ago also destroyed a state tree nursery.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Carson City welcomed what's become an annual spring contingent of four-legged firefighters.
LAS VEGAS - A fire in a trash can spread to the roof of a Las Vegas apartment building, causing $75,000 damage.
AUBURN, Maine - A two-alarm Easter Day fire caused extensive damage to an Auburn home, but no one was seriously injured.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Getting back to normal hasn't been easy for many families affected by flooding of the Wildcat Creek one year ago.
POHATCONG TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A train carrying the Easter Bunny in northwestern New Jersey has ignited several small brush fires.
HORACE, North Dakota - Authorities say no one was injured in a fire that started at a house this morning in Horace.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Although he'll never meet his sister, Olivia, in person, 11-month-old Lucas Bryant will know all about her.
SEA ISLE CITY, New Jersey - Three homes have been destroyed by a fire that broke out near the beachfront of a Jersey Shore community.
SWANTON, Vermont - Fire has destroyed a sugar house in the Vermont town of Swanton.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled a sweeping report Thursday that examined New York City's recovery progress from Superstorm Sandy and promised to reform a much-maligned program that was supposed to rebuild wrecked homes.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A six-alarm fire caused extensive damage to a Cambridge apartment building, but authorities say all the residents escaped unharmed.
GALVESTON, Texas - The owner of an offshore drilling rig is waiting for weather off the Texas coast to improve to assess damage to the rig after it was struck by a large storm wave.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Several businesses have been damaged by a fire that ripped through a commercial building in Iowa City.
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer is calling on the Federal Emergency Management Agency to approve $6.7 million for repairs to the city of Troy's seawall.
DECATUR, Illinois - This year's particularly nasty winter has taken its toll on trees across Illinois.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland Fire and Rescue spokesman says oily rags left out in the sun caused a Monday afternoon fire that burned two houses in southwest Portland.