- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- The Latest: East Texas struck by tornadoes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Latest on severe weather in the central U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Fire destroys home in Southampton Township Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 am
SOUTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - No one was injured as fire destroyed a home in Southampton Township.
- Springfield condo fire displaces 1, causes $50K in damage Updated: Apr-29-16 4:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Fire officials say a blaze that broke out at a condominium complex in Springfield's Forest Park Heights section displaced one person and caused $50,000 in damage.
- Tornado damages barn, 2 homes northwest of Indianapolis Updated: Apr-28-16 6:01 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a tornado damaged two homes and a metal barn northwest of Indianapolis.
- Fire after shootout at Kan. motel caused $350,000 in damage Updated: Apr-28-16 3:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Topeka fire officials say a blaze that occurred at a motel following a shootout between federal agents and a suspect caused an estimated $350,000 in damage.
- Rains wash out Kansas rail track, cause wastewater overflow Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Heavy rain has washed out several sections of railroad track, damaged a small bridge and caused about 2.4 million gallons of untreated wastewater to be released into the Kansas River.
- Lightning blamed for blaze that destroyed a Kansas home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities have confirmed that lightning caused a fire that destroyed a suburban Kansas City home.
- Officials: Haverhill church fire is 'definitely suspicious' Updated: Apr-28-16 7:26 am
HAVERHILL, Massachusetts - Fire officials have characterized a blaze that caused approximately $70,000 in damage to the exterior of a Massachusetts church as suspicious.
- Group says Honolulu rail at risk of flood damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:43 am
HONOLULU - A group of residents is prepared to take Honolulu officials to court over the city's multibillion-dollar rail project because of concerns that the rail could be vulnerable to flood damage.
- Flooding causes $4,000 in damage at Wahpeton High School Updated: Apr-27-16 7:03 am
WAHPETON, North Dakota - Flooding caused an estimated $4,000 in damage to Wahpeton High School.
- German shepherd helps rescue children from burning home Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
LONGWOOD, Florida - Authorities in central Florida say a German shepherd helped firefighters locate the two young children of his owners in heavy smoke as a blaze destroyed their home.
- Official: Large Poconos brush fire 90 percent contained Updated: Apr-27-16 3:56 am
CANADENSIS, Pennsylvania - A state forestry official says a large brush fire in the Pocono mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that has destroyed nearly a dozen structures could be out in a few days.
- ATF finishing examination of scene of fire that killed 4 Updated: Apr-26-16 3:16 pm
LURAY, Virginia - The ATF says it is concluding the fire scene investigation of a blaze that killed four people, including two young children, and destroyed a house in Page County.
- Homemade explosives blamed for fatal Grand Island fire Updated: Apr-26-16 1:32 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - State investigators say homemade explosives caused the fire in which a Grand Island business owner died.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.
- Emergency landing amid Michigan storms damages small plane Updated: Apr-26-16 5:50 am
SOUTH HAVEN, Michigan - Authorities say a small plane went off a runway in southwestern Michigan after the pilot made an emergency landing due to thunderstorms.
- Fire destroys home in Glenwood Springs Updated: Apr-25-16 11:47 pm
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials are investigating the cause of a fire that destroyed a hillside home in Glenwood Springs.
- Weather Service surveys damage from Kansas tornado Updated: Apr-25-16 1:39 pm
MUNDEN, Kansas - The National Weather Service is surveying damage from a northern Kansas tornado that left two people with minor injuries, damaged about 10 homes and destroyed a trailer.
- Red Cross; Oceanside fire damages or destroys 14 apartments Updated: Apr-25-16 11:01 am
OCEANSIDE, New York - Fourteen apartments were damaged or destroyed in a fire on Long Island.
- Rain-laden northwest Iowa storms topple utility poles, trees Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Spring thunderstorms that dropped more than 2 inches of rain in some parts of northwest Iowa also damaged some homes and knocked down utility poles and trees.
- F-5 tornado struck the Wichita metro area 25 years ago Updated: Apr-25-16 10:38 am
ANDOVER, Kansas - The air was so muggy that day. April 26, 1991.
- Residents escape fire ignited by lightning in Otsego Updated: Apr-25-16 7:25 am
OTSEGO, Minnesota - A group of children at a sleepover and others fled from one of two homes destroyed when lightning struck and ignited a fire in the Twin Cities metro.
- Fires destroy home, apartment complex in New Town area Updated: Apr-25-16 7:11 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Separate fires in the New Town area have displaced residents of an apartment complex and a single-family home.