- Officials report 2 tornadoes in Arkansas Updated: Dec-21-13 8:37 pm
- Owner of home destroyed in blast suspects gas leak Updated: Dec-21-13 5:32 pm
- Fire destroys Maine church converted into home Updated: Dec-21-13 11:18 am
- Tornado-damaged billboards ordered removed Updated: Dec-21-13 4:07 am
- NJ dealer charged with selling storm-damaged cars Updated: Dec-20-13 6:10 pm
- Consultant ups Ill. town's tornado damage estimate Updated: Dec-20-13 2:09 pm
- Federal storm aid unlikely for Lafayette area Updated: Dec-20-13 11:45 am
- Quinn seeks federal aid for tornado-damaged areas Updated: Dec-19-13 10:45 pm
- Doghouse heat lamp blamed for house fire Updated: Dec-19-13 6:33 pm
- Fire destroys house in Columbus Updated: Dec-19-13 5:31 pm
- Gustavus ferry terminal damaged in storm Updated: Dec-19-13 1:58 pm
- W. Pa. fire destroys fuel storage business Updated: Dec-19-13 10:08 am
- 1,000 firefighters battling Big Sur blaze Updated: Dec-19-13 2:37 am
- Auction OK'd for railroad in Quebec derailment Updated: Dec-18-13 12:59 pm
- Fires damage 3 Fort Yukon buildings Updated: Dec-17-13 3:26 pm
- Suspected gas explosion damages Urbana building Updated: Dec-17-13 10:37 am
- Central Florida city assesses tornado damage Updated: Dec-17-13 7:23 am
- Fire destroys, damages Saginaw County school buses Updated: Dec-16-13 10:58 am
- School gym damaged in storm unusable for 2 months Updated: Dec-16-13 9:22 am
- Fire destroys home in Putney, Vt., 6 homeless Updated: Dec-16-13 6:58 am
- Ind. asks for more damage reports from Nov. storm Updated: Dec-15-13 5:52 pm
- Tornado-ravaged Ill. village presses rebuilding Updated: Dec-15-13 3:32 pm
- Gaza Strip receives fuel after battered by storm Updated: Dec-15-13 1:17 pm
- North Texas ice storm insured damage reaches $30M Updated: Dec-13-13 2:26 pm
- No evidence of crime in Ripon fire Updated: Dec-13-13 1:23 pm
HUGHES, Arkansas - Weather officials say a second suspected tornado has touched down in Arkansas, injuring two people and damaging about 20 homes.
FIRTH, Nebraska - The owner of a home in rural southeast Nebraska destroyed in an explosion says he suspects a gas leak inside the house caused the blast that lifted the house from its foundation and blew out its sides.
AUBURN, Maine - Fire has destroyed an old church that had been converted into a home in the Maine town of Auburn.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Owners of 15 billboards damaged by a Nov. 17 tornado in Kokomo are protesting a new ordinance that requires them to be removed instead of repaired.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The operator of a used car dealership in Middlesex County has been charged with others in an alleged scheme to sell vehicles that were damaged in Superstorm Sandy.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - A consultant hired by tornado-hit Washington has calculated a higher damage estimate that could make the central Illinois town and the state eligible for federal disaster help, city officials said Thursday.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - State officials say it's unlikely that the Lafayette area will receive any federal assistance in recovering from damage caused by last month's severe storms.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn and Illinois' congressional delegation have asked the Obama administration to approve federal aid for communities hit by last month's deadly tornadoes.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Firefighters in Boone County believe a heat lamp in a doghouse caused a massive blaze that heavily damaged a home.
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Firefighters battled a stubborn house fire for hours Thursday on Columbus' north side.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The ferry terminal in the southeast Alaska community of Gustavus suffered minor damage to its vehicle transfer ramp after a weekend winter storm.
HOMER CITY, Pennsylvania - A fuel storage business in western Pennsylvania has been destroyed by fire and explosions, and some neighbors were evacuated and nearby roads closed.
BIG SUR, California - Officials are hopeful that a late fall wildfire in California's Big Sur region will soon be fully contained, after the flames destroyed more than a dozen homes and forced about 100 people to flee.
PORTLAND, Maine - As the first trains rolled into a Quebec town devastated by a derailment and fire that killed 47 people, a federal bankruptcy judge approved bidding procedures Wednesday for the auction of the Maine-based railroad that owned the train.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fires have destroyed three buildings in two weeks in the interior Alaska community of Fort Yukon.
URBANA, Illinois - No injuries were reported after a suspected natural gas explosion in an unoccupied building on the University of Illinois campus.
PALM COAST, Florida - A central Florida city has declared a state of local emergency in the wake of a tornado that destroyed seven homes and damaged more than 150 others.
SAGINAW TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in Saginaw County say electrical problems caused a blaze that destroyed two school buses and damaged two more.
MATTAWAN, Michigan - Officials say a southwestern Michigan high school gymnasium that lost part of its roof in a windstorm is expected to be unusable for about two more months.
PUTNEY, Vermont - A family has escaped a house fire in Putney, Vermont
KOKOMO, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Homeland Security and local county emergency management agencies are renewing a call for people who sustained damage to homes or businesses to report it online as the state prepares to appeal the federal government's decision against declaring Howard County a major disaster area following November storms.
GIFFORD, Illinois - A small central Illinois village that was raked by a tornado last month that leveled a third of its homes is rebuilding, with residents undeterred by the recent cold snap or the prospect that some of affected homeowners are moving elsewhere, civic and business leaders say.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Gaza Strip received its first shipment of industrial fuel in 45 days on Sunday, bringing much-needed relief to the coastal territory after a winter storm dumped rare snow across the region.
DALLAS - Damage from this month's North Texas ice storm has reached at least $30 million in residential insured losses, according to an industry group.
RIPON, Wisconsin - Investigators have found no evidence of criminal activity in the fire that destroyed three buildings in downtown Ripon, according to the city's police chief.