- Early morning fire destroys mobile home in northern Wahpeton Updated: Jul-04-15 1:25 pm
WAHPETON, North Dakota - Authorities say a fire destroyed a mobile home Saturday morning in Wahpeton.
- Vacant Omaha house destroyed by fire early Saturday Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Firefighters are investigating the cause of a fire that destroyed a vacant house in eastern Omaha.
- I-70 East reopens near site of central Ohio tanker fire Updated: Jul-03-15 2:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol says eastbound traffic headed toward Columbus on Interstate 70 is flowing again around the site of a damaged bridge in time for the city's massive Fourth of July celebration.
- Storms, rain rake Missouri, 1 dies in flash flooding Updated: Jul-02-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - Another night of strong storms and torrential rain swept across Missouri, leading to a flash flooding death in eastern Missouri and two apparent tornadoes in suburban Kansas City.
- Tornado tosses mobile home 60 feet, injuring Montana man Updated: Jul-02-15 4:16 pm
SIDNEY, Montana - A tornado picked up a single-wide trailer in eastern Montana and threw it onto a storage shed about 60 feet away, injuring a 79-year-old man and his dog.
- Town of Fairdale rezoned to make tornado recovery easier Updated: Jul-02-15 10:13 am
FAIRDALE, Illinois - The tornado-struck small northern Illinois town of Fairdale has been rezoned to help with rebuilding efforts.
- Mayors meeting with governor's office on storm damage Updated: Jul-02-15 8:35 am
WOOLWICH, New Jersey - Mayors from towns hit hard by a severe storm last week are finally getting a meeting with Gov. Chris Christie's office.
- Western wildfires: Progress against Washington fires Updated: Jul-02-15 2:07 am
Fire crews have reported progress fighting wildfires in tinder-dry, drought-stricken Washington state, as well as in Nevada.
- Officials rule out natural causes in Wenatchee wildfire Updated: Jul-02-15 1:52 am
WENATCHEE, Washington - Firefighters attacked hotspots Wednesday at a wildfire that has destroyed nearly 30 homes in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.
- Ohio to replace bridge after tanker fire, reroute traffic Updated: Jul-01-15 10:39 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Transportation officials plan to replace a bridge that was charred early Wednesday morning when a tanker truck carrying ethanol overturned, caught fire and forced closures on two major highways near Ohio's capital, leading to damage possibly up to $1 million and two citations for the driver.
- Current heat wave can have negative impact on crops Updated: Jul-01-15 6:59 pm
MOSCOW, Idaho - Agricultural experts say the current heat wave can have a negative impact on farmer's crops.
- Officials rule out natural causes in Washington state blaze Updated: Jul-01-15 6:44 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - Authorities say a wildfire that destroyed nearly 30 homes in central Washington state was likely human-caused.
- Pence surveys flood damage at 2 northern Indiana farms Updated: Jul-01-15 5:02 pm
RENSSELAER, Indiana - Gov. Mike Pence has surveyed damaged crops in northern Indiana.
- Fireworks cause blaze at Ronan-area shop, apartment Updated: Jul-01-15 3:56 pm
POLSON, Montana - A young boy playing with fireworks started a fire east of Ronan that caused $250,000 in damage to a shop and apartment.
- Pierre parks reopening following post-storm cleanup Updated: Jul-01-15 7:02 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - City parks in Pierre and the back nine holes at a local golf course are reopening in time for the July Fourth weekend, after more than a week of cleanup following a severe storm.
- W.Va. gets federal funds to hire storm cleanup workers Updated: Jul-01-15 2:47 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - WorkForce West Virginia is getting federal money to hire about 200 temporary workers for recovery and cleanup efforts after recent severe storms and flooding.
- Lincoln City Council denies over $600K in sewage claims Updated: Jun-30-15 4:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Lincoln City Council has rejected more than $600,000 in claims by residents whose homes were damaged by sewage during heavy rains.
- Brief monsoon storm downs trees in Phoenix metro area Updated: Jun-30-15 10:37 am
PHOENIX - A brief monsoon storm that swept through the Phoenix area downed trees as it produced rain, lightning and thunder.
- Rhode Island fire destroys garage, damages home Updated: Jun-30-15 7:13 am
CUMBERLAND, Rhode Island - The State Fire Marshal's office is helping investigate a fire in a Rhode Island involving a car battery that destroyed a garage and damaged the attached house.
- Weekend storms cause damage throughout Davison County Updated: Jun-29-15 12:14 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Weekend storms left pockets of damage across Davison County in southeastern South Dakota.
- Crews, residents cleaning up from small Pennsylvania tornado Updated: Jun-29-15 9:02 am
CRANBERRY, Pennsylvania - Tree services and residents have just about cleared the downed trees and other debris left behind by a weak tornado in western Pennsylvania.
- Members of tornado-damaged Michigan churches pray together Updated: Jun-28-15 3:28 pm
PORTLAND, Michigan - Members of four central Michigan churches damaged by a tornado came together in prayer Sunday morning at a high school.
- 3 Years Later - Remember the devastating 2012 Charlotte Fire Updated: Jun-28-15 12:54 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho - As Sharon Abreu recalls the sequence of events that occurred on June 28, 2012, she shivers and goose bumps raise on her arms as she speaks.
- Weather damage to public infrastructure exceeds $13.5M Updated: Jun-26-15 4:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska emergency officials say recent severe weather has caused more than $13.5 million in damage to roads, bridges and other public infrastructure.
- Galveston to spend $2M to replant trees destroyed by Ike Updated: Jun-26-15 2:41 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The Galveston City Council has voted to spend up to $2 million to replant some live oaks and palm trees destroyed by Hurricane Ike in 2008.