- Fire cleanup at Cannon Ball school to take couple of weeks Updated: Oct-13-15 6:58 am
CANNON BALL, North Dakota - The superintendent of a school in Cannon Ball that was damaged in a grass fire on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation says students and staff won't be able to return for a couple of weeks.
- Wyoming wildfire forces hundreds of evacuations Updated: Oct-13-15 4:02 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A wildfire tearing through central Wyoming destroyed buildings and forced hundreds of evacuations.
- Tribal official: South Dakota wildfire partially contained Updated: Oct-12-15 10:56 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A large wildfire in South Dakota on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation has been partially contained, a tribal official said Monday.
- Cause of 3 Front Range grass fires under investigation Updated: Oct-12-15 7:06 pm
BENNETT, Colorado - There's no word yet about what sparked three grass fires that spread in dry, windy conditions and damaged property in northern Colorado on Sunday.
- 3 cabins destroyed in wildfire northeast of Boise Updated: Oct-12-15 2:33 pm
IDAHO CITY, Idaho - A late-season wildfire burning about 40 miles northeast of Boise has destroyed three cabins and forced the evacuation of dozens of additional residences.
- Blaze damages Eastern Shore poultry house Updated: Oct-12-15 10:28 am
FEDERALSBURG, Maryland - Authorities are investigating a fire that damaged an Eastern Shore poultry house.
- Heavy flooding damages roads in Albania, kills 1 motorist Updated: Oct-12-15 5:13 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian authorities say flooding caused by heavy rains has damaged highways, forced power cuts and claimed the life of a motorist whose car was swept away by a swollen river.
- Family escapes fire that destroys Fort Pierre home Updated: Oct-11-15 5:50 pm
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - A family was able to safely escape a fire that destroyed their home in Fort Pierre.
- Wildfire destroys 4 structures, forces dozens to evacuate Updated: Oct-11-15 4:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A wildfire burning east of Boise has destroyed four structures and forced the evacuation of dozens of homes in the Grimes Creek area.
- Arapahoe County fire destroys home, cars Sunday Updated: Oct-11-15 3:53 pm
BENNETT, Colorado - A fire in rural Arapahoe County east of Denver has destroyed one home and about a dozen cars.
- Nepal elects Communist party leader new prime minister Updated: Oct-11-15 10:23 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's parliament elected Communist party leader Khadga Prasad Oli the new prime minister Sunday, thrusting him into the center of daunting challenges, from ethnic protests over the new constitution that has also upset vital neighbor India to rebuilding from April's devastating earthquake.
- Plaque in Alstead honors commemorates flood deaths, damages Updated: Oct-11-15 10:13 am
ALSTEAD, New Hampshire - Residents of Alstead, New Hampshire, gathered to dedicate a plaque honoring the deaths, damages and recovery efforts on the 10th anniversary of the 2005 flood.
- Tornado-damaged church reopens in central Michigan Updated: Oct-11-15 4:02 am
PORTLAND, Michigan - One of several central Michigan churches heavily damaged by a summer tornado is reopening.
- Officials: fire destroys home in New Castle Updated: Oct-10-15 12:53 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Fire officials in Delaware are investigating after a fire destroyed a home in New Castle.
- Fire destroys 5-unit apartment in Laconia; no one injured Updated: Oct-09-15 5:50 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A fire destroyed a three-story apartment building in Laconia, New Hampshire, but no injuries were reported.
- Vermont agency releases final report examining flood damage Updated: Oct-09-15 5:24 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - The Vermont Economic Resiliency Initiative has released its final report examining flood damage and its potential impact on individual towns across the state.
- Fire causes $20,000 in damage to Fargo apartment building Updated: Oct-09-15 9:44 am
FARGO, North Dakota - No one was hurt in a fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to an apartment building in Fargo.
- Sussex County requesting damage claims after storm Updated: Oct-09-15 4:05 am
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Sussex County residents affected by last week's storm are being asked to submit damage claims.
- Deadline next week to seek assistance for July storm damage Updated: Oct-08-15 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - People who sustained losses in July storms in Kentucky have a few more days to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for assistance.
- Calif. wildfire that killed 4, burned homes fully contained Updated: Oct-07-15 11:37 pm
MIDDLETOWN, California - A destructive wildfire in Northern California that killed 4 and destroyed more than 1,000 homes has been fully contained more than three weeks after it broke out.
- Fire destroys 5 businesses as it spreads across block in LA Updated: Oct-07-15 9:47 am
LOS ANGELES - A late-night fire burned across an entire block of businesses in South Los Angeles, destroying five buildings and damaging two others.
- Las Cruces residents scramble to deal with hail damage Updated: Oct-06-15 10:51 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The unusually large hail that recently pounded Las Cruces has residents scrambling to call insurance agents over damaged roofs and dented vehicles.
- 2 Fairfax homes destroyed by fire; 5 kids escape unharmed Updated: Oct-03-15 1:23 pm
FAIRFAX, Iowa - Fire officials say five children safely escaped from a fire that destroyed two homes in the eastern Iowa town of Fairfax.
- Homeowner hopes to rebuild textbook collection after fire Updated: Oct-02-15 11:33 am
COLUMBIA, Maryland - Over the course of a 41-year career as a math educator, Honi Bamberger amassed a wealth of textbooks and teaching supplies.
- Floodwaters damage hundreds of cars in northern New England Updated: Oct-01-15 1:17 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A massive rainstorm that produced flash floods is proving costly for northern New England: Hundreds of cars were damaged by high water around the region, with some of them totaled and others needing expensive repairs, officials said Thursday.