- South Carolina's share of $1.2B in flood damage is $114M Updated: Dec-01-15 2:14 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley says the state will need to pay at least another $114 million for its share of flood damage caused by the massive flood in October.
- Flint's Whaley Museum damaged by fire; home dates to 1800s Updated: Nov-30-15 8:39 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A fire has damaged a museum that is considered to be one of the last houses in Flint from the 1800s.
- 12,500 turkeys die in fire at Virginia poultry house Updated: Nov-30-15 2:10 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Fire officials say that thousands of turkeys were killed in a fire that destroyed a poultry house near Shenandoah in Virginia last week.
- Multi-home Sedalia fire's cause listed as undetermined Updated: Nov-28-15 2:57 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - The cause of a fire that destroyed three Sedalia homes on Thanksgiving Day isn't known.
- 1 person injured in fire in Fargo apartment building Updated: Nov-27-15 6:19 am
FARGO, North Dakota - One person was injured in a fire that caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to a Fargo apartment building.
- Otter: State fees waived in wildfire rebuilding efforts Updated: Nov-26-15 3:28 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter says he's waiving inspection fees for state electrical, plumbing and HVAC permits for buildings damaged by wildfires in northern Idaho.
- Bald eagles rebuild nest in Greenfield after wind storms Updated: Nov-26-15 9:52 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A pair of bald eagles appears to be rebuilding their home in a central Indiana neighborhood after their nest was destroyed in wind storms.
- Australian wildfire kills at least 2 and injures 13 others Updated: Nov-25-15 8:02 pm
ADELAIDE, Australia - Firefighters contained a large wildfire Thursday that had caused at least two deaths, 13 injuries and destroyed at least 16 homes near the southern Australian city of Adelaide, officials said.
- 6 months after tornado, some Delmont residents not giving up Updated: Nov-25-15 11:51 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - Not everyone is giving up on Delmont.
- Fire destroys barn, 2 buildings in Vermont Updated: Nov-25-15 6:49 am
NORTH CLARENDON, Vermont - About 50 firefighters helped contain a fire that destroyed three buildings in Vermont.
- Donations to schools destroyed by Bethel fire piling up Updated: Nov-24-15 9:21 am
BETHEL, Alaska - Donated school supplies have been pouring in following the destruction of two schools in the Kilbuck building fire, but school officials say they need more money, not supplies.
- Storm-damaged spruce serves as Traverse City Christmas tree Updated: Nov-24-15 5:28 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A blue spruce that was damaged as storms packing high winds swept through Michigan in August is serving as the annual Christmas tree for downtown Traverse City.
- US 2 near Stevens Pass reopens to two-way traffic Updated: Nov-23-15 7:43 pm
SKYKOMISH, Washington - Traffic is moving in both directions again on storm-damaged U.S. Highway 2 between Skykomish and Stevens Pass.
- Fire completely destroys house in eastern Nebraska Updated: Nov-23-15 5:59 pm
ARLINGTON, Nebraska - A fire has completely destroyed a house in eastern Nebraska.
- Fire in Oakridge destroys 2 businesses, no injuries reported Updated: Nov-23-15 9:49 am
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - Oregon State Police and fire marshals are investigating after a fire in Oakridge's historic Uptown District destroyed two businesses.
- Fast-moving fire damages 2 homes in Philadelphia Updated: Nov-23-15 4:11 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are trying to find out what sparked a fast-moving blaze that damaged two homes in north Philadelphia and displaced nearly a dozen people.
- More than 60,000 still without power following storm Updated: Nov-21-15 6:48 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Power company Avista says about 61,000 customers remained without power Saturday in the Spokane area.
- 4 firefighters hurt battling blaze that damaged 3 homes Updated: Nov-19-15 4:12 am
DARBY, Pennsylvania - Authorities say four firefighters were hurt while battling a blaze that damaged three homes in suburban Philadelphia.
- Tornadoes hit parts of Mississippi during overnight storms Updated: Nov-18-15 4:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - At least two tornadoes and heavy rainstorms in Mississippi destroyed a mobile home, partially tore a roof off a house, and left a truck driver injured after he drove into a downed tree, state officials said Wednesday.
- Weather Service says Mississippi storms included 2 tornadoes Updated: Nov-18-15 3:20 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on severe weather affecting Mississippi Tuesday and Wednesday. All times local.
- Officials work to clean up wildfire damage before major rain Updated: Nov-10-15 7:46 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Crews in Northern California are racing to clean up debris from this summer's wildfires and shore up hillsides as winter rains set in.
- Fire causes $330,000 in damage to Salisbury businesses Updated: Nov-09-15 5:15 pm
SALSIBURY, Maryland - Fire officials say a blaze heavily damaged a group of family businesses in south Salisbury.
- Senate Dems to file bill borrowing for flood-damaged roads Updated: Nov-09-15 4:24 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Democratic leaders in the South Carolina Senate say they will introduce a bill to borrow $500 million to repair or replace roads and bridges damaged by last month's catastrophic flooding.
- NIST recommends using hazard scale to fight fires Updated: Nov-09-15 1:58 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A federal study has found that most homes destroyed by the 2012 Waldo Canyon fire in Colorado Springs were ignited by other burning homes.
- Officials: Gastonia motel fire causes about $50K in damage Updated: Nov-09-15 4:46 am
GASTONIA, North Carolina - Officials say a fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage at a Gastonia motel.