- 4 homes destroyed in Bronx fire; no injuries Updated: Mar-10-14 12:05 am
- Lincoln, Lebanon, NH get $8M to fix storm damage Updated: Mar-08-14 3:07 pm
- Fire destroys another Heidelberg house in Detroit Updated: Mar-07-14 11:28 am
- Oktibbeha school deals with structural woes Updated: Mar-07-14 4:14 am
- Fire destroys 3 Gallatin downtown businesses Updated: Mar-06-14 10:44 am
- Haley seeks storm disaster declaration for SC Updated: Mar-05-14 3:03 pm
- SC officials: $360M in trees damaged in storms Updated: Mar-05-14 2:09 pm
- FEMA denies Illinois appeal on storm damage help Updated: Mar-04-14 9:41 pm
- Fire heavily damages Dickinson high school Updated: Mar-03-14 7:48 pm
- Funds OK'd for tornado-damaged Springfield school Updated: Mar-03-14 5:05 pm
- Rebuilt community center shows town's resilience Updated: Mar-03-14 10:43 am
- Fire damages Ellsworth bird sanctuary building Updated: Mar-03-14 7:50 am
- Fire destroys business, adjoining home in Oakes Updated: Mar-03-14 7:26 am
- Fire damages funeral home in Millsboro, Del. Updated: Mar-02-14 5:19 pm
- Fire destroys Sandy-damaged home, ignites another Updated: Mar-02-14 4:55 pm
- 2 West Tenn. parks recovering from winter storms Updated: Mar-02-14 4:40 pm
- Storm damages roof of World Cup stadium in Brazil Updated: Mar-02-14 3:45 am
- Officials: Rebuilding slow in storm-tossed city Updated: Mar-01-14 5:17 pm
- Dredged sand headed for storm-damaged NYC beaches Updated: Mar-01-14 11:44 am
- Damage in tens of millions from SC winter storm Updated: Feb-28-14 3:31 pm
- Christie calls for razing Sandy-damaged buildings Updated: Feb-28-14 1:58 pm
- Fire destroys medical office building near Atlanta Updated: Feb-28-14 5:43 am
- Damaged Ga. trees turned to woodchips Updated: Feb-28-14 4:08 am
- Firefighters save pet but family's house destroyed Updated: Feb-27-14 8:40 am
- Fire damages home of South Dakota good Samaritan Updated: Feb-26-14 2:05 am
NEW YORK - A two-alarm fire on a residential street in the Bronx has destroyed three four homes and severely damaged three others.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has awarded two New Hampshire communities $8 million toward road and bridge repair following storm damage.
DETROIT - A house covered in stuffed animals and dolls that was a key part of the Heidelberg Project in Detroit became the latest casualty Friday in a 10-month string of suspicious fires that has devastated much of the long-running interactive outdoor art installation.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Students at East Oktibbeha County High School in Crawford began using the cafeteria again on Tuesday after the school district paid Fair Construction of Starkville $15,100 for repairs.
GALLATIN, Missouri - A fire destroyed three businesses in a small northwest Missouri town.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has asked President Barack Obama to declare almost half of South Carolina a federal disaster after last month's winter storm that caused at least $430 million in damage and left hundreds of thousands in the dark.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - State forestry officials say last month's winter storm damaged $360 million worth of trees in South Carolina.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday said he was disappointed with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Illinois' appeal for federal disaster assistance for local governments impacted by the Nov. 17 tornado outbreak.
DICKINSON, North Dakota - A fire early Monday heavily damaged a Catholic high school in Dickinson, and the school may be closed for the rest of the year.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Federal and Springfield officials say an agreement has been reached to fund replacement of a parochial school badly damaged by a tornado more than two years ago.
MARYSVILLE, Indiana - After a series of tornadoes stuck southern Indiana in 2012, many thought the damage was so severe that the heavily hit community of Marysville would become only a memory.
ELLSWORTH, Maine - Officials say a fire has caused significant damage to an Ellsworth bird sanctuary, but no animals are believed harmed.
OAKES, North Dakota - Authorities are investigating the cause of a weekend fire that destroyed a business and home in the southeastern North Dakota town of Oakes.
MILLSBORO, Delaware - A fire in Millsboro has heavily damaged the Bennie Smith Funeral Home.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - Authorities say a vacant Jersey Shore home damaged by Superstorm Sandy was destroyed by a fire that then spread to a neighboring residence that also was impacted by the storm.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say two West Tennessee parks are still recovering from this winter's storms.
SAO PAULO - Parts from the roof of a World Cup stadium in Brazil fell onto the pitch during a storm on Saturday, just hours before a regional championship.
WASHINGTON, Indiana - More than three months after a tornado caused heavy damage in southwestern Indiana, local officials fear a neighborhood ravaged by the storm could end up as a blighted area now that rebuilding efforts appear to have stalled.
NEW YORK - Dredging will begin this month to replenish sand on the beaches of New York City's Rockaway Peninsula.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The damage tally from the February winter storm that left South Carolina coated in ice and buried in snow is more than $100 million so far, and the state is expected to qualify as a federal disaster area.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has signed an order to allow the state to knock down homes and other buildings left dilapidated by Superstorm Sandy.
ALPHARETTA, Georgia - Authorities are investigating the cause of a large fire that destroyed a medical office building in the Atlanta suburb of Alpharetta.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The City of Augusta is planning to turn mountains of tree debris left behind after the last winter storm into woodchips.
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A family's home was destroyed by fire Wednesday in Oktibbeha County, but no injuries were reported and firefighters were able to save the family pet.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A western South Dakota man didn't think twice when he saw a couple and their five children waiting for a tow truck last August along Interstate 90 after their motor home broke down.