- Feral hogs uproot sugar cane, rice fields, levees Updated: Dec-07-13 12:06 pm
- Ill. wind turbine damage blamed on strong storms Updated: Dec-07-13 4:08 am
- Ore. house, barn destroyed by fire; some pets die Updated: Dec-07-13 12:08 am
- Illinois mayor: tornado slashed property tax value Updated: Dec-06-13 10:25 am
- Chicago Bears visit tornado damaged Illinois town Updated: Dec-05-13 11:09 am
- Businesses to feel storm's effects for months Updated: Dec-05-13 9:58 am
- Woman found dead in fire-damaged LA apartment Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 am
- Temporary medical center seeing patients in Moore Updated: Dec-03-13 9:13 am
- 101-year-old's body found in damaged Nebraska home Updated: Dec-03-13 8:35 am
- House of Reno car dealer destroyed by fire Updated: Dec-01-13 9:31 pm
- Damaged trees fuel University of Iowa power plant Updated: Nov-30-13 4:06 pm
- Fire destroys century-old North Dakota farmhouse Updated: Nov-30-13 12:07 pm
- Fire damages Hockessin mushroom house Updated: Nov-29-13 6:25 am
- UN set to appeal for more aid to Philippines Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Demolition nearly finished at flooded Vt. office Updated: Nov-28-13 8:10 pm
- Austin-area flood damage estimate spikes sharply Updated: Nov-28-13 1:04 pm
- VDOT says bridge-tunnel undamaged by water deluge Updated: Nov-28-13 11:56 am
- Videotape captures school being damaged by tornado Updated: Nov-27-13 4:45 pm
- National Weather Service confirms tornado in NC Updated: Nov-27-13 1:28 pm
- Neighbors pitch in at farm hammered by tornado Updated: Nov-27-13 12:41 pm
- Flooded Colo. town thankful for weekly reunions Updated: Nov-27-13 12:36 pm
- Kirk tours Ill. storm damage as cleanup continues Updated: Nov-26-13 8:40 pm
- Forecasters: 24 tornadoes hit Illinois Nov. 17 Updated: Nov-25-13 5:34 pm
- Students from damaged Ind. schools back in class Updated: Nov-25-13 2:25 pm
- AG's investigators work in tornado-damaged towns Updated: Nov-25-13 1:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Across Louisiana, human beings aren't the only ones who live to eat. Feral hogs are proving to be stiff competition, as they snack on sugar cane in Lafourche and St. Mary parishes and devour the rice fields of Acadia Parish.
DANVILLE, Illinois - The company that operates an eastern Illinois wind-energy farm where two blades recently broke off a turbine near a school says last month's severe storms may be to blame.
WILSONVILLE, Oregon - Fire officials say a house and barn in Wilsonville, Oregon, were destroyed in a fire that killed some pets, including a lizard and cats.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - The mayor of the tornado-wrecked central Illinois community of Washington said the city has lost nearly half its property tax value since last month's storms destroyed or damaged about 1,000 homes.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - More than a dozen Chicago Bears headed to central Illinois to help with cleanup efforts in the tornado-ravaged community of Washington and meet with members of the community's high school football team.
KOKOMO, Indiana - There won't be any quick reopening at Louie's Coney Island.
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a woman has been found dead inside a fire-damaged apartment in Los Angeles, and investigators say the cause of the blaze appears to be suspicious.
MOORE, Oklahoma - A new temporary medical facility has opened in Moore to replace one hit by a tornado in May.
NORTH BEND, Nebraska - The body of a 101-year-old North Bend woman was found in her fire-damaged home in eastern Nebraska.
RENO, Nevada - Reno fire investigators are trying to pinpoint the cause of a fire that destroyed the 4,000-square-foot home of a Reno car dealer.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A September storm that toppled dozens of trees at a recreation area north of Iowa City provided the University of Iowa with tons of fuel for its power plant, university officials said.
PAGE, North Dakota - Authorities say a century-old farmhouse in southeastern North Dakota has been destroyed by fire.
HOCKESSIN, Delaware - Fire officials say a blaze has damaged a mushroom house in Hockessin.
MANILA, Philippines - The United Nations said Friday it will seek more funds for a reconstruction of areas in the central Philippines that were devastated by a super typhoon, in addition to $348 million that U.N. agencies had sought for immediate relief.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Demolition at the flooded former state office complex in Waterbury is shifting into high gear with most interior work done and one building already gone as part of a $125 million project that will restore part of the office and construct a new building above the flood line.
AUSTIN, Texas - Travis County officials report that their updated estimate of damage from the Halloween flood is more than seven times its initial estimate.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A state transportation spokeswoman says the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel wasn't damaged when a fire suppression and valve system was activated by accident.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A northern Indiana school district superintendent says video from surveillance cameras activated when a tornado struck will help the district evaluate its security procedures.
MOREHEAD CITY, North Carolina - Two people suffered minor injuries when their roof blew off their condominium in Atlantic Beach along the North Carolina coast in what the National Weather Service confirmed Wednesday as a tornado.
DELPHI, Indiana - Jennifer Frey was expecting her doorbell to start ringing at 8 a.m. Tuesday as neighbors began showing up for an organized work day to clear debris from her tornado-ravaged farm in southwest Carroll County.
JAMESTOWN, Colorado - For a few precious hours every Saturday night, Jamestown, in the foothills of the Rockies, looks more like it did before the floods.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Tuesday toured tornado damage in the central Illinois city of Washington, saying it's his job to make sure federal funds are available to help recovery efforts.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn asked the White House on Monday to declare 15 Illinois counties to be major disaster areas, after a single storm system this month spawned 24 tornadoes in Illinois that killed six people and damaged or destroyed more than 2,400 homes in the state.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - More than 900 students returned to classes Monday after an unexpected week off because of severe storms that badly damaged two schools near Lafayette.
CHICAGO - Investigators from Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office are working in central and southern Illinois communities severely damaged by tornadoes.