- Va. records second case of eastern equine encephalitis Updated: Aug-22-15 12:50 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia has its second confirmed case of eastern equine encephalitis this year.
- Fears of disease prompt organizers to cancel horse show Updated: Aug-20-15 9:56 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A horse show in western Colorado has been canceled due to concerns over the spread of a debilitating livestock virus.
- Colorado livestock quarantined after disease found Updated: Aug-18-15 5:07 am
GREELEY, Colorado - A debilitating livestock virus has prompted the Colorado Department of Agriculture to place animals in 70 locations across the state under quarantine.
- Spreading livestock disease a big concern in North Dakota Updated: Aug-14-15 11:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A highly contagious livestock disease that has spread from southern states as far north as South Dakota has officials concerned in North Dakota, where the illness hasn't been diagnosed for nearly eight decades.
- Estonia to cull pigs to stop spread of African swine fever Updated: Aug-12-15 7:16 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Estonian authorities say they will cull about 3,700 pigs to prevent the spread of African swine fever.
- Correction: Livestock Disease story Updated: Aug-07-15 4:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - In a story Aug. 7 about wildlife officials giving initial approval for southern Montana landowners to kill more elk to reduce the spread of disease to cattle, The Associated Press misattributed comments that argued the program is operating without state or legal authority and that no brucellosis has been found in the area where the hunt was requested. The comment was made by Bozeman conservation hunter Kathryn QannaYahu, not Wildlife Habitat Coordinator Catherine Wightman.
- Vermont urging poultry owners to prepare for disease Updated: Aug-04-15 4:40 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Agency of Agriculture is urging the state's poultry producers to prepare for the arrival of a disease usually fatal to poultry that is expected to reach the state this fall or next spring.
- Livestock Board aims to prevent virus spread at state fair Updated: Aug-03-15 11:55 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Livestock Board is requiring a certificate of veterinary inspection for livestock at the state fair in an effort to prevent the spread of a virus that can cause painful sores in infected animals.
- Vesicular stomatitis cases confirmed in South Dakota animals Updated: Jul-31-15 12:39 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Animal Industry Board says two cases of vesicular stomatitis virus have been confirmed in livestock in the western part of the state.