- National science panel opens review of livestock disease Updated: Jul-01-15 8:44 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A national science panel is conducting a broad review of a livestock disease that's afflicted large numbers of elk and bison in the Yellowstone region of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming.
- US opening market to Argentina, Brazil beef imports Updated: Jun-30-15 3:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina and Brazil are greeting news that they will soon be able to export fresh beef into the United States after a longtime ban.
- Animal anthrax confirmed in Grand Forks County beef cow Updated: Jun-23-15 10:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State Veterinarian Susan Keller is urging North Dakota ranchers to make sure their livestock are vaccinated against anthrax, after the first confirmed case of the year in a Grand Forks County beef cow.
- Ohio State Fair offering alternatives to poultry shows Updated: Jun-19-15 3:11 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State Fair officials are offering alternatives to the annual poultry competition after a deadly virus prompted a recent ban on all poultry shows.
- Oklahoma livestock producers urged to stay alert for anthrax Updated: Jun-09-15 3:11 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's state veterinarian is urging livestock producers to stay alert for anthrax infections this summer.
- Michigan confirms first cases of highly pathogenic bird flu Updated: Jun-08-15 4:33 pm
DETROIT - Michigan's first cases of highly pathogenic bird flu have been found in free-ranging Canada Geese north of Detroit, according to state officials.