- With Rio next, Olympics still a major draw on television Updated: Aug-05-15 2:10 am
NEW YORK - The Olympics move at their own pace, when an athlete can go from unknown to celebrity in a matter of hours.
- Mexico journalist seeking refuge in capital never felt safe Updated: Aug-05-15 12:04 am
MEXICO CITY - Everything was fine as of 2:13 p.m. Friday.
- Fans, media line up for dos Santos at Galaxy practice Updated: Aug-04-15 9:11 pm
CARSON, California - Some 50 fans, many wearing Giovani dos Santos' Mexican national team jersey, gathered to see the 26-year old before and after his second practice with the Galaxy on Tuesday.
- Woman can go ahead with lawsuit alleging Facebook defamation Updated: Aug-04-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - A teacher who said her ex-boyfriend broke into her Facebook account and sent malicious sexual statements can proceed with her lawsuit, a court decided Tuesday as it further defined how long someone can wait to bring computer-related claims.
- Companies use Drake-Meek Mill feud as a marketing tool Updated: Aug-04-15 7:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Corporate America has jumped into the feud between hip-hop artists Drake and Meek Mill on the outside chance that taking a bite out of their social media beef might help them woo millennial customers.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- Germany's top prosecutor fired over treason probe Updated: Aug-04-15 6:14 pm
BERLIN - A treason investigation against two German journalists claimed its first casualty Tuesday - the country's top prosecutor who ordered the probe.
- NHL entrusting live-game app, cable network to baseball Updated: Aug-04-15 6:10 pm
- Disney movie 'Descendants' proves a big hit Updated: Aug-04-15 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - The teenage progeny of some of Disney's favorite villains proved to be a winning idea for a film, as the Disney Channel's "Descendants" easily became the most-watched cable movie of the year.
- Venezuela ruling party games Twitter for political gain Updated: Aug-04-15 3:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's approval ratings may be languishing below 30 percent, but on Twitter he's as popular as Pope Francis - or so it would seem.
- Collection of recent Arkansas editorials Updated: Aug-04-15 12:49 pm
A collection of editorial opinion from recent Arkansas newspapers:
- Excerpts from editorials by Illinois newspapers Updated: Aug-04-15 11:47 am
August 3, 2015
- Gatehouse Ohio Media appoints Desrosiers as executive editor Updated: Aug-04-15 11:01 am
CANTON, Ohio - Gatehouse Ohio Media has appointed a new executive editor for its Ohio publications.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 am
Debate stage drama: Republican presidential candidates await top 10 announcement
- Sisters at Indiana college to be documented in upcoming book Updated: Aug-04-15 4:07 am
ST. MARY-OF-THE-WOODS, Indiana - A sustained commitment to education and nurturing - 175 years, in fact - at The Woods is being highlighted in a new pictorial book being published this fall.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Ex-Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas radiologist who lost a hard-fought primary battle to Republican Sen. Pat Roberts said Monday that the state's medical board has dropped an investigation into whether he violated patient privacy by posting X-ray images of severe medical injuries on Facebook.
- Ex-Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts Updated: Aug-03-15 10:04 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas radiologist who lost a hard-fought primary battle to Republican Sen. Pat Roberts says the state's medical board has dropped an investigation into whether he violated patient privacy by posting X-ray images of severe medical injuries.
- Judge extends hold on recordings made by anti-abortion group Updated: Aug-03-15 9:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge in San Francisco extended a restraining order on Monday that blocks an anti-abortion group from releasing any recordings that it secretly gathered at annual meetings of an abortion providers' association.
- Murray resigns as editor of The Tennessean newspaper Updated: Aug-03-15 4:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Stefanie Murray, the vice president and executive editor of The Tennessean, has resigned from the Nashville newspaper.
- Storm causes accident, forces newspaper to print again Updated: Aug-03-15 3:13 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - A central Michigan newspaper says it had to reprint the Monday edition after papers were destroyed during a severe weekend storm.
- AT&T, as new owner of DirecTV, offers TV-wireless discount Updated: Aug-03-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - AT&T customers will save $10 a month and get a single bill for their TV and wireless services under a new package the company is offering after its $48.5 billion purchase of satellite TV company DirecTV 10 days ago.
- Brian Williams still weeks away from reappearing at MSNBC Updated: Aug-03-15 2:58 pm
NEW YORK - Next week marks the end of Brian Williams' six-month suspension from NBC News for exaggerating his role in news stories, but he isn't expected back on the air in his new job at MSNBC for at least another month.
- US wildlife agency says app can help log endangered species Updated: Aug-03-15 11:01 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - U.S. wildlife officials want smartphone-owning outdoor lovers to use a downloaded app to report any endangered species they see in the wilderness.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Aug-03-15 10:04 am
Omaha World-Herald. July 28, 2015