- Column: Biggest loser in Round 1 of draft is Ole Miss Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
CHICAGO - We won't know who won Round 1 of the 2016 NFL draft for a season or two.
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 1:06 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- QBs Goff and Wentz soar, OT Tunsil takes bizarre tumble Updated: Apr-29-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - California love for Jared Goff, and Philadelphia pride for Carson Wentz.
- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- Laremy Tunsil's slide in draft ends when Dolphins pick him Updated: Apr-28-16 11:46 pm
MIAMI - Tackle Laremy Tunsil's surprising and costly slide in the NFL draft ended with the 13th pick Thursday, where he was taken by the Miami Dolphins.
- Blackie Sherrod, longtime Texas sports writer, dead at 96 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
DALLAS - The East Coast had Red Smith. The West Coast had Jim Murray. Texas had Blackie Sherrod.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- Rutgers reporter asks Obama for interview - and gets it Updated: Apr-28-16 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A college reporter spending time at the White House has landed what many beat reporters long for: an interview with President Barack Obama.
- 'Bomb' hooked to man in animal suit really flotation device Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
BALTIMORE - A young man in an animal costume and surgical mask who walked into a Baltimore TV station Thursday claiming to have a bomb was shot and wounded by police, who determined that his alleged explosive consisted of aluminum-wrapped chocolate bars duct-taped to a flotation device.
- FBI: 'Argument can be made' fake AP story broke rules Updated: Apr-28-16 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI officials say there's no clear evidence the agency violated its own rules when it posed as The Associated Press to unmask a criminal, according to a report obtained through a public records lawsuit.
- The Latest: Man's 'bomb' was candy bars wrapped in foil Updated: Apr-28-16 6:25 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on a man shot by police after he walked into a Baltimore TV station dressed in an animal costume and claiming to have a bomb: (all times local):
- The Latest: Businessman withdraws reward in Ohio shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the developments in the killings of eight family members in southern Ohio (all times local):
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 5:02 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation for about $3.55B Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is buying DreamWorks Animation, the film company behind the "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises, for approximately $3.55 billion, strengthening its presence in the important and growing business of children's entertainment.
- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.
- Iraqi authorities shut down Al Jazeera's Baghdad bureau Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Al Jazeera Media Network says Iraqi authorities have shut down their bureau in Baghdad and banned its journalists from reporting in the country.
- Plea hearing set for TV pundit who claimed CIA ties Updated: Apr-28-16 12:29 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A former cable news pundit who appeared on Fox News claiming to be a CIA officer is set to plead guilty to federal criminal charges.
- Dunkin' targets Starbucks by highlighting espresso drinks Updated: Apr-28-16 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - Dunkin' Donuts is going after Starbucks' coveted customers by more aggressively featuring espresso drinks like lattes and macchiatos.
- Speaker invites India Prime Minister to address Congress Updated: Apr-28-16 12:05 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan says he has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi (nah-REN'-drah MOH'-dee) of India to address a joint meeting of Congress on June 8.
- Trump rally in Rhode Island leads to assault charges Updated: Apr-28-16 11:29 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Two men who allegedly tussled and spit at each other during a Donald Trump rally in Rhode Island have been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct.
- Turkish journalists sentenced over Charlie Hebdo cover Updated: Apr-28-16 11:22 am
ISTANBUL - A court in Istanbul on Thursday sentenced two journalists from a pro-opposition newspaper to two years in prison for publishing French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's controversial cover featuring a Prophet Muhammad cartoon, amid rising concerns about freedom of expression in Turkey.
- Georgia couple sues Snapchat over car crash Updated: Apr-28-16 9:43 am
GRIFFIN, Georgia - A Georgia couple is suing Snapchat, claiming that the social media app's "speed filter" tempted a woman to drive too fast and to cause a crash that injured the husband.
- EU criticizes Turkey rights, media abuses Updated: Apr-28-16 6:34 am
BRUSSELS - Turkey's crackdown on the media and reported human rights abuses are pushing the country further away from Europe even as it hopes to join the European Union, a senior EU official said Thursday.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.