- Poet participates in experimental writing project Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 am
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez hailed as literary giant Updated: Apr-18-14 11:08 pm
- After his death, Garcia Marquez book sales soar Updated: Apr-18-14 4:25 pm
- Garcia Marquez: More than just a magic realist Updated: Apr-18-14 3:37 pm
- Paul Stanley on his love for another mask Updated: Apr-18-14 1:37 pm
- Terre Haute contest inspires love of reading Updated: Apr-18-14 9:34 am
- Review: 'Act One' is a sweet ode to the theater Updated: Apr-17-14 9:04 pm
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 pm
- USC Upstate students protest state funding cuts Updated: Apr-17-14 8:50 pm
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 Updated: Apr-17-14 4:10 pm
- WALL STREET JOURNAL BEST-SELLERS Updated: Apr-17-14 2:51 pm
- Random House to adapt 'Unbroken' for young adults Updated: Apr-17-14 2:01 pm
- Lincoln Log Cabin marks poetry month with speaker Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 pm
- EL Doctorow to receive Library of Congress Prize Updated: Apr-16-14 10:58 am
- A good read: Bucks' Udoh draws fans for book club Updated: Apr-16-14 3:15 am
- Editor of Sittenfeld, Senior getting own imprint Updated: Apr-15-14 1:31 pm
- Finalists announced for best translated books Updated: Apr-15-14 11:49 am
- Boston Globe wins Pulitzer for bombing coverage Updated: Apr-15-14 6:44 am
- Role of books debated at Colby College Updated: Apr-15-14 6:04 am
- Donna Tartt wins fiction Pulitzer for 'Goldfinch' Updated: Apr-14-14 5:53 pm
- British journalist Patrick Seale dies at 84 Updated: Apr-14-14 10:28 am
- Geithner book tour to include Bernanke, Paulson Updated: Apr-14-14 10:13 am
- Bone up on aviation history with Smithsonian book Updated: Apr-14-14 8:41 am
- Memoir by Indian PM's ex-aide irks amid elections Updated: Apr-12-14 10:19 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Most people read the newspaper for local, national and world news. Others like to check their stocks, read the comics, do the crossword puzzle or follow their favorite sports teams.
MEXICO CITY - His death mourned around the globe, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is being hailed as a giant of modern literature, a writer of intoxicating novels and short stories that illuminated Latin America's passions, superstition, violence and social inequality.
NEW YORK - The death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez has brought his classic "One Hundred Years of Solitude" to the top of best seller lists.
NEW YORK - Magic realism was only one of his gifts. From crime stories and village folklore to romance and satire, Gabriel Garcia Marquez brought poetry to virtually every popular genre.
NEW YORK - Kiss frontman Paul Stanley feels a strong connection to the title character of "The Phantom of the Opera," and not just because he's spent nearly 40 years onstage with his face covered in paint.
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Victory was sweet for the Franklin Elementary teammates, who won their first ever Battle of the Books competition Thursday at Meadows Elementary.
NEW YORK - What's happening now at the Vivian Beaumont Theater was inevitable, really.
Reaction to death of writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez:
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attempts by state legislators to cut university funding over plays and books which they believe promote homosexuality are causing a backlash on South Carolina campuses.
MEXICO CITY - A person close to the family has confirmed reports that that Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died. He was 87.
Best-Selling Books Week Ended April 12th.
NEW YORK - Random House says it plans to publish a young adult adaption of Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling survival saga "Unbroken."
LERNA, Illinois - Illinois' Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site is planning a presentation about poetry in Abraham Lincoln's life.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian poet and translator Nina Cassian, who obtained political asylum in the United States after the Communist-era secret police found her critical poems scribbled in a friend's diary, has died in New York City. She was 89.
NEW YORK - Novelist E.L. Doctorow will be honored with the Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction.
MILWAUKEE - Epke Udoh will leave one positive lasting impression from this dreary season for the Milwaukee Bucks, and it has nothing to do with basketball.
NEW YORK - Lee Boudreaux, a top literary editor who has worked with Curtis Sittenfeld, Ben Fountain and numerous other authors, is switching publishers and getting her own imprint.
NEW YORK - Poetry by the late Chilean author Roberto Bolano and fiction by best-selling Norwegian novelist Karl Ove Knausgaard (OO'-veh kuh-NOWS'-gahrd) are among the finalists for the Best Translated Book Awards.
NEW YORK - An award that usually is met with cheers and jubilation instead came with a moment of silence, as The Boston Globe won the Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its "exhaustive and empathetic" coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing and the manhunt that followed.
WATERVILLE, Maine - A debate is brewing at Colby College over the role of books in the digital age.
NEW YORK - Donna Tartt's "The Goldfinch," already among the most popular and celebrated novels of the past year, has won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. One of the country's top colonial historians, Alan Taylor, has won his second Pulitzer, for "The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War In Virginia."
BEIRUT - Patrick Seale, a veteran journalist and author on Middle Eastern affairs as well as one of the world's leading historians on Syria, has died in London after a battle with cancer, according to family and friends. He was 83.
NEW YORK - Former Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner (GYT'-nur) won't be the only famous person onstage for his upcoming book tour.
"The Smithsonian Book of Air & Space Trivia" (Smithsonian Books), edited by Amy Pastan
NEW DELHI - A new book by a former aide to India's prime minister has caused a political stir during ongoing national elections by suggesting the outgoing leader was never fully in charge of his government.