- Texas' top officer: Snoop Dogg a 'dope smoking cop hater' Updated: May-06-15 8:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' chief law enforcement official called Snoop Dogg a "dope smoking cop hater" before reprimanding a state trooper who posed for a picture with the rapper, according to emails made public Wednesday.
- Margaret Atwood named honorary member of arts academy Updated: May-06-15 7:46 pm
NEW YORK - One of the world's most celebrated writers, Canada's Margaret Atwood, has been named a foreign honorary member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
- Pandora wins appeal against songwriters society ASCAP Updated: May-06-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - A federal appeals court has ruled in favor of Internet streaming service Pandora in a dispute with the songwriters rights society ASCAP.
- Shifting in a new direction, Jack Black rides 'The D Train' Updated: May-06-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - At an East Village restaurant over dinner recently, after ordering mussels and selecting a white wine, Jack Black proffered a theatrical "Gratzi" to the waitress. He then leaned in expectantly, his gymnastic eyebrows raised, eagerly awaiting a response that didn't come.
- Neon Trees drummer Elaine Bradley expecting baby girl Updated: May-06-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - The Neon Trees will have a slightly bigger presence on stage this summer - their drummer, Elaine Bradley, is pregnant.
- Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at 71 in the Bahamas Updated: May-06-15 12:55 pm
LONDON - Errol Brown, the lead singer of the band Hot Chocolate, has died in the Bahamas, his manager said Wednesday. He was 71.
- Latest revival of 'The King and I' plans national tour Updated: May-06-15 11:41 am
NEW YORK - The latest revival of "The King and I" plans to stick around at Lincoln Center and also to hit the road.
- Darren Criss to host free Stars in the Alley concert May 27 Updated: May-06-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - "Glee" star Darren Criss is hosting this year's Stars in the Alley concert, which features free performances from over 20 new and long-running Broadway shows.
- Scientific study: Beatles, Stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact Updated: May-06-15 10:40 am
LONDON - The impact of hip-hop's arrival on the pop music scene eclipsed that of the Beatles-led British invasion of 1964, a computer analysis of 17,000 songs has found.
- Native American drummers in Fort Wayne focus on sacred past Updated: May-06-15 9:58 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Something spiritual comes over members of the Medicine Woman Singers when they perform.
- Miranda Lambert becomes Country Living's first cover girl Updated: May-06-15 8:52 am
NEW YORK - Country Living's choice for the first person ever to be on the cover of the magazine is apropos: Miranda Lambert.
- Smashing Pumpkins frontman brings awareness to vets Updated: May-06-15 3:34 am
NEW YORK - When Smashing Pumpkins takes the stage this summer, part of the band's mission will be to raise awareness of the plight of U.S. military veterans.
- Delaware's Wilmington Flower Market to kick off 95th year Updated: May-06-15 3:07 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware's annual Wilmington Flower Market will kick off its 95th year this weekend.
- Prince announces 'Rally 4 Peace' concert Sunday in Baltimore Updated: May-06-15 3:05 am
BALTIMORE - Prince has announced plans to perform at a concert in Baltimore following recent unrest in the city over the death of a man who was fatally injured in police custody.
- Fans push to preserve Jim Morrison's New Mexico home Updated: May-05-15 11:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Fans of Jim Morrison, the late singer for The Doors, are in a push to preserve his childhood home in New Mexico.
- Santa Fe Opera announces 2016 season, millions in upgrades Updated: May-05-15 8:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Officials with the Santa Fe Opera celebrated the completion of tens of millions of dollars in upgrades at the unique opera house Tuesday as they unveiled the lineup for the 2016 season.
- Bono and U2 set as sole guests on Friday's 'Tonight Show' Updated: May-05-15 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - New Yorkers have been running into Bono and his band, U2, all over town the past few days.
- Singer Chris Brown's battery case in Las Vegas dropped Updated: May-05-15 3:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities are dropping the Las Vegas battery case against singer Chris Brown.
- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer' rapper, dies at 101 Updated: May-05-15 2:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ellen Albertini Dow, a feisty character actress best known for her salty rendition of "Rapper's Delight" in "The Wedding Singer," has died. She was 101.
- New Pittsburgh orchestra CEO strikes chord for women, youth Updated: May-05-15 2:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra's new president and CEO will be the youngest person and first woman to hold the position.
- Minnesota Orchestra returns to Cuba, first visit since 1930 Updated: May-05-15 1:10 pm
HAVANA - The Minnesota Orchestra is preparing to make its first visit to Cuba in 85 years.
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show to avoid stirring tensions Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Lauryn Hill is canceling a planned performance in Tel Aviv because she wasn't able to also schedule a concert in the nearby Palestinian city of Ramallah.
- Maze and Frankie Beverly return for 2015 Essence festival Updated: May-05-15 11:04 am
NEW ORLEANS - After a six-year absence, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly returns to the 2015 Essence Festival and will close out the Friday, July 3, show in the Superdome.
- Miley Cyrus on Bruce Jenner, pink armpits, her new charity Updated: May-05-15 10:50 am
LOS ANGELES - When Miley Cyrus wears pasties or posts photos of her pink armpits, it's not to be a provocateur. The 22-year-old says she's just being herself, and she wants all young people to have that same opportunity.
- Nov. 2 trial for Florida ex-concert promoter in $300M fraud Updated: May-05-15 10:37 am
MIAMI - A Nov. 2 trial date has been set for a former concert promoter extradited to the U.S. from Brazil to face charges he operated a $300 million fraud scheme.