- Rocker Chrissie Hynde: Assault by bikers is 'the way it was' Updated: Sep-04-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - Legendary rocker Chrissie Hynde was with the band. And not just as the sultry-voiced singer with the Pretenders, which won popularity decades ago with hits such as "Brass in Pocket" and "Ohio."
- Rascal Flatts to headline Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon Updated: Sep-04-15 6:29 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Organizers of this year's Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon and Half Marathon say Rascal Flatts will headline the Nov. 7 event.
- US Navy country band to perform in Aberdeen Friday night Updated: Sep-04-15 5:59 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The U.S. Navy band Country Current will perform in Aberdeen on Friday night.
- UN star-studded media blitz to promote new development goals Updated: Sep-04-15 1:04 am
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations is launching a global campaign with a media blitz and an array of stars from Beyonce to Usain Bolt to spread news to everyone in the world about its new goals to eradicate poverty, fight inequality and combat climate change.
- Afroman fined, ordered to get counseling for punching fan Updated: Sep-03-15 10:35 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Rap artist Afroman was given a suspended six-month jail sentence Thursday, fined $330 and ordered to undergo anger management and impulse behavior counseling for punching a woman who jumped on a stage during a concert earlier this year.
- Apple, Google bring smartphone functions to car dashboards Updated: Sep-03-15 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Playing deejay with voice commands will get easier for more Americans this fall as some best-selling cars get updated with software that integrates smartphones into the dashboard.
- Man faces life sentence in killing of Grooveshark executive Updated: Sep-03-15 3:53 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man faces up to life in prison after he was convicted of killing an executive of the defunct music streaming service Grooveshark.
- 6 times drugs were mentioned during the MTV VMAs Updated: Sep-03-15 3:22 pm
NEW YORK - Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards were peppered with commercials warning young adults about the dangers of drugs - but during the show itself, drug references were almost as predominant as the music.
- Black Sabbath announce final tour kicking off next year Updated: Sep-03-15 3:22 pm
NEW YORK - After five decades, Black Sabbath will launch a farewell tour next year.
- Online music retailer Sweetwater adding 285 jobs by 2018 Updated: Sep-03-15 2:58 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Sweetwater Sound Inc. will invest $8.8 million in expanding its Indiana headquarters and creating up to 285 new jobs by the end of 2018, the online musical instrument and audio gear retailer announced Thursday.
- Bieber bests One Direction's Spotify record with new single Updated: Sep-03-15 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Justin Bieber is marking a comeback: The singer set a new record on Spotify, besting One Direction.
- MTV Video Music Awards criticized for glorifying marijuana Updated: Sep-03-15 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - An organization that ran anti-cigarette smoking ads during the Video Music Awards has complained to MTV's parent company about the program's multiple references to marijuana and said it sent the wrong message to young viewers.
- Dan Auerbach fronts new band The Arcs for diverse sound Updated: Sep-03-15 1:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Black Keys singer-guitarist-producer Dan Auerbach brought together studio musicians with diverse backgrounds in rock, soul, Latin and country for his new band, The Arcs.
- Production of renowned Ovation guitars to resume in US Updated: Sep-03-15 1:04 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut factory that produced Ovation guitars for nearly a half century before closing last year will resume making the renowned instruments, thanks to the efforts of factory employees.
- Egypt sentences 2 women to 6 months for racy music videos Updated: Sep-03-15 11:41 am
CAIRO - An Egyptian court has sentenced two women to six months in prison with labor for "inciting debauchery" in racy music videos.
- Country singer Kip Moore helps build skate parks for kids Updated: Sep-03-15 11:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country singer Kip Moore's style is more surfboards and skateboards than cowboy boots, so when he wanted to help children from low-income areas, he found inspiration in his own passions.
- Major Lazer, The Weeknd have Spotify's top summer songs Updated: Sep-03-15 9:46 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Spotify has named EDM act Major Lazer's "Lean On" as the global song of the summer.
- Chailly to step down early as Leipzig Gewandhaus conductor Updated: Sep-03-15 8:37 am
BERLIN - Leipzig's Gewandhaus Orchestra says that Riccardo Chailly will step down next year as its chief conductor, four years before his contract was due to expire.
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities Updated: Sep-03-15 5:07 am
ATLANTA - Rapper-actor Ludacris is celebrating the 10th anniversary of his yearly weekend events known to bring out top celebrities and raise money for local community charities.
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Five members of the women's soccer team at a private Christian university in Washington state were suspended for one match Wednesday after a social media post surfaced showing them dressed in blackface and afro wigs.
- Director defends Taylor Swift's music video of whitewashing Updated: Sep-02-15 6:07 pm
NEW YORK - The director of Taylor Swift's new music video is defending the singer after some claimed she whitewashed her video based in Africa.
- Rapper Kevin Gates accused of kicking woman during show Updated: Sep-02-15 3:52 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - Rapper Kevin Gates is facing a battery charge in Florida after authorities say he kicked a woman during a performance.
- Nicky Jam leads nominees for new Latin American Music Awards Updated: Sep-02-15 3:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Latin urban singer Nicky Jam leads the nominees for the first Latin American Music Awards with six nominations.
- Known for her duets, Ruby Amanfu steps into solo spotlight Updated: Sep-02-15 10:25 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ruby Amanfu knows how to share the stage, but during a recent dinner party in Nashville, Tennessee, she was the star of the stage and the kitchen as she prepared a meal featuring peanut butter soup and fried plantains, then stood in her bare feet in the living room and belted out a heartbreak song.
- Loretta Lynn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church receive ACM Honors Updated: Sep-02-15 12:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country star Luke Bryan may have one of the most popular albums in the country, but Loretta Lynn made his day when she gave him a kiss.