- Hawaii selects businesses for medical pot but excludes actor Updated: Apr-29-16 9:57 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii selected eight businesses Friday to open medical marijuana dispensaries - but not one owned by Woody Harrelson.
- 'Maze Runner' shoot delayed further due to star's injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 7:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - Principal photography on "Maze Runner: The Death Cure" has been further delayed to allow star Dylan O'Brien more time to recover from injuries he suffered during the shoot in mid-March.
- Will Ferrell 'not pursuing' Reagan film, says spokesman Updated: Apr-29-16 2:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - Will Ferrell is not pursuing a film project about President Ronald Reagan, a spokesman for the actor said Friday. The actor had read and considered the script for "Reagan" but had never committed to developing or starring in the comedic film, which had prompted a strong family backlash.
- Andrew McCarthy is downright creepy in ABC's 'The Family' Updated: Apr-29-16 2:14 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew McCarthy has been recognized in some pretty odd places.
- Pullman's 'Independence Day' call-to-arms lives on Updated: Apr-29-16 1:37 pm
NEW YORK - President Thomas J. Whitmore, famed speech-maker and defender of the planet from aliens, has the kind of poll numbers Hillary or Donald dream about.
- Racist statements lead lawmakers to reject John Wayne Day Updated: Apr-29-16 8:10 am
SACRAMENTO, California - What a California lawmaker intended as a benign resolution honoring a late, world-renowned movie icon exploded into an emotional debate over decades-old racist comments.
- Official Whitney Houston doc in the works from Oscar-winner Updated: Apr-28-16 8:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - An official Whitney Houston documentary is in the works from Oscar-winning filmmaker Kevin Macdonald. It will be the first to be authorized by the late pop superstar's estate since her death in 2012 at age 48. Altitude Film Entertainment announced the project on Thursday.
- Alicia Vikander takes on Lara Croft role in 'Tomb Raider' Updated: Apr-28-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - Alicia Vikander is following in Angelina Jolie's butt-kicking footsteps.
- Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation for about $3.55B Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is buying DreamWorks Animation, the film company behind the "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises, for approximately $3.55 billion, strengthening its presence in the important and growing business of children's entertainment.
- Emerge Film Festival brings dozens of movies to Lewiston Updated: Apr-28-16 2:42 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - The Emerge Film Festival has begun in the Lewiston and Auburn area, where the event will showcase dozens of movies.
- Review: In Key & Peele's 'Keanu,' the true gangster has paws Updated: Apr-28-16 2:13 pm
If you dropped a cute kitten into Michael Mann's "Heat," would Robert De Niro have gone all soft and goo-goo eyed? Might Wesley Snipes' drug empire in "New Jack City" been brought to its knees by a cuddly face with whiskers? Could Al Pacino's rage in "Scarface" have been melted away by a feline "little friend"?
- Katy Perry to headline glitzy amfAR event during Cannes Updated: Apr-28-16 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - Katy Perry will be lighting up the French Rivera like fireworks next month: The singer will perform at amfAR's annual "Cinema Against AIDS" event, the glitzy A-list fundraiser held annually during the Cannes Film Festival.
- Review: Cloying and farfetched, 'Mother's Day' unfit for mom Updated: Apr-28-16 12:55 pm
What would it take to make you fall off the upstairs balcony at your house in the middle of the day? Could you imagine being so intoxicated by your own karaoke performance of "The Humpty Dance" that it sends you a-tumbling?
- In 'Papa,' Hemingway returns to Cuba via the silver screen Updated: Apr-28-16 11:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Ernest Hemingway left Cuba shortly after Fidel Castro's revolution, as relations with the United States began to fall into a deep freeze. Over five decades later, the author of "The Old Man and the Sea" returns to the island thanks to the magic of the silver screen.
- In 'BFG,' Rylance takes on a new role: Spielberg regular Updated: Apr-28-16 10:05 am
NEW YORK - The first time Steven Spielberg offered a role to Mark Rylance, the actor said no. That was 30 years ago for "Empire of the Sun." Now, Rylance can't stop saying yes.
- 'The Mine Wars' film being shown at May Day event Sunday Updated: Apr-28-16 4:15 am
MATEWAN, West Virginia - The West Virginia Mine Wars Museum is offering a screening of a new documentary for public television about miners in southern West Virginia and their fight for civil liberties.
- 'Angry Birds' maker wants phones out as film credits roll Updated: Apr-28-16 1:41 am
LOS ANGELES - The creators of "Angry Birds" hope movie theater audiences don't get their feathers ruffled if some filmgoers pluck out their mobile devices at the end of "The Angry Birds Movie" and point them at the screen.
- Movie 'Doctor Strange' turns Tibetan man into European woman Updated: Apr-27-16 10:16 pm
BEIJING - A Tibetan male character from the "Doctor Strange" comic books presented such a potential political minefield to Marvel that in the film version they cast a Caucasian woman in the role, reflecting the pressures Hollywood movie makers perceive when trying to appeal to the Chinese market.
- Underdogs in summer movies include originality, opportunity Updated: Apr-27-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Hollywood's summer, which kicks off with the fittingly combative "Captain America: Civil War," will be a season of struggle: for box office, for originality and for opportunity.
- Sam Mendes to head jury at Venice Film Festival Updated: Apr-27-16 12:18 pm
MILAN - Organizers of the Venice Film Festival say Oscar-winning British director Sam Mendes will head the jury that will choose winners in this year's competition.
- The Rev. Billy Kyles dies; was present when ML King was shot Updated: Apr-27-16 11:46 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Rev. Samuel Billy Kyles, a longtime civil rights leader who was present when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated on a hotel balcony, has died in Memphis. He was 81.
- Travel news: Universal-Exorcist, Eiteljorg, toilets, LLBean Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
UNIVERSAL PARKS' HALLOWEEN THEME: 'THE EXORCIST'
- Kitten stars of 'Keanu' destined for posh Hollywood futures Updated: Apr-27-16 11:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Anyone who's spent time with a cat might agree with filmmaker Peter Atencio when he says cats are the "15-year-olds of the animal kingdom."
- 'Be Here Now' film follows 'Spartacus' star's cancer fight Updated: Apr-27-16 11:03 am
NEW YORK - Andy Whitfield found himself on the fast track in Hollywood in 2010, thanks to a starring role in the Starz series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand." Then he was diagnosed with cancer.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):