- Kim Kardashian says use of selfies can be empowering Updated: Jul-01-15 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Kim Kardashian says the large number of selfies she posts on social media empowers her to control her public image, but also contributes to her being viewed by some merely as a sexual object.
- Melissa Block to step down from NPR 'All Things Considered' Updated: Jun-29-15 12:15 pm
WASHINGTON - NPR says Melissa Block is stepping down as host of the flagship newsmagazine "All Things Considered" after 12 years anchoring the national broadcast.
- Kim Kardashian's spot on public radio show angers listeners Updated: Jun-20-15 10:38 am
CHICAGO - An appearance by Kim Kardashian on the National Public Radio show "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" has angered some listeners.
- NPR chief says network positioned for growth after struggles Updated: Jun-11-15 9:13 am
WASHINGTON - After years of leadership changes and funding deficits, NPR's new president and CEO says the public radio network has turned a corner and is positioning itself to grow its already sizable audience, along with its journalistic content and funding from donors.
- Who's Who in music streaming: Apple, Spotify, Pandora & more Updated: Jun-09-15 5:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple shook up the music world more than a decade ago when it offered an easy way to buy songs digitally for 99 cents each. Now, it's trying to do it again with a subscription music streaming service.
- Apple Music brings change to streaming, but is it enough? Updated: Jun-09-15 1:07 pm
When Apple launches its Apple Music streaming service at the end of June, it will affect things big and small in the music industry.
- Apple makes product upgrades, pushes into streaming music Updated: Jun-08-15 6:46 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple announced a major new foray into streaming music on Monday as it showed off a host of new software features for its iPhones, iPads and Mac computers.
- Spirit Catholic Radio now 'on air' in Beatrice, other areas Updated: Jun-06-15 10:55 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - Spirit Catholic Radio is now 'on air' in Beatrice and surrounding areas.
- Margaret Juntwait, voice of the Met opera broadcasts, dies Updated: Jun-03-15 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Margaret Juntwait, an American radio broadcaster whose mellifluous voice reached more than 8 million fans worldwide in live Saturday broadcasts from the Metropolitan Opera stage, died Wednesday. She was 58.