- Senate passes bill to hit North Korea with harsher sanctions Updated: Feb-10-16 9:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Seeking to derail North Korea's drive for nuclear weapons, Republican and Democratic senators set aside their partisan differences Wednesday to unanimously pass legislation aimed at starving Pyongyang of the money it needs to build an atomic arsenal.
- Prosecutor visits NY city he called 'cauldron of corruption' Updated: Feb-08-16 6:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - A federal prosecutor behind the convictions of some of the state's most powerful lawmakers on Monday took his anti-corruption fight to the heart of a state government he again criticized for a "rancid culture" of cronyism, venality and insider politics.
- Deer washing up on Sitka runway during hunting season Updated: Feb-02-16 7:25 am
SITKA, Alaska - Officials have seen a spike in the number of dead deer washing up on the runway of Sitka's airport during this year's hunting season.
- IS radio beams propaganda, threats across rural Afghanistan Updated: Jan-21-16 1:15 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan reporters recognized the voice threatening them with death on the Islamic State group's local radio station. It was a former colleague, who knows their names and where they work.
- New Hampshire Public Radio creates state election database Updated: Jan-16-16 12:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Just in time for the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, New Hampshire Public Radio has released a database of state election results dating back to 1970.
- Once-homeless man with smooth voice is back on the airwaves Updated: Jan-16-16 11:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The once-homeless man whose silky voice turned him into an Internet sensation five years ago is back on the air - at the same Ohio radio station where he started a broadcasting career derailed by drug and alcohol addiction.