- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Dustin Brown's 2 goals lead Kings to 6-2 win over Coyotes Updated: Feb-03-16 1:28 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - For whatever reason, Arizona had been the one division rival Los Angeles couldn't solve this season. Three of the Kings' six Pacific Division losses have come against the Coyotes.
- Crawford helps Blackhawks to 2-1 win over Avalanche Updated: Feb-03-16 12:41 am
DENVER - Richard Panik did his best Jonathan Toews imitation, scoring a goal and even playing on the top line at times.
- Nashville puts on good show for NHL All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Music City waited 18 years to host the NHL All-Star game.
- Despite best start, Rangers in fight for playoffs at break Updated: Jan-28-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - Despite the best start in franchise history, the New York Rangers are in a fight to make the playoffs heading into the NHL All-Star break.
- Kuznetsov, Neal replace Ovechkin, Toews as NHL All-Stars Updated: Jan-28-16 10:29 am
- Capitals' Ovechkin to miss NHL All-Star Game with injury Updated: Jan-28-16 4:34 am
WASHINGTON - A lingering lower-body injury knocked one of the NHL's biggest stars out of All-Star weekend.
- You Can Play calls on NHL players, fans to fight homophobia Updated: Jan-28-16 2:52 am
PHILADELPHIA - Nellie Fitzpatrick raised the Philadelphia Flyers jersey presented to her as the team's "community teammate" of the night, turned her head to her left and smooched her wife right on the lips.
- At 19, Ekblad heading to his second All-Star Game Updated: Jan-28-16 2:47 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Aaron Ekblad bought a PlayStation 4 console a few months ago, hardly an uncommon purchase for a 19-year-old.
- Sharks head into All-Star break on best roll in 5 years Updated: Jan-27-16 4:13 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After an up-and-down start to the season, the San Jose Sharks head into the All-Star break on quite the roll.
- Ryan O'Reilly making All-Star impact in 1st year in Buffalo Updated: Jan-27-16 1:50 pm
BUFFALO, New York - It's a half hour after practice, and not all of the Buffalo Sabres are off the ice. When coach Dan Bylsma's formal session ends, forward Ryan O'Reilly takes over by working a handful of teammates through a series of drills.
- Sabres enter NHL All-Star break by demoting 3 to minors Updated: Jan-27-16 12:14 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have assigned three forwards to the minors as the team enters its weeklong NHL All-Star break.
- Wild tumble into All-Star break on another midseason slide Updated: Jan-26-16 5:51 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Just 84 seconds from an uplifting shutout win to take into the All-Star break, the Minnesota Wild got a potentially big power-play opportunity.
- Brassard has career-high 5 points, Rangers beat Sabres 6-3 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:31 pm
NEW YORK - Derick Brassard ended a month of scoring woes with the best night by a New York Rangers' player in five years.
- Correction: Jim Litke story Updated: Jan-23-16 11:47 am
In a story Jan. 21 about fan balloting for NHL All-Star game, The Associated Press erroneously reported that John Scott's current salary was $700,000 per year, adjusted downward if spent more time in the minor leagues. The correct figure is $575,000, whether he plays in NHL or AHL.
- Rookie Dylan Larkin leads Red Wings to 3-0 win over Sabres Updated: Jan-22-16 11:10 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Dylan Larkin took a stick to the face before taking over for the Detroit Red Wings.
- Blackhawks win team-record 12th straight, top Predators 4-1 Updated: Jan-20-16 12:09 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Chicago Blackhawks are ready for their next game, with very little time spent celebrating a franchise-record 12th straight win.
- NHL letting John Scott play in All-Star 3-on-3 tournament Updated: Jan-19-16 10:32 pm
NEW YORK - From Arizona to Newfoundland to Nashville, Tennessee, John Scott will be an NHL All-Star after all.
- Coyotes trade John Scott to Canadiens for Jarred Tinordi Updated: Jan-15-16 8:07 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The story of the NHL's most unlikely All-Star captain took another twist.
- NHL All-Star captain John Scott demoted by Arizona Coyotes Updated: Jan-13-16 9:00 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - An NHL All-Star captain has been demoted.