- Lueders proving mettle by leading Russia to medals Updated: Feb-21-14 6:43 am
- Georgian skier races for luger who died in 2010 Updated: Feb-19-14 11:05 am
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- NBC producer's job is to create moments Updated: Feb-15-14 11:14 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Demchenko's skewers Updated: Feb-14-14 5:27 am
- Officials asking how bobsled crashed into worker Updated: Feb-13-14 3:49 pm
- Germany wins Olympic luge team relay Updated: Feb-13-14 1:25 pm
- Science, not muscle, driving many Olympic wins Updated: Feb-13-14 12:02 pm
- Bach: Summer-like weather poses no 'major risk' Updated: Feb-13-14 10:54 am
- Germany looking to go 4-for-4 in luge Updated: Feb-13-14 7:46 am
- Germany's Wendl and Arlt win doubles luge Updated: Feb-12-14 12:53 pm
- Kumaritashvili remembered by IOC, luge officials Updated: Feb-12-14 6:19 am
- Corruption sting follows Indian athletes to Sochi Updated: Feb-12-14 3:37 am
- Linger brothers seek 3rd Olympic gold in doubles Updated: Feb-11-14 6:39 pm
- Finally! Hamlin gives US 1st luge singles medal Updated: Feb-11-14 3:21 pm
- Natalie Geisenberger wins Olympic luge title Updated: Feb-11-14 1:51 pm
- Athletes back to India from indy in Sochi Games Updated: Feb-11-14 9:37 am
- US luger overcomes obstacles on Olympic odyssey Updated: Feb-11-14 5:27 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Quick quote: Niccum Updated: Feb-10-14 12:37 pm
- 5 things to watch in Olympic women's luge Updated: Feb-09-14 6:48 pm
- Germany's Loch wins 2nd gold in Olympic luge Updated: Feb-09-14 2:33 pm
- Zoeggeler wins record 6th Olympic luge medal Updated: Feb-09-14 2:30 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Luge family Updated: Feb-09-14 4:27 am
- Loch on cusp of winning back-to-back gold medals Updated: Feb-08-14 6:24 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Homemade track Updated: Feb-08-14 5:13 am
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Lueders got to be part of the home team at the Vancouver Games, competing there as the undisputed star of Canadian bobsledding.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - On the eve of the Vancouver Olympics, two lifelong friends from the country of Georgia sat down and spent several hours catching up.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - At 3:30 a.m. on the day before the Olympics started, Brian Gilmore was glancing at the giant television screen that dominates a workroom at NBC Sports Group's headquarters when something caught his eye.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Albert Demchenko got the celebrity treatment at the Sanki Sliding Center after the Russian star completed what's widely expected to be his final luge race. Photos with volunteers. Autographs for fans. Free meat.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Olympic officials are trying to determine why a worker on the track used for sliding sports at the Sochi Games was in the path of a speeding bobsled that crashed into him, causing leg injuries and a concussion.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Men's gold. Women's gold. Doubles gold.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Nineteen-year-old Slovakian luger Josef Petrulak competed in the Sochi Olympics in a 22-year-old sled. That's right: His sled is three years older than he is. His German rivals get a new sled every year, designed by BMW and calibrated to whoosh faster, smoother and smarter every season.
SOCHI, Russia - The balmy weather in Sochi poses no "major risk" to the Olympics, for now, with no need to bring in stored snow at the mountain venues, IOC President Thomas Bach said Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Men's gold medalist. Women's gold medalist. Doubles gold medalists. All Germans.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - On Russian ice, Germany is making itself at home.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The fourth anniversary of Nodar Kumaritashvili's death was remembered Wednesday with a moment of silence from luge's top officials, along with a pledge to build "a lasting memorial" in his native Georgia.
NEW DELHI - The taint of corruption followed India's Olympic athletes everywhere in Sochi. They were not allowed to enter the Olympic stadium marching under the Indian flag. They were warned the national anthem would not play if they won any medals.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Andreas and Wolfgang Linger left the past two Olympics with gold medals. They may have to settle for a different color this time.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Erin Hamlin expected an Olympic medal four years ago, and came up empty.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Finally, Olympic gold for Germany's Natalie Geisenberger.
SOCHI, Russia - Shiva Keshavan and two other athletes are going from indy to India at the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Christian Niccum's odyssey to keep sliding inside the five Olympic rings has been like a trip down a luge track - harrowing, twisting, turning. Up one instant, down the next. Sometimes very painful.
SOCHI, Russia - "(The) good thing about doubles is that when you have a bad run, it's always the other guy's fault."
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Natalie Geisenberger can be beaten. It just doesn't happen very often.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Furiously fast and fluid, Felix Loch is an Olympic gold medalist again.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Whether Armin Zoeggeler is the best luger ever is debatable.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Armin Zoeggeler's storied Olympic luge career appears to be at an end. But his family may be represented on the sliding circuit for years to come.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Defending the Olympic title in men's luge used to seem impossible. The first seven times the sport was in the Olympic program, from 1964 through 1988, seven different men won the gold medal.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Tucker West's long slide to the Olympics began on a luge track his dad built in their backyard.