- Feingold responds to attack ad about veterans hospital Updated: May-05-16 3:18 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Russ Feingold has launched an attack ad against Republican Sen. Ron Johnson related to problems at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs facility in Tomah.
- Northern Ireland police arrest 14 men after IRA funeral Updated: May-05-16 11:04 am
DUBLIN - Northern Ireland police say they have arrested 14 men on suspicion of Irish Republican Army membership following an IRA funeral featuring a military-style procession beside an Irish flag-draped coffin.
- New veterans cemetery to be named after Pikes Peak Updated: May-05-16 10:12 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The new veterans cemetery that will be built to serve veterans in the Colorado Springs area will be named Pikes Peak National Cemetery.
- New Kanawha County court aims to get veterans help Updated: May-05-16 7:27 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Kanawha County is establishing a special court for military veterans.
- Clock starts for voters to reject new California tobacco age Updated: May-05-16 2:12 am
SACRAMENTO, California - California has become the second state in the nation to raise the legal age to buy tobacco from 18 to 21, starting the clock for opponents to ask voters for a reversal this November.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park:
- People holding blanket save mom, kids from fire in S. Korea Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Residents and U.S. military personnel in a South Korean city rescued a woman and her three children from a fire by safely catching them with a blanket as they fell four floors, fire officials said Wednesday.
- Report: Hundreds of dermatology appointments canceled at VA Updated: May-04-16 9:04 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A new federal report finds that while hundreds of dermatology appointments and consults were canceled at the Fayetteville Veterans Administration Medical Center, they were not canceled at the direction of the local VA leadership.
- Ireland Army Hospital limiting new surgeries starting June 1 Updated: May-04-16 5:19 am
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - Ireland Army Community Hospital at Fort Knox says it will begin limiting new surgery cases starting next month.
- 'Waiting for order to kill:' China video seeks army recruits Updated: May-04-16 2:15 am
BEIJING - China's military is appealing to the younger generation with a slick new recruitment video featuring aircraft carriers, tanks and special forces troops, all set to a rousing rap-rock soundtrack.
- Man dies in house fire in Sheridan, 1 taken to hospital Updated: May-03-16 11:27 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Authorities say a 28-year-old man died in a house fire in Sheridan, and another person was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.
- Former VA police officer accused of molesting Kansas girls Updated: May-03-16 7:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former police officer for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri, is accused of sexually abusing two girls in Kansas.
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground? Updated: May-03-16 6:45 am
WASHINGTON - No one disputes that U.S. military forces are fighting in combat in Iraq and Syria -- except maybe President Barack Obama and some members of his administration.
- Tiny houses in Kansas City to serve homeless veterans Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of military veterans hopes to build small homes for struggling and homeless veterans on a vacant piece of land in Kansas City.
- US senator visits Cincinnati VA after leadership shakeup Updated: May-02-16 8:45 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Democratic U.S. senator is visiting the Cincinnati VA Medical Center in the aftermath of a leadership shake-up there.
- Ohio offers specialty license plates to female veterans Updated: May-02-16 12:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Women who are military veterans in Ohio can now get a specialty license plate that highlights their service.
- Clark County schools try to attract veterans as teachers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County School District is looking to fill more than 2,000 open teaching positions with an accelerated teacher training program for military veterans and their spouses.
- Virginia Military Institute announces tuition increases Updated: Apr-30-16 3:14 pm
LEXINGTON, Virginia - Tuition is going up at the nation's oldest state-supported military college.
- Federal investigators fault VA review of Texas wait times Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Federal authorities have determined that an investigation by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs into the manipulation of wait times for Texas veterans seeking care was "deficient and unreasonable."
- 16 blamed for mistakes in deadly US attack on Afghan clinic Updated: Apr-29-16 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Human error, violations of combat rules and untimely equipment failures led to the mistaken U.S. aerial attack on a charity-run hospital in Afghanistan last fall that killed 42 people, a senior American general said Friday. Investigators called the attack a "disproportional response to a threat that didn't exist."
- Survivors of US airstrike on Afghan hospital demand justice Updated: Apr-29-16 11:46 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Survivors and the families of those killed in a U.S. airstrike on a hospital run by the medical charity Doctors Without Borders in Afghanistan said Friday they were dismayed and angry that the U.S. military personnel responsible for mistakes that led to the bombing will not face criminal charges.
- Selfie-taking inmate was trying to have a good time in jail Updated: Apr-28-16 10:32 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - West Virginia jail officials are investigating an inmate's use of a cellphone to take photos of himself and others inside a transport van and posting them online.
- Obamas, Bidens to kick off USO comedy show next week Updated: Apr-28-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are joining their wives next week for a USO comedy show in observance of Military Appreciation Month.
- GOP senator blocks vote on Army secretary over Guantanamo Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The nomination of President Barack Obama's choice to serve as Army secretary remains blocked by a Kansas senator over administration efforts to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and transfer detainees to the U.S.
- VA hospital: No personal info on stolen computer Updated: Apr-28-16 4:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials with a Veterans Affairs hospital in Providence say a computer was stolen out of the basement of the hospital more than a year ago, and that patients were never notified.