- Congressional committees probing Arizona's VA care Updated: Apr-18-14 6:59 pm
- NBA plans expanded programs with military Updated: Apr-18-14 4:53 pm
- Court reinstates lawsuit over Marine's suicide Updated: Apr-18-14 3:01 pm
- Court reinstates lawsuit over Marine's suicide Updated: Apr-18-14 1:16 pm
- NC community college rate break for vets proposed Updated: Apr-17-14 6:35 pm
- Man avoids $525 fine for refill at SC hospital Updated: Apr-17-14 4:34 pm
- VA hospital nurse accused of stealing pain meds Updated: Apr-17-14 2:25 pm
- 4th Md. prison training veteran service dogs Updated: Apr-17-14 4:19 am
- Jill Biden promotes Post-9/11 GI Bill website Updated: Apr-16-14 5:24 pm
- Veterans clinics approved for NH's North Country Updated: Apr-16-14 1:18 pm
- New gate to help security at veterans hospital Updated: Apr-16-14 7:55 am
- Former Army sergeant to receive Medal of Honor Updated: Apr-15-14 6:48 pm
- Gov. Martinez unveils new veterans' cemeteries Updated: Apr-15-14 6:29 pm
- Ohio school board debates sexual orientation rule Updated: Apr-15-14 4:28 pm
- In a first, France tackles sex assault in military Updated: Apr-15-14 3:07 pm
- First women move into Army platoon artillery jobs Updated: Apr-15-14 12:31 pm
- Feds file more charges in Tenn. armory shooting Updated: Apr-15-14 11:37 am
- Murray to cut ribbon at VA clinic Updated: Apr-15-14 11:29 am
- Gazette's Philipps wins Pulitzer for vets' stories Updated: Apr-14-14 6:58 pm
- Stables in Pee Dee offering therapy for vets Updated: Apr-14-14 9:34 am
- Lady Luck in World War II veteran's corner Updated: Apr-13-14 11:05 am
- National Guard members honored at ceremony Updated: Apr-13-14 11:01 am
- Wounded soldier, family ready for next chapter Updated: Apr-13-14 9:43 am
- Cost, quality weigh heavily in college decisions Updated: Apr-12-14 11:40 am
- Tampa-based military dog retires with honors Updated: Apr-11-14 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Army graduate Mike Krzyzewski will lead a U.S. national team practice at his alma mater, and the U.S. women will train at the Naval Academy as part of an increased partnership among the NBA, USA Basketball and the Department of Defense.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The family of a Marine who killed himself after a tour of duty in Iraq will be allowed to proceed with a lawsuit against the federal government over his treatment by two Veterans Affairs facilities in Kentucky.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The family of a Marine who killed himself after a tour of duty in Iraq has won a bid to reinstate a lawsuit against the federal government over his treatment by two Veterans Affairs facilities in Kentucky.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory says he wants to make it easier for new veterans to attend any of North Carolina's community colleges.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A man who faced a $525 fine for refilling an 89-cent drink at a Veterans Affairs hospital apparently will get off with a warning.
ST. LOUIS - A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The medium-security Maryland Correctional Training Center near Hagerstown is becoming the fourth state prison where inmates who served in the military help train service dogs for disabled veterans.
WASHINGTON - Jill Biden is promoting a new website designed to make it easier for service members, veterans, their spouses and dependents to calculate their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits at thousands of schools and job training programs.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's U.S. senators say the Department of Veterans Affairs has approved the opening of two health care sites in Colebrook and Berlin.
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - The veterans hospital in White River Junction, Vermont, has added an iron gate at its main entrance to improve security.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to former Army Sergeant Kyle J. White, who put his own life at risk in an hours-long effort to save fellow service members during a 2007 ambush in Afghanistan.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Angel Fire, Carlsbad, Fort Stanton, and Gallup have been named as proposed sites for new rural veterans' cemeteries, Gov. Susana Martinez announced Tuesday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to protect schoolteachers from being fired or otherwise treated differently on the basis of sexual orientation is dividing the state school board.
PARIS - France claims great success in recruiting women into its armed forces, boasting one of the world's highest percentages of women in uniform. What it hasn't done is work to prevent sexual assault and harassment once they get there.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Under a canopy of trees on the edge of a large field, soldiers from Bravo Battery are lying in a circle as they pore over targeting charts. Nearby, others are preparing the howitzer cannons as helicopters swoop overhead. At the edge of the circle, the platoon leader watches as the field artillerymen go through their training exercise.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors have added new charges against a Tennessee National Guard recruiter accused of trying to kill four superiors in a shooting at an armory northeast of Memphis.
WALLA WALLA, Washington - U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash, will help cut the ribbon at the new Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic in Walla Walla.
DENVER - A Gazette journalist who won the Pulitzer Prize for national reporting Monday said he hopes the honor will bring even more attention to traumatized combat veterans across the country who are struggling like the men he wrote about in Colorado Springs.
TIMMONSVILLE, South Carolina - A riding stable in the Pee Dee that offers physical and emotional therapy for children is taking on a new challenge - helping the nation's wounded veterans.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Gerard Sirois Sr. figures he's a lucky man.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - More than 100 members of a New Hampshire Army National Guard unit are being honored in Manchester.
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama - Corey Garmon has a lot to celebrate as he gets ready to begin a new chapter in his life.
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - For months, Trinity High School senior Sydney Dydiw toyed with an important decision.
TAMPA, Florida - A bomb-sniffing dog credited with saving a military patrol in Afghanistan is retiring with full military honors.