- Ruling brings uncertainty to seekers of eagle 'take' permits Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A federal court has cast uncertainty over plans by a major wind farm developer and others by striking down a 30-year government permit for eagle deaths caused by industrial facilities.
- Wildlife education center adds bobcat kitten, bald eagle Updated: Aug-26-15 3:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Salato Wildlife Education Center at Frankfort has added a young bald eagle and a bobcat kitten to its collection of exhibit animals.
- Wildlife Center of Virginia to release 2 bald eagles Updated: Aug-25-15 2:53 am
WAYNESBORO, Virginia - Two bald eagles nursed back to health by The Wildlife Center of Virginia will be released this week.
- Northern Arapaho Tribe calls on feds to drop eagle appeal Updated: Aug-24-15 6:56 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Northern Arapaho Tribe is calling on the federal government to drop a legal appeal that's blocking the tribe from killing bald eagles for religious purposes on the central Wyoming reservation it shares with another tribe.
- Birds of Prey Northwest rehabilitates injured raptors Updated: Aug-16-15 2:46 pm
ST MARIES, Idaho - Dozens of eagles in northern Idaho receive care in a volunteer-run nonprofit designed to promote raptor conservation and stewardship.
- Judge finds man spent enough prison time for birds' death Updated: Aug-14-15 5:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A federal judge has determined a Nebraska man who was imprisoned last year for killing an eagle and a hawk has spent enough time bars and has resentenced him to a year of supervised release.
- California federal judge rules against 'eagle taking' rule Updated: Aug-12-15 4:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge in Northern California has ruled against a Department of Interior rule giving wind energy and other companies a 30-year pass to kill bald and golden eagles.
- Bald eagles removed from threatened list in South Dakota Updated: Aug-10-15 8:19 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Game, Fish and Parks Commission has removed the bald eagle from the state's list of threatened species.
- Bald eagle population soaring in skies of Indiana Updated: Aug-08-15 8:55 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The bald eagle population in Indiana has grown over the past two decades thanks to a 30-year-old statewide conservation effort.
- Golden eagle dies 3 months after being released into wild Updated: Aug-01-15 5:42 pm
WALNUT CREEK, California - A young golden eagle rescued by firefighters and released from a wildlife hospital three months ago has died after being struck by a wind turbine, officials said.
- Man behind raptor center and famed eagle cam has died Updated: Jul-28-15 12:53 pm
DECORAH, Iowa - The man behind the famed eagle cam in northeast Iowa has died.