- Lakefront housing project delayed after bald eagles found Updated: May-05-16 12:16 pm
HOPATCONG, New Jersey - The developer of a housing project on a New Jersey lake has voluntarily halted construction to allow a pair of nesting bald eagles to care for their two eaglets.
- Agency: Eagle hit Alaska plane before crash that killed 4 Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small airplane hit a bald eagle before it crashed and burst into flames just north of Anchorage last month, killing all four people on board, authorities said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Investigators examine where eagle hit airplane Updated: May-04-16 7:27 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on investigators saying a bald eagle struck a small plane before in crashed last month in Alaska (all times local):
- New federal rule would permit thousands of eagle deaths Updated: May-04-16 5:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is revising a federal rule that allows wind-energy companies to operate high-speed turbines for up to 30 years, even if means killing or injuring thousands of federally protected bald and golden eagles.
- Critics question mine exploration near Alaska eagle preserve Updated: May-04-16 1:58 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In early winter, after most tourists have fled Alaska, another kind of visitor flies in: bald eagles, up to 4,000 of them.
- Bald eagles find home in refuge around northeast Iowa Updated: May-02-16 1:46 pm
LANSING, Iowa - An area in northeast Iowa has become a home for bald eagles as numbers of the predatory bird continue to grow around Lansing.
- With cameras running, Savannah owls are a hit again Updated: May-01-16 10:01 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Cue the tears from the empty-nesters. The second season of The Landings owl show has come to a close.
- Bald eagle rescued by Minnesota trooper returned to wild Updated: Apr-30-16 12:24 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - A bald eagle is back in the wild more than a month after being rescued by a Minnesota State Trooper.
- Eagle cam catches cat being fed to eaglets Updated: Apr-28-16 11:28 am
PITTSBURGH - Cat lovers may be less inclined to view an online livestream of a family of bald eagles in Pittsburgh after the webcam showed two adult eagles feeding a feline to their eaglets.
- Nappanee police investigate damage to 9-foot wooden eagle Updated: Apr-27-16 10:52 pm
NAPPANEE, Indiana - Nappanee police believe vandals are to blame for a wing being knocked off a beloved 9-foot-tall wooden eagle that had been carved from a tree outside the city's post office.
- Indiana's oldest known bald eagle recovering from injury Updated: Apr-27-16 6:04 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - After almost 28 years living in the wild, a bald eagle that was part of a reintroduction program at Lake Monroe is recovering in a Nashville-area rehabilitation center.
- House votes to designate bison as America's national mammal Updated: Apr-26-16 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Make room, bald eagle. The House has voted to designate the bison the national mammal of the United States.
- 2 baby bald eagles get new names - Freedom and Liberty Updated: Apr-26-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two baby bald eagles at the U.S. National Arboretum in Washington have been officially named "Freedom and "Liberty" following a "Name the Nestlings" social media campaign.
- Game and Fish seeks help in identifying bald eagle nests Updated: Apr-24-16 5:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The state Game and Fish Department is looking for help in identifying bald eagle nests in North Dakota.
- One of the oldest bald eagles captured in Wyoming euthanized Updated: Apr-23-16 5:53 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - One of the oldest bald eagles captured in Wyoming has been euthanized.
- 6 dead bald eagles found on Standing Rock reservation Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities are investigating the deaths of six bald eagles on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation that straddles the North Dakota and South Dakota border.
- Bald eagle that may be Indiana's oldest in wild is rescued Updated: Apr-22-16 6:19 am
WORTHINGTON, Indiana - A nearly 30-year-old bald eagle that could be Indiana's oldest living in the wild has been rescued after suffering a dislocated wing.
- Federal eagle take permit weighed for huge Wyoming wind farm Updated: Apr-20-16 8:07 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to seek public comments on whether to allow what could be the biggest wind farm in the U.S. to kill a limited number of bald and golden eagles without breaking the law, the agency announced Wednesday.
- Nesting bald eagles spotted in San Gabriel Mountains Updated: Apr-20-16 2:44 pm
AZUSA, California - A nesting pair of bald eagles has been spotted in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Advocates worry as NC sets prescribed fires near eagle nests Updated: Apr-16-16 10:54 am
APEX, North Carolina - State wildlife officials are burning the forest underbrush around Jordan Lake under two bald eagle nests.
- Jeffrey Island restoration has been a years-long process Updated: Apr-16-16 10:54 am
OVERTON, Nebraska - A white feathered head was barely visible in a large stick nest high in a leafless Jeffrey Island tree on a Tuesday morning draped in haze from smoke carried by south winds from a Kansas wildfire.
- For these bald eagles, Arizona real estate is above par Updated: Apr-14-16 8:11 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - For one pair of bald eagles, Scottsdale real estate is truly above par.
- 1 of 2 eagle eggs in Alcoa Davenport Works nest hatches Updated: Apr-09-16 2:29 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - One eaglet has hatched in a nest on Alcoa Davenport Works' property, and eagle-watchers are eagerly waiting for the other egg to hatch.
- Iowa City organization heals injured birds of prey Updated: Apr-09-16 11:02 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A juvenile red-tailed hawk lay unexpectedly still but visibly nervous as it received an X-ray Friday.
- Federal agency offers reward for arrest in eagle killing Updated: Apr-08-16 4:53 pm
ALBERT LEA, Minnesota - Federal authorities have opened a criminal investigation after a bald eagle was found butchered like a game bird near Albert Lea, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Friday.