- Heart disease led to death of former lawmaker Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 pm
- Heart studies in Miss., Mass. to join forces Updated: Nov-27-13 3:15 pm
- Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk Updated: Nov-20-13 6:38 pm
- US doctors urge wider use of cholesterol drugs Updated: Nov-12-13 9:28 pm
- GlaxoSmithKline drug fails in late-stage study Updated: Nov-12-13 10:22 am
PHOENIX - The wife of former Arizona lawmaker Ben Miranda says her husband's death was the result of heart disease.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Heart studies in Massachusetts and Mississippi are teaming up to better understand why people respond differently to treatments for cardiovascular disease.
DALLAS - Help yourself to some nuts this holiday season: Regular nut eaters were less likely to die of cancer or heart disease - in fact, were less likely to die of any cause - during a 30-year Harvard study.
The nation's first new guidelines in a decade for preventing heart attacks and strokes call for twice as many Americans - one-third of all adults - to consider taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.
A potential GlaxoSmithKline heart disease treatment acquired in a key company takeover fell short in a big, late-stage study.