- In Women's World Cup viewership, new generation is older one Updated: Jul-03-15 3:47 pm
A generation of American women who grew up playing sports because of Title IX now makes up the television audience that advertisers covet.
- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- Former Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver dies Updated: Jul-02-15 5:36 pm
Jim Weaver, who guided Virginia Tech's transition into the Atlantic Coast Conference and served as the university's athletic director for more than 16 years, has died.
- Arkansas State hires assistant women's basketball coach Updated: Jul-02-15 12:20 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State has announced the hiring of an assistant women's basketball coach.
- Duquesne University athletics to add women's bowling team Updated: Jul-01-15 5:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Duquesne University officials announced the school will add women's bowling to its athletic program as its 17th sport.
- Former prep school student alleges abuse on athletic trips Updated: Jun-30-15 3:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former student at a Massachusetts preparatory school has filed a federal lawsuit alleging he was sexually abused by a faculty member while on athletic trips to Connecticut in the 1980s.
- Hilltoppers earned 8 titles, bowl win in first C-USA season Updated: Jun-30-15 12:27 pm
Western Kentucky athletic director Todd Stewart wants to follow up his program's strong debut in Conference USA with an even better encore.
- University of California sued over sex assault claims Updated: Jun-29-15 7:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three current and former University of California, Berkeley students sued the school on Monday, accusing administrators of not doing enough to investigate their sexual assault claims and hand out punishment.
- Razorback Foundation nets $27.9 million in revenue for 2014 Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Public charity to University of Arkansas athletic programs is increasing, according to a recent IRS report.
- Razorbacks named Academic All-Americans Updated: Jun-27-15 5:49 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Two University of Arkansas men's track and field athletes have been named to the Capital One Academic All-America team.
- Proposal seeks tougher NCAA academic integrity policies Updated: Jun-26-15 2:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Academic misconduct may soon have its own section in the NCAA rule book.
- University of Central Oklahoma fires head baseball coach Updated: Jun-25-15 4:35 pm
EDMOND, Oklahoma - The University of Central Oklahoma has fired head baseball coach Dax Leone and named pitching coach Todd George as interim head coach.
- Ramapo College names Harold Crocker athletic director Updated: Jun-24-15 5:11 pm
MAHWAH, New Jersey - Ramapo College has named Harold Crocker as its athletic director.
- Ex-NFL coach Haslett hired as Penn State's 'sounding board' Updated: Jun-24-15 12:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The coach who guided the New Orleans Saints through Hurricane Katrina has joined Penn State's football team as a consultant.
- O'Leary named interim UCF athletic director Updated: Jun-23-15 1:52 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - University of Central Florida football coach George O'Leary has been named the school's interim athletic director.
- Stringer hires Gibson, Monier as Rutgers assistant coaches Updated: Jun-23-15 11:41 am
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers has hired Kelley Gibson and Ervin Monier as assistant coaches on the women's basketball team.
- Curt Apsey returns to Boise State as athletic director Updated: Jun-23-15 5:03 am
BOISE, Idaho - Boise State University has named a familiar face as athletic director to replace Mark Coyle: Carroll College Athletic Director Curt Apsey.
- Syracuse picks Boise State's Mark Coyle as athletic director Updated: Jun-22-15 3:33 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Mark Coyle called Syracuse "a special place" when he was introduced as the school's new athletic director.
- Former NFL player, Spanish-language TV pioneer dies at 77 Updated: Jun-19-15 9:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Danny Villanueva, who was one of the NFL's first Latino kickers and a pioneer of Spanish-language television, has died. He was 77.
- College of Charleston's Lee hired as Clemson baseball coach Updated: Jun-18-15 10:39 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Monte Lee, who coached College of Charleston for seven seasons, has been hired as the new baseball coach at Clemson.
- Texas A&M's John David Crow, 1957 Heisman winner, dies at 79 Updated: Jun-18-15 7:43 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - John David Crow, the bruising running back who won the 1957 Heisman Trophy with Texas A&M before a Pro Bowl career in the NFL, has died. He was 79.
- Rutgers' athletic facility upgrades approved by board Updated: Jun-18-15 5:53 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers University's football team would get exclusive use of a refurbished Hale Center and a multi-use facility for men's and women's basketball would be built next to the Rutgers Athletic Center as part of a master plan approved by the university's board of governors Thursday.
- UCF AD hired for same post at Oregon State Updated: Jun-18-15 2:22 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Todd Stansbury, the athletic director at Central Florida for more than three years, was named athletic director at Oregon State on Thursday.
- Cops: High school coach charged after student gets pregnant Updated: Jun-17-15 4:15 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Authorities say a Forsyth County girls basketball coach has been arrested because he had sex with a student, getting her pregnant three years ago.
- Gundy: NCAA investigation helps Oklahoma State Updated: Jun-17-15 2:57 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy ignored the Sports Illustrated articles that brought major allegations against his program two years ago.