- Southern Illinois names James Bell director of athletics. Updated: May-01-15 10:28 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University has named former Western Illinois athletic director James T. Bell its director of athletics.
- K-State signs AD John Currie to extension through 2020 Updated: May-01-15 5:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State athletic director John Currie signed a restructured contract Friday that includes an extension through the 2020 academic year and increases his base salary to $775,000 annually.
- Texas launches anti-assault program for high school athletes Updated: May-01-15 1:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas state education officials and high school coaches on Friday launched a program aimed at student athletes to prevent and raise awareness of sexual assault and domestic abuse.
- Utah State AD requests $1.5M from Legislature for athletes Updated: May-01-15 10:14 am
SALT LAKE CITY - In the past few years, Utah State University has completed the $6.5 million ICON Sports Performance Center, the $9.7 million Wayne Estes basketball practice facility, landed a $2.4 million Nike apparel contract and announced a 21-year agreement with Maverik that will provide much of the funding for upcoming football-stadium renovations.
- Indiana school revises policies after coach harassed players Updated: Apr-27-15 3:52 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A northern Indiana school district will revise its sexual harassment policies and increase training on how to initiate and investigate complaints as part of a settlement in a case involving a coach who had a sexual relationship with a player, the U.S. Department of Education announced Monday.
- Madigan continues push for campus sex assault protection Updated: Apr-27-15 12:52 pm
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Victims of campus sex assaults in Illinois would have confidential university advisers to help guide them through the legal and medical systems under a legislative proposal that has passed the state House.
- Bowman returns to college ranks as Arizona State swim coach Updated: Apr-24-15 7:56 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Bob Bowman, the longtime coach of 18-time Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps, is taking charge of Arizona State's men's and women's swimming programs.
- Pittsburgh hires Scott Barnes as athletic director Updated: Apr-24-15 5:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes spent a quarter century hopscotching across the western half of the United States from one college sports administration job to the next, building a reputation as a talented fundraiser who could generate off-field excitement and on-field results in places that didn't necessarily have a long track record of either.
- Emmert: Freshman ineligibility problematic, worth debating Updated: Apr-23-15 2:00 pm
NEW YORK - NCAA President Mark Emmert is glad the Big Ten has sparked a discussion about freshman ineligibility, even though it is an idea fraught with potential pitfalls.
- Florida bill could revamp high school sports Updated: Apr-22-15 8:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida, known as a springboard for pro and college athletes, may soon overhaul how high school athletics work in the state, including making changes to eligibility and even who oversees competitions.
- Iowa State athletic director Pollard discusses heart attack Updated: Apr-22-15 2:47 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard says he'll return to work full time on Monday, just weeks after suffering a heart attack.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Apr-22-15 2:17 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
- Bill Roth, longtime voice of the Hokies, leaving for UCLA Updated: Apr-22-15 12:56 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Bill Roth is leaving after 27 years as Virginia Tech's play-by-play voice to take the same job at UCLA.
- Student charged with assaulting high school football coach Updated: Apr-22-15 10:52 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Authorities say a high school football coach in Middle Tennessee is recovering at a hospital after a student attacked him in his office.
- Reinstated Northern State wrestling program gets head coach Updated: Apr-21-15 9:08 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Northern State University has hired a coach to lead the wrestling program that the school suspended but then reinstated after an outpouring of financial support from across the country.
- Alvarez: New football coach Paul Chryst making strides Updated: Apr-20-15 8:23 pm
- Obama set to honor national champion Buckeyes at White House Updated: Apr-19-15 4:06 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Members of Ohio State's national championship football team are headed to the White House to be recognized by the president.
- Big Ten's Delany lays out plan for freshman ineligibility Updated: Apr-17-15 3:48 pm
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany says making freshmen ineligible in college football and basketball could help correct the imbalance between athletics and academics.
- Swimmer Claire Donahue in search of new training site Updated: Apr-17-15 3:19 pm
MESA, Arizona - Olympian Claire Donahue is in search of a new place to train barely a year before the Rio Games after her coach lost his job at Western Kentucky when the school's swimming and diving programs were suspended for five years.
- Ex-wrestling coach pleads not guilty to molesting athletes Updated: Apr-16-15 8:44 pm
TORRANCE, California - A former Torrance High School wrestling coach has pleaded not guilty to molesting 25 student athletes.
- U of Tulsa to pay full-scholarship athletes $2,500 per year Updated: Apr-16-15 4:35 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The University of Tulsa has finalized the cost of attendance figure that the school will pay its student-athletes.
- After Penn State, Tom Bradley starts anew as UCLA assistant Updated: Apr-16-15 2:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tom Bradley has been defensive coordinator at UCLA for less than two months. He is still learning where to go during practice, what his players can do, and how to meld his philosophy and terminology with what is already in place.
- Wrestling coach accused of molesting 25 students on team Updated: Apr-16-15 10:02 am
TORRANCE, California - A high school wrestling coach in Southern California has been arrested on suspicion of molesting 25 students on his team.
- $14 million residence complex almost done at Missouri school Updated: Apr-15-15 12:29 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - The construction of a $14 million residence hall complex and a field house at Missouri Southern State University are set to be completed this summer.
- Vassar ruling highlights sex-assault reporting questions Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
NEW YORK - After a night of heavy drinking and sex in 2012, two Vassar College students traded Facebook messages suggesting the encounter was consensual. "I'm really sorry I led you on," the woman wrote, adding, "I had a wonderful time last night."