- College officials suspend hockey season over hazing claims Updated: Feb-13-16 2:38 pm
RINDGE, New Hampshire - Officials at a New Hampshire college say they are suspending the rest of the men's hockey season over hazing allegations.
- Interim UMinn athletics director candidate for permanent job Updated: Feb-12-16 4:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The interim athletic director at the University of Minnesota says she is a candidate for the permanent job.
- St. Louis area principal with cancer gets 100th coaching win Updated: Feb-12-16 3:40 pm
WEBSTER GROVES, Missouri - A suburban St. Louis high school principal who is fighting brain cancer has marked his 100th win as a basketball coach.
- Feds open broad bias probe into Iowa athletics Updated: Feb-12-16 2:51 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The University of Iowa is facing a wide-ranging federal civil rights investigation into allegations that its athletics department does not provide equal opportunities for female athletes, correspondence obtained by The Associated Press shows.
- Former DC school coach pleads guilty to sexual abuse Updated: Feb-12-16 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - A former assistant track coach at a public high school in Washington has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing seven male students.
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Updated: Feb-12-16 12:38 am
BERKELEY, California - Jake Spavital has been hired by California as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach a month after he left Texas A&M by mutual agreement.
- Purdue AD Burke announces plans to retire in July 2017 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:51 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University says athletic director Morgan Burke has announced plans to retire in July 2017.
- 2 SUU student athletes cited after drug raid Updated: Feb-10-16 12:04 pm
CEDAR CITY, Utah - Two Southern Utah University basketball players have been cited for drugs after Cedar City Police raided a student housing apartment.
- Prosecutors appeal Indianapolis coach's release to parents Updated: Feb-10-16 7:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Federal prosecutors have appealed a judge's decision to allow a former Indianapolis high school boys' basketball coach to live with his parents while he faces charges that he enticed a 15-year-old girl into a sexual relationship.
- Louisville coach pleads not guilty on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-10-16 7:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Louisville softball coach accused of distributing images of children engaged in sexual activities has pleaded not guilty.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- Lawsuit alleges Tennessee has 'hostile sexual environment' Updated: Feb-09-16 7:08 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A lawsuit filed by a group of women alleges that the University of Tennessee has violated Title IX regulations and created a "hostile sexual environment" through a policy of indifference toward assaults by student-athletes.
- Indictment: Ex-staffer accessed school chief's email account Updated: Feb-09-16 4:41 pm
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - The former vice principal and athletic director at a southern New Jersey high school has been indicted for allegedly accessing the email account of a high-ranking school official without permission.
- House delays vote on athletes' religious clothing bill Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia House has delayed voting on a bill that would prevent state-funded high schools from joining athletic associations that don't allow athletes to wear clothing expressing religious beliefs.
- Mary names former coach Dale Lennon public affairs director Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The University of Mary has hired former Marauders and University of North Dakota head football coach Dale Lennon as its public affairs director.
- Reality star named Florida's 1st female football head coach Updated: Feb-08-16 7:04 pm
MIAMI - A reality TV star has been hired as the first female high school football head coach in Florida history.
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has a new role at South Carolina - special assistant to President Harris Pastides and athletic director Ray Tanner.
- UP student apartment building sold to Colorado investors Updated: Feb-08-16 12:45 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Two student apartment complexes near the University of Oregon have been sold to a Colorado investment group for $30.6 million.
- Police: college soccer player's body found in Ohio creek Updated: Feb-07-16 6:11 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - Police are investigating the death of an Ohio Wesleyan University soccer player whose body was found in a creek in central Ohio.
- Brantley teen overwhelmed with support before cancer fight Updated: Feb-06-16 10:28 am
BRANTLEY, Alabama - Alex Wilcox passively stands, eyes darting around at the scene, her shy nature overwhelmed.
- Football coach inspires team to boost academic performance Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Port Allen High wide receiver Sean Garner started his junior year in August with a 1.7 GPA and an apathetic outlook about college.
- College athletes volunteer to help Flint amid water crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 7:37 pm
FLINT, Michigan - College athletes are among those volunteering to help Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted drinking water.
- Brawl erupts after girls high school game, 2 players charged Updated: Feb-05-16 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Police investigating a brawl involving players, coaches and fans following a girls high school basketball game in Ohio have charged two teammates in the melee.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California hired Pat Haden to guide its storied athletic department through the toughest time in its history.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.