- La Tech juggles 2016 non-conference games out of 'SEC West' Updated: May-24-15 4:00 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Tommy McClelland says that when he became athletic director at Louisiana Tech, the football team was committed to some non-conference games way out of its league in 2016. With a few contract changes and a fellow athletic director's help, he changed that.
- Maine college rugby player indicted on sex assault charge Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - A Maine grand jury has indicted a University of Maine at Farmington senior on a felony sex assault charge.
- Utah State hires Louis Wilson as assistant basketball coach Updated: May-21-15 3:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah State has hired Louis Wilson as an assistant coach under Tim Duryea. The university announced the hiring Thursday morning.
- Former teacher pleads guilty in sex case involving student Updated: May-21-15 9:11 am
St. JOSEPH, Michigan - A former southwestern Michigan high school teacher and soccer coach who authorities say had an inappropriate relationship with a student faces prison time after entering pleas in the case.
- Arkansas athletic director picks up national honor Updated: May-21-15 9:07 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A sports publication has named University of Arkansas' Jeff Long the athletic director of the year.
- 5 Wyoming men's basketball seniors receive diplomas Updated: May-20-15 3:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's senior class proved historic in March.
- Jim Watson, longtime West Liberty AD, to retire June 30 Updated: May-20-15 11:33 am
WEST LIBERTY, West Virginia - West Liberty University athletic director Jim Watson is stepping down after serving for more than two decades.
- Official: University of Texas football could play in Mexico Updated: May-18-15 8:51 am
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas athletic director Steve Patterson says the Longhorns could play football in Mexico City by 2020 as UT considers expanding its brand internationally.
- Jury awards injured high school football player nearly $1M Updated: May-12-15 4:58 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Iowa high school football player who suffered a serious head injury during practice has been awarded almost $1 million in a negligence case against the district and a school nurse.
- Oregon State AD Bob De Carolis to step down Updated: May-11-15 6:18 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State athletic director Bob De Carolis has announced that he will step down on June 30.
- Oklahoma St softball coach Rich Wieligman fired Updated: May-11-15 5:45 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State fired softball coach Rich Wieligman on Monday after his second straight losing season.
- Ex-coach fired over mishandling cash loses lawsuit Updated: May-10-15 4:09 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Gallatin County judge has thrown out a lawsuit by a former football coach who was fired by the Manhattan School District after an investigation found he mishandled thousands of fundraising dollars.
- UW to provide student-athletes $3,200 for expenses Updated: May-10-15 3:48 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - For student-athletes, it's good news.
- Sexual assaults under-reported in official campus tallies Updated: May-10-15 1:14 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - University of Kentucky police reported 12 sexual assaults on campus in the 2013-14 school year. That same year, 67 people went to the UK Violence Intervention and Prevention counseling center to say they had been victims of sexual assault.
- Special-needs athletes take center stage at letter ceremony Updated: May-10-15 11:25 am
WICHITA, Kansas - In most ways, the Tri-County League's ceremony was just like any other end-of-season athletic banquet, replete with fond stories of notable performances throughout the year in soccer, basketball and cheerleading.
- Couple faces stalking charge for allegedly harassing coach Updated: May-09-15 2:19 pm
CRESSKILL, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey couple sent anonymous emails to their son's high school basketball coach in a bid to force him to resign.
- Cal introduces Michael Williams as new athletic director Updated: May-08-15 3:47 pm
BERKELEY, California - The moments that made Michael Williams want to be California's athletic director were the ones he never expected.
- Georgia governor signs 'Todd Gurley bill' into law Updated: May-07-15 9:48 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has signed into law what's been dubbed the "Todd Gurley bill" - making it a crime punishable by up to a year in prison to entice student athletes to break NCAA rules for money.
- Logan High School teacher-coach accused in sex abuse case Updated: May-07-15 5:45 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have charged a teacher and assistant basketball coach at Logan High School in a sex abuse case.
- Illinois Wesleyan names Wagner athletic director Updated: May-07-15 4:49 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Illinois Wesleyan University has appointed Mike Wagner to be its athletic director.
- Southern Illinois names James Bell director of athletics. Updated: May-01-15 10:28 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University has named former Western Illinois athletic director James T. Bell its director of athletics.
- K-State signs AD John Currie to extension through 2020 Updated: May-01-15 5:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State athletic director John Currie signed a restructured contract Friday that includes an extension through the 2020 academic year and increases his base salary to $775,000 annually.
- Texas launches anti-assault program for high school athletes Updated: May-01-15 1:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas state education officials and high school coaches on Friday launched a program aimed at student athletes to prevent and raise awareness of sexual assault and domestic abuse.
- Utah State AD requests $1.5M from Legislature for athletes Updated: May-01-15 10:14 am
SALT LAKE CITY - In the past few years, Utah State University has completed the $6.5 million ICON Sports Performance Center, the $9.7 million Wayne Estes basketball practice facility, landed a $2.4 million Nike apparel contract and announced a 21-year agreement with Maverik that will provide much of the funding for upcoming football-stadium renovations.
- Indiana school revises policies after coach harassed players Updated: Apr-27-15 3:52 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A northern Indiana school district will revise its sexual harassment policies and increase training on how to initiate and investigate complaints as part of a settlement in a case involving a coach who had a sexual relationship with a player, the U.S. Department of Education announced Monday.