- Minnesota senior associate AD on leave during investigation Updated: Sep-03-15 1:17 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A senior associate athletics director at the University of Minnesota, Mike Ellis, has gone on leave while outside lawyers investigate five anonymous complaints lodged against him since the resignation of athletics director Norwood Teague, the university confirmed Thursday.
- Itawamba Community College names Bozeman as assistant coach Updated: Sep-03-15 5:42 am
FULTON, Mississippi - Itawamba Community College has named Eric Bozeman as the Indians' new assistant basketball coach.
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Five members of the women's soccer team at a private Christian university in Washington state were suspended for one match Wednesday after a social media post surfaced showing them dressed in blackface and afro wigs.
- Woman sues Oregon State University over 1999 sexual assault Updated: Sep-02-15 3:39 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A woman who says she was raped while attending Oregon State University in 1999 seeks $7.5 million in a federal Title IX lawsuit against the school and its former football coach, Mike Riley.
- Runner competes despite her blindness Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - The distinct look of accomplishment spread across Logan Anderson's face.
- Rutgers' Flood awaits investigation, expects to coach opener Updated: Sep-01-15 11:53 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers coach Kyle Flood says he expects to be on the sideline leading his team in its season opener despite an investigation into whether he improperly communicated with a faculty member about the academic status of a player.
- Pittsburgh high school coach on leave after student injury Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
PITTSBURGH - An assistant football coach at Westinghouse High School in Pittsburgh has been placed on leave after a student reported being injured by the coach during football practice last month.
- Briles says No. 4 Baylor not distracted by investigation Updated: Aug-31-15 9:59 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor coach Art Briles said Monday that his team isn't distracted by the school president's call for an independent investigation into the handling of a sexual assault complaint against former transfer Sam Ukwuachu.
- Grand jury indicts ex-football player in UNC agents case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:30 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - A grand jury has indicted a former college football player for violating North Carolina's sports agent law by providing money to a former Tar Heels player and illegally contacting another about signing a contract.
- Vandals use construction equipment on Santa Fe sports sites Updated: Aug-31-15 12:05 pm
SANTA FE, Texas - Vandals using heavy-duty construction equipment have damaged the track, a play clock and an athletics fence at a Southeast Texas school.
- Morton resigns as assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall Updated: Aug-31-15 10:51 am
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Dwayne Morton has resigned as an assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall.
- Montana issues apology to NDSU for post-game incident Updated: Aug-31-15 6:39 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The University of Montana's athletic department has issued an apology to North Dakota State University football players, coaches and staff after a postgame incident Saturday involving a fan who confronted a Bison player on the field.
- Cubit tries to focus on football amid Illinois uncertainty Updated: Aug-29-15 10:45 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Next up for Bill Cubit is Illinois' season opener against Kent State, and that's it. The interim coach is focused on what he can control at the troubled school.
- Illinois fires coach Tim Beckman 1 week before season opener Updated: Aug-28-15 11:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A week before the start of the football season, a difficult summer for the University of Illinois became chaotic as coach Tim Beckman was fired after an investigation found he tried to influence medical decisions and pressure players to play with injuries.
- Student says teacher had sex with her on graduation day Updated: Aug-28-15 1:56 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - A 35-year-old teacher is on paid administrative leave and is being investigated by the state's licensing agency for educators after a student said he had sex with her the morning of her graduation.
- Former Thurston High School coach pleads guilty Updated: Aug-28-15 11:28 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A former Thurston High School basketball coach and campus monitor has pleaded guilty to providing a student athlete with a prescription opioid.
- Springfield rehires coach who lost job after complaint Updated: Aug-28-15 9:58 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The Springfield School District has rehired Bill Wagner as Springfield High School's girls basketball coach, less than three months after choosing not to renew his contract amid complaints from a parent.
- Programs run into pitfalls with fining college players Updated: Aug-28-15 12:56 am
Take away game tickets for missing class. Hold back a bowl gift for being late. Maybe even dock a player his $15 per diem for skipping study hall.
- Crean questions leadership after latest legal problem Updated: Aug-27-15 9:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana coach Tom Crean questioned his team's leadership and challenged his players to make better decisions on and off the court Thursday.
- Schools consider regional handling of sexual assault cases Updated: Aug-26-15 10:58 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's colleges and universities are considering whether to establish a network of shared resources and investigators to address campus assaults.
- Boise State: No assault allegations against Ukwuachu Updated: Aug-25-15 11:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Boise State says allegations by Sam Ukwuachu's girlfriend that he assaulted her when they were students there were never reported to school officials and accusations of physical violence against women were not a reason for his dismissal.
- 6 players suspended after SB Washington-Michigan City fight Updated: Aug-25-15 6:41 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The Indiana High School Athletic Association has placed two northern Indiana football teams on probation and suspended six players and two coaches following a fight that forced officials to halt a game at halftime.
- Athletics hire Ron Washington as third base coach Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 pm
- Legal showdown looms over the NCAA's ban on paying athletes Updated: Aug-22-15 12:10 pm
ATLANTA - Fresh off a ruling that Northwestern University football players can't form a union, the NCAA is about to face a more direct challenge to its longstanding policy of not letting schools pay athletes like they're professionals.
- Johns Hopkins announces new sexual misconduct policy Updated: Aug-21-15 10:53 am
BALTIMORE - Johns Hopkins University, one of more than 100 schools under federal investigation for their handling of sexual assault complaints, has unveiled a new sexual misconduct policy.