- Woman's quest could help cure rare disorder Updated: Apr-18-14 1:44 pm
- Nonprofit groups allowed to join Kauai law defense Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- W.Va. grower promotes unmodified feed corn Updated: Apr-12-14 9:19 am
- Kitzhaber doesn't expect consensus from GMO panel Updated: Apr-10-14 8:34 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Oregon task force on GMO agriculture to meet Updated: Apr-09-14 5:31 pm
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Agribusinesses give $380,000 to beat anti-GMO vote Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- Engineered salmon may be a tough sell Updated: Apr-03-14 8:41 am
- DNA from Alaska polar bears used in recent study Updated: Apr-01-14 2:22 pm
- Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal brain growth Updated: Mar-27-14 11:38 am
- Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal brain growth Updated: Mar-26-14 5:31 pm
- Study ties breast gene to high-risk uterine cancer Updated: Mar-24-14 11:38 am
- Bugs resistant to genetically modified corn found Updated: Mar-23-14 8:10 pm
- Hawaii House revives and kills GMO food-label bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:05 pm
- Vermont lawmakers consider labels on modified food Updated: Mar-19-14 5:55 pm
- Cheerios get no lift from GMO switch Updated: Mar-19-14 5:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - When Mary Kaye Richter's son was diagnosed, she could only find a few paragraphs about hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia, which inhibits the growth of teeth, hair and sweat glands. To learn more, she converted a storage room of a church in Mascoutah, Illinois, into the headquarters for a foundation that she established.
HONOLULU - A federal judge has decided to allow four nonprofit organizations to join Kauai County in defending a new law regulating pesticides and genetically modified crops in court.
KEARNEYSVILLE, West Virginia - Lyle Tabb is hoping that his non-genetically modified corn will take off with farmers who can charge top dollar for "all natural" eggs.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber told members of his newly created task force on genetically engineered agriculture that he does not expect them to reach a consensus or produce any specific proposals for next year's legislative session.
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon's task force on genetically engineered agriculture has been formed and will meet for the first time this week.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Six major producers of herbicides and genetically modified crops are shoveling $380,000 into the campaign to defeat measures to prohibit genetically modified crops in southwestern Oregon.
WASHINGTON - Don't expect to find genetically modified salmon - or any other engineered fish or meat - on store shelves anytime soon.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Genetic variation in more than 300 polar bears from Alaska was analyzed in a recent study that looked at genetic elements not used in earlier studies.
A small study that examined the brains of children who died found that certain abnormalities were common in autistic children but not in kids without the disorder. The research bolsters evidence that something before birth might cause autism, at least in some cases.
A small study that examined brains from children who died found abnormal patterns of cell growth in autistic children. The research bolsters evidence that something before birth might cause autism, at least in some cases.
Women with a faulty breast cancer gene might face a greater chance of rare but deadly uterine tumors despite having their ovaries removed to lower their main cancer risks, doctors are reporting.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Researchers say bugs are developing resistance to the widely popular genetically engineered corn plants that make their own insecticide, so farmers may have to make changes.
HONOLULU - An effort to require labels on genetically modified foods in Hawaii was brought back to life in the state Legislature, but it died in committee on Thursday almost as quickly as it was revived.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont Senate panel heard forecasts Wednesday on how well a bill requiring labels on genetically modified foods would hold up in court if the measure becomes law.
NEW YORK - Plain old Cheerios are no longer made with genetically modified ingredients, but the switch hasn't yet translated to a boost in sales.