- SC's Tim Scott plays role in GOP race with candidate forums Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - More than 2,000 voters, from college students to those of retirement age, packed a Columbia theater recently to see for themselves what it's like to experience businessman Donald Trump up close and personal.
- Bernie Sanders making campaign swing through Massachusetts Updated: Oct-03-15 10:22 am
BOSTON - Bernie Sanders is making a campaign swing through Massachusetts.
- Republican hopeful Carson says no to Syrian refugees in US Updated: Oct-02-15 7:59 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said the U.S. should bar refugees from war-torn Syria because they are "infiltrated" with Muslim extremists who seek to harm America.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- Trump not coming to Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Donald Trump won't be doing a question-and-answer session with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Washington next week.
- Again? Health care debate expands for 2016 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:06 pm
WASHINGTON - America's health care debate has been called an unhealthy political obsession. But if the 2016 presidential hopefuls have any say, it's about to get bigger.
- Bush with S. Carolina prosecutor for constitutional chat Updated: Oct-02-15 6:13 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush is returning to South Carolina for a constitutional conversation.
- Rolling past his deadline, Biden still steeped in indecision Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - Long past the time Joe Biden hoped to announce his plans for 2016, the vice president is still steeped in indecision, breeding uncertainty among Democrats eagerly looking for clues to whether he'll run for president.
- Trump and Carson's attacks on Muslims worry some GOP elders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:11 am
WASHINGTON - The candidates atop the GOP presidential field are ramping up political attacks aimed at Muslims, a move designed to appeal to hardline conservatives. But party elders worry that escalating anti-immigrant rhetoric could cost Republicans the White House in 2016.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Rubio, Huckabee name campaign leaders in North Carolina Updated: Oct-01-15 7:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More Republican presidential hopefuls are rolling out their campaign's leading political supporters for their bids in North Carolina.
- Hillary Clinton says more substance abuse treatment needed Updated: Oct-01-15 6:15 pm
BOSTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday that treatment for drug and alcohol addiction should be on a par with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions.
- Clinton campaign starts more Nevada Latino outreach efforts Updated: Oct-01-15 5:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is announcing more initiatives focused on getting Nevada Hispanics on board with her campaign.
- Trump, Rubio, Bush among candidates going to state GOP event Updated: Oct-01-15 12:27 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Donald Trump, former Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio are among at least six presidential candidates that will attend a summit hosted by the Republican Party of Florida.
- Donald Trump to speak at Franklin rally Updated: Oct-01-15 9:48 am
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - The Williamson County Republican Party says GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump will attend a rally this weekend in Middle Tennessee.
- Sanders pulls in nearly as much cash this quarter as Clinton Updated: Oct-01-15 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is offering Hillary Rodham Clinton an unexpected challenge in the race for primary campaign money this quarter as he collected nearly as much money from small donations as the Democratic front-runner has from big-dollar donors.
- Clinton seeking to organize Latino voters ahead of primaries Updated: Oct-01-15 3:51 am
NEW YORK - Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign is planning a major push to organize Latino voters ahead of the Nevada caucuses and early primary contests in Texas, Florida and Colorado, all with an eye toward connecting with Hispanics in the 2016 election.
- Carson raising millions to become '16 fundraising juggernaut Updated: Oct-01-15 3:45 am
RANDLEMAN, North Carolina - She had never before given more than a few hundred dollars to a politician. But two weeks ago, Jacquelyn Monroe, a single mother who plays the piano for a living, decided to raise $100,000 for Ben Carson.
- North Carolina primaries officially on March 15 with signing Updated: Sep-30-15 7:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday signed into law a move for all of North Carolina's primaries next year to March 15, including the political parties' presidential contests. A $2 billion bond referendum also is expected on statewide ballots that day.
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- In New Hampshire, substance abuse at center of 2016 campaign Updated: Sep-30-15 3:29 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - In town halls and meet-and-greets in Iowa and New Hampshire, voters are using their access to presidential hopefuls to raise painful and often deeply personal concerns about drug abuse.
- Wendy Davis formally endorsing Clinton presidential bid Updated: Sep-30-15 1:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Former state senator and failed Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis is formally endorsing Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential bid.
- Rubio campaign taps Idaho state controller as state chairman Updated: Sep-30-15 1:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio on Wednesday selected Idaho State Controller Brandon Woolf to serve as state chairman for the campaign.
- Cruz announces endorsements of 41 Texas state lawmakers Updated: Sep-30-15 1:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Home-state presidential hopeful and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he's secured endorsements from 36 Republican Texas state representatives and five state senators.