- Baker not planning to make another presidential endorsement Updated: Feb-13-16 3:30 pm
BOSTON - Republican Gov. Charlie Baker's brief foray into presidential politics may be over for now.
- Republican group likens Clinton to Trump in advertisement Updated: Feb-13-16 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is getting an assist from a Republican super PAC founded by a top strategist to former President George W. Bush.
- Vermont a 'Super Tuesday' state in presidential primary Updated: Feb-13-16 9:19 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - With favorite son Bernie Sanders on the ballot Vermonters will get a chance to double-dip on March 1, when the state's Super Tuesday presidential primary coincides with the annual Town Meeting Day.
- Presidential contenders fight for minority voters in SC Updated: Feb-13-16 2:57 am
DENMARK, South Carolina - The fight for black voters turned into a tug-of-war over President Barack Obama's legacy Friday as Democratic presidential hopefuls looked for an edge in South Carolina. Republicans, meanwhile, crisscrossed the state in search of a path out of Donald Trump's long shadow.
- Trump rips into former Gov. Jeb Bush at Tampa campaign rally Updated: Feb-12-16 10:38 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Donald Trump is regaling Florida voters with insults directed at their former governor, Jeb Bush, whom he calls "a total stiff" and "a gutless guy" who is "asleep at the wheel."
- Bill Clinton says in Ohio wife is "best change-maker" Updated: Feb-12-16 6:10 pm
CINCINNATI - Former President Bill Clinton said Friday that his wife is the "best change-maker" to move Americans forward together beyond labeling and blaming.
- Black Vermont residents talk up Bernie Sanders at statehouse Updated: Feb-12-16 4:43 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders may be about to hit a "black firewall" in South Carolina, as one Vermont activist on race issues put it Friday, but support for him appears to run deep in Vermont's tiny black community.
- Clinton counters Sanders with ad barrage in Minnesota Updated: Feb-12-16 4:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Democratic contenders for the presidential nomination are taking their fight to Minnesota's airwaves.
- AP FACT CHECK: Dems offer iffy stats on donors, health plan Updated: Feb-12-16 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Eager to share Bernie Sanders's claim to the grass roots, Hillary Clinton is having trouble owning up to the deep pockets helping her campaign. For his part, Sanders is struggling to make a convincing case that the numbers add up in his hugely expensive health plan.
- Top Republicans stay quiet on release of their tax returns Updated: Feb-12-16 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have failed to release their tax returns despite promises to do.
- Clinton, Sanders opening offices ahead of March 1 primary Updated: Feb-12-16 1:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is set to help open a new campaign office for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.
- Senate confirms nominees for State posts and ambassadorships Updated: Feb-12-16 1:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate confirmed on Friday six of President Barack Obama's nominees for ambassadorships and senior positions at the State Department after GOP presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas ended his opposition.
- Tea party favorite bets Cruz, Trump coattails can beat Burr Updated: Feb-12-16 12:55 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Two years after his loss to a Republican favored by party leaders in Washington, Greg Brannon is betting the popularity of outsiders like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump can sweep him to a U.S. Senate primary upset win.
- Debate Takeaways: Clinton, Sanders appeal to SC, Nevada Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
MILWAUKEE - In the first Democratic presidential debate since Bernie Sanders' sweeping victory in New Hampshire's primary, the Vermont senator sought to build upon success and introduce himself to voters who may be open to an alternative to Iowa winner Hillary Clinton.
- Martin O'Malley's band to perform in Baltimore next month Updated: Feb-12-16 5:06 am
BALTIMORE - Former presidential candidate Martin O'Malley will perform with his Irish pub-rock band for the first time since he suspended his presidential campaign.
- Sanders online fundraising gives Clinton a run for her money Updated: Feb-12-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money, $27 at a time.
- Bush campaigning in Anderson, talking faith in Greenville Updated: Feb-12-16 4:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is making a few more campaign stops in South Carolina before this weekend's Republican presidential debate.
- Kasich works to assure South Carolina of conservative record Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An energized John Kasich heads into South Carolina's Republican presidential primary hoping to build on a strong showing in New Hampshire, but he's refusing to tailor or shift his message to fit the state's more conservative electorate.
- Sanders plans Minneapolis stop to talk black voter issues Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is planning a stop in Minnesota to talk about issues facing black residents.
- Campaign signs get new life to help people with disabilities Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The oversized Carly Fiorina campaign signs along New Hampshire's Route 4 weren't enough to keep the Republican presidential hopeful's campaign alive past Tuesday's primary, but they could end up helping people with disabilities live their lives more independently.
- Christie seeks federal relief for January snowstorm Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is asking the federal government for disaster assistance to help New Jersey pay for last month's winter storm.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- Trump settles lawsuit against Univision Updated: Feb-11-16 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump and Univision say they have resolved the lawsuit that the Republican presidential contender filed after the company decided last summer not to broadcast the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants.